Sanchez value, IF ONLY...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Oct 24, 2013.

1. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

I'm referring to plays Geno made with his leg which Sanchez would not have been able to make. Those rushing 1st downs keep us in a lot of games even when we're outmatched. Plus, teams defend us differently with Geno back there because they have to account for him running. I really don't see what Sanchez brought to the table than Geno doesn't have. May I also remind you this is the same offense Sanchez was leading last year(minus Holmes. ouch!)

2. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Just like Sanchez did last year, right? Lol

3. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

If Mark were competent at all teams would be knocking on our door to offer picks for the 'savvy' vet. Even Colbs got philly some picks. No one is even offering a conditional 7th because nobody trade for 3rd strings.

4. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

This is the same worst offensive talent that Geno is wheeling. And that's without Holmes. You keep destroying your own argument.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hey dipshit, he's had a torn labrum since August and had surgery a few weeks ago and was put on IR.

No one is offering anything for a QB on IR just like no one is offering anything for Johhny Unitas because he's dead.

Btw, who the fuck is Colbs?

And it's "trades" with an "s".

_

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I never said Marty said it, matter of fact I said it in my other post that Marty did not come out and say it blatantly. I said if you put all of the clues together the writing was on the wall. Marty supported Geno for the position over Mark.

I'm not making anything up. I think it's pretty obvious.

#146 101GangGreen101, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  7. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

I'm sure if he was a ball of fire you'd hear trade murmur. If you don't know who Kevin Colb is then my point is made. Don't be mad cause Sanchez is incompetent and will NEVER be a starter in this league.

8. JStokes

Again dipshit, he has a torn labrum, had surgery and is on IR so he CAN'T be traded you moron.

And wtf is a trade murmur? Are you illiterate?

And your "point" about Kevin Colb is what?

It's Kolb, not "Colbs" and not "Colb" dumbfuck.

Why don't you stick to telling us what scrubs Luck and Wilson and RG3 are.

_

9. JStokes

It's obvious you are hoping for something to be the case based upon nothing. Other than hope.

You really think MM is a father figure to Geno? In the NFL?

I've heard some funny hyperbole here but that takes the far-fetched cake.

Father figure. Lol.

_

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You don't believe in that type of thing? Funny, you're a Jet fan and you do know Curtis Martin thought of Parcells the same way right ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-geno-remember-gift-marty-gave-article-1.1481301?pgno=1

Yeah pretty funny.

11. JStokes

And MM knew this from his first pro day and STILL passed on him twice.

The bullshit on this forum is entertaining.

We all are hoping Geno is the real deal franchise QB, why the obsession with creating a backstory to enhance some illusion that doesn't exist.

None of us have the slightest clue who MM preferred- hell he might be the insider in the organization was pushing Simms as the QB.

NOBODY knows. But let's make up little stories about writing on the wall and body language and while he didn't say it outright if you connect the not-so-obvious dots and, well, he IS his father figure.

Lol.

_

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

in all fairness stokes, he is doing the same thing you are doing. you are assuming that because geno smith got hurt and missed week 2 preseason and looked bad for the entirety of his third game that it guaranteed sanchez would be the starter. that disregards when most of the work took place in otas and then the entirety of training camp.

i think that is a reach. just as much if not moreso than what gg is saying about how he thought morningwood thought about them.

just dont go making guarantees or absolute statements and i wont bust your balls. but if you make absolute statements and then attack other guys for doing the exact same shit, well im probably going to come on in and give you a little bit of shit about it.

i sure am glad we are where we are though. first time i have been happy about the qb position in a long long time.

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

cant believe this argument is still going on

for what???

Sanchez is done with the Jets, forever let it the hell go

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Everyone is definitive regarding their thoughts on what will happen. Didn't we had so many insiders on this board.

15. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Seriously :rolleyes:

16. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

... no. he's making 42 million over the next few years, theres no renegotiating that, not to be a backup.

its not worth it. in fact given his contract trading seems an unlikely prospect. if I'm the jets I'm releasing him and letting him take his career where it may as a courtesy.

let him find a job elsewhere, either as a backup or as veteran competition. he needs a change of location, I think he'd benefit from it, and I'd be happy for him if he does succeed elsewhere (as long as its not at the expense of the jets:wink:).

all this talk of what if sanchez didn't get hurt is pointless. maybe he might have been just as turnover prone as geno, its not like he doesn't have a history of it, or, maybe he's fixed and we're winning games geno screwed up in. doesn't matter, he got hurt and we're with Geno for now.

Sanchez is off the game plan, unfair or not its over with him and the jets. to think otherwise isn't reflective of reality. he'll get a shot elsewhere in some capacity, if he's lucky he'll get chance to start too, maybe Houston or st.louis, or maybe b backup Rodgers for the packers.

17. JStokes

Dude that is all well and good.

But there isn't an objective non-Sanchez hater that won't honestly admit deep down inside that after the third quarter of the Giants game that Sanchez wasn't the starter week 1.

Again, in retrospect that probably wouldn't have been in the best interests of the long term good of the franchise but not you or any other Sanchez hater can't truthfully deny it.

Bust my balls all you want and give me all the shit in the world.

Go back to August 24 at about 10:00 pm and after 3 INTs and an incomprehensible safety by Geno.

Sanchez was the week 1 starter.

Tell me I'm wrong.

_

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the problem is they dont base the depth chart one 3 quarters of one pre season game. they base it on the entire pre season, from the first day they report to rookie camp or otas or whatever their first day happens to be.

there is SO much more to it than 3 ints vs. the giants.

there is also the little matter of the fact that the jets probably realized that sanchez did not make financial sense after this season to keep.

and whatever the cs felt about each guy and his potential

so yes i will sit here and tell you that there was no guarantee that sancho was the day 1 starter at that time. he very well may have been, but none of us can guarantee it.

19. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You may not be wrong but you're not totally right. No one other then a select few within the Jets organization know who the starter was going to be. We can listen to heresay or assume all we want but no one really knows on here. Just let this thing die already. Sanchez is done with the team and idiots keep starting threads about him that only adds more drama.

20. JStokes

Obviously no one can guarantee anything.

But you and I both know, no matter HOW much you would have hated it, who the starter was week 1.

Prevaricate all you want, but you know.

_