Sanchez value, IF ONLY...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Oct 24, 2013.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I can say we'd be 0-7 with Sanchez. How can I prove that? I can say "that's what I believe". You say what you say knowing that it will start a "debate".

You "support Geno" yet you want to tell us where we'd be with Sanchez.

I was just joking. Btw they did get a stop.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

My argument is based in reality, if you say we'd be 0-7 there's nothing to support that. Even at our worst we were 6-10 last year and that was w/ the worst offensive talent in the league and tony Sparano.

3. BookEndTackles 72&79

Yeah, the dead money is paid but what's important is Sanchez' value going forward. The 9MIL in salary and and 2.5MIL roster/workout bonus he is due next year is NOT guaranteed. Jets will not pay that and he isn't getting anywhere close to that on the open market. Cutting him accelerates all previous bonuses to the 2014 cap and results in a 4.8MIL cap charge to have him off the roster.

If you want to keep him you restructure the contract which allows you to keep amortizing the remaining guaranteed money already paid out of 4.8MIL over the remaning 3 years of the deal. That amounts to a 1.6MIL cap charge for 2014. Now add in his salary for 2014 of which some team in the NFL would be willing to pay. The Jets can pay him up to 3.2MIL in salary to keep him on the roster without going over the 4.8MIL he would count in order to dump him outright. Would a team be willing to give Sanchez 3.2 MIL after a torn labrum missing a season and his previous body of work?? I don't think alot of teams would take that chance.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Best thing long term was Geno riding pine absorbing the difference between Airraid and NFL,And Sanchez playing, because in 2 years as his window was closing, we could have actually got something for Mark,, And Geno would have stepped in and elevated the offense.(see, trading patterns, NE Patriots)

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Sanchez, value is this....

Even if you can't negotiate him out of the 2 million $roster bonus,

By next year all the pieces are in place to go the distance.

Smith has a full year under his belt.

Let competition rule,

but have 2 guys in place so you don't get fucked by injury, because smith + sanchez in salary terms is manageable, IF you are serious about a VLT.

6. The 1985er

Saying we'd be 5-2 isn't based on reality because you can't prove it. That's something you think would happen, but it doesn't make it any more right or wrong than me saying we'd be 0-7.

Geno learned more by playing than he ever could sitting behind Sanchez.

7. nyjunc

It is based in reality, unfortunately we'll never know. I just want geno to keep improving.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Of course he won't get cut until after the playoffs. A playoff contender that trades for a QB mid-season is asking for a disaster and is better off going with the back-up who knows the system.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its like we just started an old argument in a new place.

there is no basis to saying he would be starting if he wasnt injured. there is no basis to saying we would be winning if he was starting. there is no basis to saying we wouldve done any of this that or the other. there is no basis to saying we wouldve won the first patriots game, unless he was going to go out there and catch the ball.

no basis whatsoever. and yes we would get less than nothing for him. EVERYONE knows he will be dismissed at the end of the year and with that dismissal goes 13 million dollars for next year. i cannot guarantee it but i just cant see anyone wanting to give something up for a guy who is owed 13 million.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

There absolutely IS a basis that he would have been the starter week 1. To deny that is just being delusional. Whether he would still be starting I agree with you--no basis one way or the other.

Concur--there is no basis one way or the other.

There is NO basis for this other than unadulterated hate for the guy.

We get it, he sucks and is the worst QB in the history of the league and you hate the guy.

Except Freeman got signed and STARTED and he's worse than Sanchez and teams are calling and are being called by guys out of the league for years. Cleveland and Minny would absolutely take Sanchez and I'm not so sure the Rams wouldn't either.

But I have no basis for that just like you have no basis for saying the opposite.

Other than you think the guys sucks and you hate him.

Which is okay--everyone has an opinion.

_

11. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

A second round pick for Sanchez is a pipe dream. Lucky to get a 5th.

12. JStokes

How do you prove or disprove an opinion?

Answer that or STFU, it's a damn internet message board.

BTW, there are folks out there that are of the opinion that Kate Upton is a fat pig. While I disagree, I can't disprove their opinion even though I disagree with it.

The internet is not serious business.

_

13. JStokes

This is funny, Junc says we'd be 5-2 and people are all SFTU and there is no basis blahblahblah.

Other folks say "we'd be 0-7 or 2-5" and other folks are like yeah, that sounds right, the basis is there.

It's all hypothetical bullshit so there is no basis one way or the other.

_

14. The 1985er

Who says anything about it not being an opinion? The point is and you probably missed it is that he's saying stuff like that in order to start a useless "debate" no one can prove what our record would be one way or the other. And I guess you missed his post when he said there is a basis for him believing we'd be 5-2.

15. The 1985er

Btw we all have opinions it doesn't mean that stupid shit should go unchecked because it's an "opinion".

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Jets would be 16-0 through 7 games of the season if Mark was the starter, and some team would trade 25 first round picks for him.

I think I covered the most asinine claims in the thread now, so can we please just move on.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez never goes 16-20 for 199 yds, 3 TD and 0 picks against the Falcons on the road allowing the Jets to scrape out a 2 point win. That just never happens. Nothing in Sanchez career says he could possibly have done that and it took every pass Geno completed in that game to get the win.

So that's 3-4 instead of 4-3.

You can look at the Bucs game at the start of the season and think that Sanchez might have pulled that one out and maybe that's right but again Geno did specific things in that game that Sanchez had no chance at all to do, starting with the 6 rushes for 47 yards and ending with the ability to face heavy pocket pressure without wilting.

I just don't see how the Jets have more than 2 wins tops with Sanchez playing instead of Geno. All of the wins were tight late because Geno did specific things that Sanchez hasn't showed us over the course of his 4 year career.

If this was 2010 then maybe the Jets win those tight games but Sanchez has been absolutely miserable in clutch situations since the jets talent went away. There's no reason to believe he'd suddenly have found it this year with talent dropouts still sitting all around the Jets offensive roster.

18. nyjunc

we probably don't win that Atl game w/ Mark but we probably win both NE games and have a chance to win against ten/Pitt which we didn't have a chance w/ Geno's rookie struggles.

He has played well at various times in the clutch as the talent went away-

2011 Dallas, at NE, SD, Buf, at Was
    2012 at Mia, at NE, at SL, at Jax

#118 nyjunc, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

My belief that we would have the same record or better has less to do with with what Mark Sanchez has shown in the past and more to with Sanchez having 4 years experience and my EXTREME confidence in MM getting the best possible play out of his QBs.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sadly, as long as Hairband is still on the roster, we ain't moving nowhere.. Folks just can't seem to let go JB.