Sanchez value, IF ONLY...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Oct 24, 2013.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

This thread is about Mark Sanchez- the title is clear. If you don't wish to discuss him, why the compulsion to chime in?

You don't HAVE to click on the thread.

It's the Internet, if idiots want to discuss an idiotic topic, why do you care?

What's the compulsion?

There are 50 other really awesome threads to put your 2 cents in on.

How about next time you...just don't click?

Maybe you should pm a mod and have them lock any thread discussing topics you deem not worthy?

_

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Which is why I asked a pro qb, one who started and won many games playing under Marty Morningwheg, if he thought Sanchez would find success this year under the new system.

He basically said Sancho couldn't cut the mustard.

That's his opinion of course, but it's based on a little more than supposition.
    He played the position under Morningwheg and did very well.

I forgot to ask him about Kate Upton.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

No doubt Geno looked bad in that pre-season game. He also was clearly limited by his ankle injury.

After watching Sanchez collapse down the stretch in 2011 and catching all of his work in 2012, objectively, there is no way I could see Sanchez as an NFL starting QB. If it wasn't for his contract, objectively he would have been cut or traded and another veteran brought in. Since we couldn't afford it and his contract prohibited us from cutting him it made sense for him to be on the roster. That in no way objectively meant he should start ahead of developing Geno Smith. Geno Smith despite his poor play in one pre-season game was probably showing in TC the same things he's showing in games.

He's a better all around athlete then Sanchez. He's less flustered under pressure then Sanchez. He is more accurate then Sanchez on all range of passes. He has a tougher make up then Sanchez. He doesn't sulk on the sidelines when things aren't going his way like Sanchez and he's involved with the team on the sidelines unlike Sanchez.

Objectivity is in the eyes of the beholder. Sanchez haters are no less objective then Sanchez lovers. Acting like Sanchez doesn't have a body of work and comparing it to a pre-season game isn't exactly objective.

4. JStokes

I'm not arguing that Sanchez SHOULD have started, just that at the end of the 3rd quarter of the Giant game he WAS the starter.

Btw, a lot of the strengths we're seeing from Geno we're seeing now with the benefit of 7 real games. Sure he's a better athlete and much much more a accurate, but the other demeanor stuff are things we're seeing now. Saying we all saw that in preseason is just revisionist history.

Without the benefit of hindsight, can you objectively say that Sanchez wouldn't have been the starter had he not been hurt? Not what you were hoping for, what actually would have been the case?

If we're being honest- and again not optimal in the long OR short term interests of the team- he would have been the starter week 1.

_

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Objectively there is no way Sanchez is on the NY Jets roster if it wasn't for his contract.

The team wasn't evaluating Geno based on one pre-season game. To even hint at that isn't objective.

If we are being honest? Sanchez wasn't doing well in TC and didn't look good in pre-season. Sanchez has a body of work. If were being honest if Sanchez is even considered a viable NFL starter there is no QB competition, particularly in light of the fact we were installing a new O. The fact that there was a QB competition at all was based on an extensive evaluation by the new OC and GM that Sanchez wasn't the answer before we opened TC.

Calling into question objectivity and honesty as a point of argument is essentially an attack on someone's personal integrity. A cheap lawyers tactic that adds nothing to your basic argument.

Lets ignore the fact Sanchez was brought in for mop up duty. A roll apparently the HC thought appropriate.

#165 Biggs, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  6. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

If Sanchez was starting a company, had a lot of experience, a good line of credit and was looking for a partner with a background in IT, and you were a systems administrator -- would you join him?

I am asking this because I am fuck tired of talking about Sanchez in general?

7. JStokes

Wtf?

He HAD the contract, he was ON the team- to revisit those circumstances is pure deflection- they are irrelevant to the situation I posed.

You may think asking someone to honestly answer a question is a cheap lawyer tactic or calling into question one's personal integrity.

But you'd be grasping at straws and again deflecting.

I honestly don't care what YOU think per se because right or wrong, regardless of the circumstances, anyone being TRULY honest, no matter how hard it is to swallow, is that Sanchez would have been the starter week 1 had he not been hurt.

I get what you had hoped for, doesn't change what was GOING to happen.

And I know nothing about you or your personal integrity, although I am assuming it is of the highest quality because you are a passionate Jet fan taking the time to discuss Jet topics on a message board.

But you go ahead and think I'm attacking your personal integrity.

_

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

If Sanchez was the "starter" Rex wouldn't have put him in the 4th quarter. IMO they wanted to kill two birds with one stone. Get Geno some significant reps and also get Sanchez some reps in the new system. If they felt Geno needed to sit and watch then Sanchez would've been named the starter earlier. So no it wasn't obvious that Sanchez "won the job".

9. JStokes

So why the compulsion to click on a thread clearly titled and weigh in on him?

How about you just stay out of threads that don't interest you?

Why don't you pm a mod and ask them to lock and dump all threads you don't deem worthy?

You're fuck tired about talking about Sanchez?

So then don't.

Thankee.

_

10. JStokes

Nobody said he "won the job".

But you believe what you want to.

_

11. Mitch_Dumstein

I'm past arguing on this particular issue --- no sense getting junc involved for gods sake

Mark Sanchez is on the IR, probably out for the season and also probably no longer a Jet at the end of this season. He tried his best, gave us two terrific seasons, was a good Jet and should be appreciated for his plusses

OTOH Geno Smith is now the starting QB of the New York Jets and has delivered a 4-3 record after seven games in a rebuild season in which ESPNE ranked the Jets as #32 before the season and "experts" such as Skip Bayless, Evan Roberts, Mel Kiper, Peter King and Colin Cowherd said we were a 3 win team for the entire season.

In summary

GO GENO

GO JETS

SHOCK THE WORLD

SLAY THOSE BENGALS TOMORROW

12. JStokes

Btw, none of us can prove any of this so I hope you don't tell me to STFU because I CAN'T prove it, but I think Rex put Sanchez in the game because he wanted to win the snoopy trophy.

Again, I'm admitting I have NO proof of this so please please please don't tell me to STFU. I mean you can't prove what you've just said and I respect YOUR opinion and wouldn't tell YOU to STFU.

It's just so damn hurtful to have a stranger say mean things like that.

_

13. JStokes

You realize you just sent out the Bat signal? :grin:

_

14. Mitch_Dumstein

oh no, not that Robin:grin::grin:

15. The 1985er

I get it now

You're Mark Sanchez lawyer. After all I can't "prove" it though but it's "my opinion" so since it's "my opinion " that gives me free range to say whatever I want.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

You can't really say that if MM loved Geno then he would have drafted Geno in the 1st round. It may have taken MM pounding his shoe on the table for Idzik to draft Geno where we did.

Who knows? Idzik/Rex and the scouting dept may have had 5 other players they wanted way more than Geno in the 2nd round but were afraid MM would blow a blood vessel if they didn't take him.

We'll never know until someone writes a book.

17. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Says the new gang green internet policeman...:rofl:

18. The 1985er

He hates when people post in threads they don't like. But he proceeds to direct posts at people who complain. Why not just ignore them?

19. JStokes

Of course it's your opinion so say whatever you want.

Not sure why you need to tell other posters to STFU because you disagree with their opinion.

But have fun with that.

_

20. JStokes

No I don't hate it, I just don't understand the pathological yet idiotic compulsion to post in a thread that they are clearly not interested in.

It's like the idiot who chimes in with "who cares" in a thread with over 500 relies.

Why does anyone else on an Internet fan forum give a half baked crap about what other posters want to discuss?

_