Holmes likely out. Again.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HardHitta, Oct 28, 2013.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lol truth.

2. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

He IS a bum, and a thug to boot. All about getting paid.

BTW I cant wait for him to play again so he can let another opposing player score by throwing him the ball. Im my opinion much worse than any butt fumble could ever be

3. no psls

no psls Banned

BOW WOW Holmes BOW WOW

4. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Lets all face it, we were the suckers that traded for him. The Steelers couldnt wait to get rid of this headache for a low round pick and he was the MVP of a Super Bowl.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

LOL. I'm am literally speechless at the stupidity of this comment. He's injured. Why are people acting like he's not and it's his choice? WTF. Fans? Yeah right. Stop acting like emotional tools. He's injured, move on. It happens. Can't believe he snaps his foot in half and people act like he did it on purpose to milk a contract and doesn't want to win. Like really? I'm appalled right now. I guess when you snap your foot in half and are in excruciating pain, your priority will be to finish whatever task you are doing at work. Screw your health, just keep going. You better not screw up and drop equipment that might cost the company! They are way more important than your health / pain. Honestly I hope Holmes gets a 10 year contract, the biggest ever in football just to piss some of you guys off. Hopefully it will relocate you guys to another team because we don't need people like you constantly bashing our players and dragging us down. If you live in a world of dark clouds and sorrow keep it far away from our team. Go follow the Bucs or the Dolphins.

#25 Barcs, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Look at Michael Vick. He took 2 weeks off after messing up his hamstring. Then last week he reaggravates the injury. So basically let Holmes properly rest the hamstring, we're gonna need him for the stretch run later this season.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Bingo. We shouldn't be rushing him back. After the Saints game, the schedule gets a little bit easier, so we will need him for the end of the season, no doubt.

8. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Quit being an apologist for a pot smoking, me first malcontenet. The Steelers tired of his act and gave him away for a low round pick and he was Super Bowl MVP! Do you think the Steelers give guys like him away for no reason? I dont think we'll ever be pissed off because the only place hes getting a 10 year deal is on your Madden game. When he gets cut apologists like you can follow him to the next team for him to be a cancer to and to the next QB that he'll kill. Cant wait for the next time he throws the ball to another opposing team for an easy TD.

9. I don't understand why it's so important for some of you to hate on this guy.

Sure maybe he isn't a model citizen & maybe he is about the money. You do realize that a good majority of other NFL players are the same way? Many smoke pot & even more care more about the paycheck than wins/losses.

Nobody said the guy was a boy scout or that he's your new lawn boy. And by the way, he's also one of the more generous guys charity wise on the entire Jet team.

As for "Dropping the ball"...let's see you sustain the same foot injury he did w/ massive prime athletes draping at your carcass & see if you hang onto your grocery bags or man purse. Give me a fucking break.

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Holmes, has had a long time to prove himself. He still has until the end of this season to prove himself. Holmes should know though that if the season ended tomorrow he would be remembered only for glimpses of showcased excellence and more for inability to get the job done.

Kerley, has been an overall better production receiver and more promising future receiver than old 'tone time.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Holmes won't get any large contracts ever again. Crappy attitude, lazy on the field when he did play unless he had a personal interest in it, too injury prone.

12. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

What is this, he can't play. We'll take that into consideration once we get over
    being so butt hurt after Sunday!!

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Nothing you said has anything to do with football. It never does with haters like you. All you're doing is slandering the guy because he got injured. It wasn't his fault, grow up. People keep whining and whining like spoiled teenagers whenever the slightest thing happens with Holmes. It's really getting old. Stop getting so emotional over a game. Holmes makes the team MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better. I'm sorry that you can't see past Holmes smoking weed 4 years ago or having an issue with linesmen in the huddle in 2011 to realize this. Keep hurling childish insults at a player on our team. You are the text book definition of a bad fan. You probably root for season ending injuries. Holmes makes a big difference when he's in the lineup. It's like people are so invested in hating on Holmes that they ignore everything good and blow everything bad out of proportion.

#33 Barcs, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  14. 101GangGreen101

It's more like disappointment turning into hate.

[​IMG]

We don't need players like this on the team. How much is he getting paid to be a #1 WR? In reality he's not even a #1 WR.

15. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

The problem in the huddle in Miami, while the team for fighting for a playoff bid, makes him a bad teammate. The quote about I cant throw the ball to myself and some of his issues with Sanchez make him a bad teamate. Sorry if you cant see that. Keep giving the guy a pass, its why he still acts the way he does.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I wouldn't say he's had a long time. He only played one full season for us.

17. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

That video says it all. Celebration with the team down 28-10..............all about me and not about the team.

The fact the Steelers dropped him like a hot potato and we scooped him up is all you need to know about these 2 teams

18. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

I believe the comment about Pittsburgh dumping him has to do with football. That winning team wanted nothing to do with his selfish additude anymore. But Barnum and Jets couldnt wait to take him, baggage and all

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Big deal. You do realize that players get several of these type penalties EVERY WEEK. When he scored that TD, the Jets were still very much in that game. People care more about drama and gossip than they do about actual football.

20. 101GangGreen101

It was great to have Holmes along for the ride in 2010, but other than that he's been a complete nightmare. The man got paid, the man is just coasting.