Geno is an Mirror Image of .....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by pdxdrew, Oct 26, 2013.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Nice.

_

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I think Aaron Brooks is the best comparison. They share a similar build, release and athleticism. Geno has the better football mind or football IQ if you will but physically he reminds me of Brooks. I don't see the Aaron Rodger comparisons at all. Rodgers has a lightning fast release, varying release points on his throws and very good footwork; all characteristics I do not see in Geno.

3. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

McNabb was a deadly two-threat QB early in career, but his injuries really limited his mobility. First QB ever with 30+ TDs and under 10 INTs in 2004.
    Never was the most accurate guy, especially under Reid's west coast system (which Marty was apart of for a long time) when they got too pass happy. I watched McNabb's whole career in Philly, and I hope Geno becomes better and has as much more success than McNabb did.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

People say McNabb, but McNabb was such a choke artist and he wasn't an accurate QB - Geno's demeanor is much different. It is Elway-esque.

It's hard to pin-point just one QB, you see a little bit of Rodgers, Elway, Pennington.

5. JStokes

I love McNabb but he was woefully inaccurate since he started at Syracuse. But he was a great dual threat QB. A beast of a runner.

Geno is incredibly accurate, but he's not truly dual threat. He can run if needed, but that's not his forte.

Completely different guys.

_

6. legler82

Geno Smith's demeanor also reminds me of Brooks, very laid back and even keel at all times. Many took Brooks demeanor as a lack of passion for football, which may have been true in his case, but not so sure it is with Geno; we'll see.

7. NFL

NFL Active Member

I would say that by playing style he reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. Both are pass first, if nothing try to get something running. Both are very accurate, and aren't afraid to throw the deep ball. And last but not least, they both fell in the draft for some odd reason.

Geno is no where near as good as Rodgers, but his playing style is very much like Rodgers.

8. JStokes

I agree about McNabb being inaccurate.

But his demeanor is Elway-esque?

Lol.

Where are you getting this crap from?

First MM is his father figure, now Geno's got the demeanor of one of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL?

How about we just let him be a young promising QB rather than turning him into Paul Bunyon already.

Geez.

_

9. NFL

NFL Active Member

Agreed. Let the guy form his own name. Soon we'll know if he's on the top tier of players, or the low tier.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Did you not see the quotes directly from the players on the other thread? Oh yeah that's right you had no real response to it.

I guess you never watched football past last year.

11. legler82

Physically different too. McNabb had a compact solid build. Geno has the long and lean build.

Off topic: Funny McNabb story. I once was next on line behind a young McNabb (think he may have still been at Syracuse at the time) to shoot some hoops in the half court of the Chicago ESPN Zone. McNabb stood at the top of the key and hit EVERY single shot he took while simultaneously flirting with groupies. He would have an all time score if his boy rebounded and got him the ball fast enough. Needless to say, I inconspicuously found a way to excuse myself from the line. By then a large crowd had gathered to watch. Who wanted to follow that?

12. pender30

pender30 Member

It's funny how he's getting compared to nothing but all time greats. I'd say right now he reminds of Jake Plummer. He can scramble a little, has a good arm, makes an ill-advised pass from time to time.

13. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a smaller less Rapey roethlisberger

14. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

If you ask me he's mark Sanchez esque! He's beaten the pats as a rookie and has butt fumbled lol....hopefully he turns out to be Peyton manning lol

15. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

I like this comparison a lot.

16. JStokes

Yup, just started watching last year.

LOL MM is Geno's father figure. And he has Elway's demeanor.

Keep making crap up.

How about we just let Geno be Geno without making up fairy tales about him? You don't have to turn him into a Hallmark card to appreciate him.

_

17. JStokes

You're new here, aren't you? :grin:

_

18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Tony Romo. He has similar physical tools and athleticism. In terms of accuracy maybe Kenny Anderson but he was a completely different type of passer. It is hard to find a QB who throws the ball down the field as much and is as accurate as Geno.

But I care little about how Geno compares to other QBs physically. What will make or break him is his mental progression. That is learning to make pre-snap reads and get rid of the ball quickly. That is something that will take years. We should be comparing Geno to himself and hope he shows improvement as the season goes on and big improvement in the offseason. Next year I would expect him to make big improvements especially in taking snaps under center.

#58 Noam, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  19. wherestheheart

wherestheheart New Member

Well according to Steve Young Geno reminds him of himself as a young QB, he told Geno to treat learning the QB position as a student studying to become a Doctor would treat school,

20. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Geno reminds me of Dante' Culpepper.