Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Pretty much sums it up, the Chargers still have 4 games against the Chiefs and Broncos. The Ravens still have 2 against the Bengals, Patriots, Steelers, Lions, Bears, Browns.

We seem to be the only team that ist going to be playing any division leaders for the rest of the year other than the Saints. The rest have multiple games against multiple division winners. 8-9 wins will clinch it. If we can steal this game from the Saints then book us for the playoffs, even at 4-5 I like our odds just because of our schedule compared to the rest.

#161 soxxx, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I agree, we are just analyzing the landscape. I know the team isnt built for the playoffs right now. Lets see what they need to do each week to get in the fold

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

There's going to be alot of disappointed people here :shit:

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This. I would love to be wrong. But I don't see this team being in the playoffs this year.

5. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

So IF we happen to grab the 6th seed and the Top 4 stays the way it is, we will be going into Foxbourgh to play our friends..

6. Jay Bizniss

Updated with standings through 4:00 Today. Will update again after the 4 o clock games end... In the 6th seed baby!!!

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And this is why I said not to lock the topic last week. Jets are the favorites to make it and have the easiest schedule. We are the only team that doesnt have a game against any first place teams, the Titans, Ravens and Chargers have 2+ against 1st place teams.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Well today Dr Geno shows up and we win.

What happens after the bye when Mr. Jackass turns the ball over 3-5 times and we lose?

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Just dont make a big deal about it. Right now we are a win/loss team. Lets see if we can get two in a row after the bye

10. J--E--T--S

J--E--T--S New Member

I'm just so happy to be at the mid-season point and even in the running. For now I'm thankful for an entertaining season. We'll see about the playoffs.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is exactly where I am also. I've had fun watching this season and it looks like there's more on tap. for a rebuilding year what more could we ask?

12. Jay Bizniss

Can we merge all other playoff talk threads into this one? Doesn't make sense to have 9 different threads saying the same thing.

13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

It's like everyone here keeps overlooking one important team in the Mix.
    The Dolphins. I would be more worried about them than anyone else, especially because we need to take care of business against them.

They are 4-4 and with then Bucs next week will be tied with us at 5-4.
    They also have the Panthers and Bills left. But they have a little easier with the Panthers at home.
    The also have winnable games of Chargers, Patriots and Steelers.

14. Jay Bizniss

Who said they are beating the Bucs?

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think people aren't including them because they are in our path. It's pretty easy, we sweep them, we are fine. They are in our control. SD and TEN are out of control as we lost to TEN and aren't playing SD

16. Jay Bizniss

Doubt we sweep the dolphins...

17. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I agree - I just don't think splitting with them is going to cut it, we need to sweep them, there rest of the schedule isn't much more different than ours.

Cleveland is tougher than people think and you can probably chalk up the Panthers as a loss ( I'll be there and hop I am wrong) and not comfortable with the Raiders and Ravens given our history.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

No ones overlooking the Phins, the reason why I didnt include them is because we get to play them when the time comes. The Titans and Chargers are out of our control at this point.

All I know is the Chargers have four games with 2 of the best teams in the NFL (Chiefs/Broncos) and the Bengals. The Titans have a pair of games against the Colts and have to play Denver. The Dolphins have a game against New England and have Us twice and the Chargers.

The Jets have by far the easiest schedule down this stretch. As it stands right now we play only one game with a team with a better record than ours and thats Carolina. The rest of the games are against teams that have played worse than us. These other teams like the Chargers and Titans still have multiple games against the best teams in the league, we don't.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

If we split with MIA and keep pace with them, we beat them with division record since MIA lost to BUF and are 0-2 in the division.

20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I just fear a last game loss at Miami knocking us out of contention,
    and then having to listen to a year's worth of BS about firing Rex, getting rid of Geno, etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.