Dee Miliner...have I missed something?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Derty, Oct 15, 2013.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You should read the entire thread...

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Rex announces that Milliner will start against the Saints. Damn, what does a guy have to do to lose a starting job?

3. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

if you guys say this is a rebuilding year and don't expect us to go anywhere, then why do you care if we play milliner? why can't we just play him and hope he gets better, i mean he is the future

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm glad this kid is starting. Let him learn. Throw him into the fire and let him do his thing. You ain't gonna get better if you don't keep doing it

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Better off letting the kid get experience. The reality is Cromartie might not even be here next year and Millner could be our #1 CB.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It's called "Trial by fire". If Dee survives this season, he'll be that much better in '14 and beyond. Keep in mind that nothing you see this year is for this year. It's all more or less a evaluation for the future. Easiest way to maintain sanity in a rebuilding year.

7. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I loved how he aproched dee subject in press conference. Dee knows Rex has his back and thats good.

8. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Jarvis Jones just got benched. The first round this draft has looked atrocious all around. Thank god we got Richardson.

9. 94Abraham

...because you dont play your worse players when you are not out of the hunt quite yet. If we lose 8 games, then we would be all for letting him play and get more reps. No one knows if he is out future yet either. Right now, he is a reincarnation of Vernon Goulston at the CB position. If he doesnt show he can be a viable nfl player, he'll be gone just like the Ghost was.

10. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

that's extremely rough, he's played like 4 games

CBs have the toughest learning curve in the NFL. i know that's been said before, but look at players like Dre Kirkpatrick, morris claibourne, DJ hayden, etc. patrick peterson stunk up the joint his rookie season as a cover corner, we just need to give dee more time

11. 94Abraham

You have any stats to back any of that? Seems like you're just grasping at straws and throwing out random names now.

12. Mitch_Dumstein

I choose to go with the opinions of John Idzik, Rex Ryan and Dennis Thurman on Milliner over the opinions of famed football guru 94Abraham

13. 94Abraham

Maybe they should hire you then. Drew Brees is gonna feast on this guy this week. Just watch......

14. Mitch_Dumstein

don't really give a crap what you think about anything, frankly

We Jet fans will root hard for ALL of our players and hopefully beat the Saints... and remember to be around here at the end of next season when Dee Milliner gets selected for the Pro Bowl....

they don't need to hire me.... they have good football people making the personnel decisions and doing the coaching and not allowing ignoramuses like you to influence their thinking

thankfully

15. Mitch_Dumstein

"I will say this, by the time this season is over he will be the best rookie Corner and playing better than any Corner in this year's draft. I dont think there is any doubt and you expect that, he was number one Corner selected. I think he is Close, I really do."

wadeasekund, rex, wadeasekund..... world renowned personnel guru 94Abraham says he is a bust who should be FIRED

16. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

What was Rex smoking when he said that?

17. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

John Idzik is a cap guy and management guy. He was booking the hotels for the Seahawks prior to being GM of the Jets. There are still no good football guys in charge. Rex is a great defensive mind, a pretty good motivator, and a horrendous talent evaluator.

18. Falco21

This doesn't warrant a detailed response. At all.

Rex Ryan is such a shitty talent evaluator? Really? I'll just use one name that completely counters your Bullshit claim. Sheldon Richardson

19. Falco21

Alright, Fuck it:

Wilkerson
    Ellis
    Kerley
    Richardson
    Allen

20. 94Abraham

You do realize that Rex overhypes everyone, right? I take it this is probably your first year as a Jet fan so im sure this is news to you. Go blow Rex and company some more.