All things Revis

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Revis about to be 0-7

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Schiano is now week to week and could get fired as early as tomorrow.

The new head coach will need as much time as possible to get things reconfigured and the Bucs are already past the bye so tomorrow is as good a day as any. That'll give the interim head coach 9 days to work with before his first game day.

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

There was a time that "Revis Zone" was trending on twitter tonight.

4. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Glennon with 51 pass attempts this game, holy moly.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I don't ever see Revis coming back.
    I can see the Bucs parting ways with him but I think he thinks he's been disrespected by the Jets and don't see him letting that go.

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

In case people want to know, if Revis is traded before the deadline the new team will get a 6.8 million dollar cap hit for this season. If I were the Broncos, I would consider trading for Revis since Champ Bailey is so ineffective and the Broncos rank dead last in Pass Defense.

#446 Diddy, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The glazers don't have a history of firing coaches mid season, and doing so this this season simply doesn't help them.

Having an interim do well and possibly earning the job is fools gold. The bucs need to clean house and start over next year, and having an interim have any type of success will only set them back. They need the high pick holding onto schiano guarantees.

But then again 0-7 can certainly leave them no choice but to break precedent.

8. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Billboards are going up in Tampa saying fire Schiano

[​IMG]

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

"@GilArciaPR
    Question: Does the team believe in the scheme/staff? Revis: I don't know"

:eek:hmy:

10. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Revis looked like Revis bucs just suck overall xd

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

This......

12. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I LOVE that Revi$ is getting what he wanted. 16M and 0 wins. The situation in TB could not be happening to a better person, this is what greed and "look at me" will get you. Would be even sweeter if Tone joined him next year in the same way.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

The guy is making 16 mil. You think he cares 0 wins? If someone gave me 16 mil, I wouldn't mind being the waterboy down the sidelines.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

+ they're cheap and won't want to pay 2 coaches this season...... you're correct in that their best bet is to let the shitshow continue, and that #1 or #2 pick will be more enticing to the next prospective GM/Coach that wants a shot to turn that mess around....... unless they truly worried about a totally EMPTY stadium by the end of the season (a VERY realistic possibility)

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well to put it in "common people" perspective, would you rather work at a job you HATED making 100,000 or somewhere you liked coming to work everyday for 75,000?

I know what I'd choose

16. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Revis was dogging it last night

Sure he broke up the pass plays, but he really backed off of every tackle he had a chance to make.

Did you see the "block" he allowed Ted Ginn (of all people) to put on him on the Newton TD. They replayed it and then focused with a close up on him, but the announcers didn't follow up with a comment

17. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Thats why I dont understand the no GNT $ in his contract? So he is wagering the 16M per he makes will keep him healthy. Problem is, he loses his nose for the ball and wont support the run the way he once did in fear of injury. So, he basically is a bad investment for ANY team as he is now just a cover corner...

So happy we got rid of this guy. He is proving that Rex made Revis, not the other way around...

18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

This is what I'm starting to think. I use to think Revis was a baller that just wanted to play. Now, I think he is a baller that just wants to get paid, and since getting paid minimizes his risk taking on the field. Anyway, it would have been cool if we found a way to work out a deal with him, but in the end everyone is happy.

Revis got paid, and we got a new beast in Sheldon.

19. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I'm getting worried that the Bus might cut him after the season if they bring in a new GM. That would be terrible for the jets, netting us a 4th next year instead of a 3rd.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

except he only gets paid year to year, and with his contract as high as it is he needs to earn it year to year to validate it and get paid.

had he signed a deal with huge guaranteed money, like Albert Haynesworth, you would be correct, but the contract he signed requires him to continue to play at a high level in order to maintain getting paid that amount.