Sanchez value, IF ONLY...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

OF course a less athletic QB with less accuracy and range would clearly give us more wins. It's obvious.:rolleyes:

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah I see Sanchez picking up that 14 yard 1st down against the Pats easily, he always was a beast running the ball. Not to mention the move for the TD.

Seriously, if Mark Sanchez was the Jets QB right now I give them 2-5 at the best.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

maybe we don't need those runs? If mark was our QB we'd probably be 5-2. We would have beaten NE in NE , had a chance to beat Ten, had a chance to beat NE at home. The only game where Geno was a main factor in us winning was at Atlanta- that one I don't know if we could have won w/ Mark.

4. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Well, in 3 of our wins Geno had to make plays to keep the game close or take the lead. The bucs game, the falcons game, and the patriots game. I doubt Sanchez would have been able to do that so we'd probably be 1-5 with Sanchez. Think about it.

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Hobbes, good to see you back.

Tampa Bay: does Mark get upfield far enough to draw that ill-advised flag and getting Folk within range?

The 1st NE game: "IF" NE's receivers held onto the ball, it's not 13-10....and on the other hand, "IF" Gates holds onto that TD pass...

Atlanta: Mark does not put up those passing stats let alone escape the pocket and scramble for 8 yards on that final FG-winning drive.

Tampa Bay & Atlanta. If you don't like Tampa Bay, ok, then take last week:
    Mark throws that pick-6 and it's sulk on the bench time. Smith to his credit buckled down and continued to ball.

Two less wins, two more losses: 2-5 imho.

6. nyjunc

yeah b/c mark never led late game drives to tie/win games:rolleyes:

Geno mistakes put us in position to need late drives to win the TB and NE games and we ran it late vs. NE. It wasn't the QB.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Hard to say one way or another. Just looking at these 2 guys, Geno is head and shoulders miles ahead of Sanchez. Better arm, better touch passer, much more accurate, drives the team down the field with his passes. Tougher in the pocket. More engaged on the sidelines which shows leadership and ownership of the team. Both are turnover machines. Sanchez has a career of it Geno is a rookie.

Sanchez is a Joey Harrington clone.

8. nyjunc

do we even need that penalty if mark is starting? probably not.

drops are part of the game, Geno had a lot of drops as did Brady but unfortunately NE didn't drop his 3 4th qtr INTs.

I don't think we win in Atlanta. I think we win the rest of the games we won and have chances to win at Ten and vs. Pitt which we didn't w/ Geno. at worst I think we'd be 5-2 right now.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

If you can't prove (with facts) that we'd have a better or worse record with Mark then stfu about it already.

10. nyjunc

minus all the reg season and postseason wins.

Do people understand how hard it is to win in this league? look at Eli(te:rofl:) Manning who has more talent now than mark has ever had and he's having a worse season than mark's lone bad season.

11. nyjunc

thank you for the great contribution to the thread.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes. sanchez doesn't throw three pics in FG range, with the game on the line in NE week 2 in a 3 pt game.not even a question.

13. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

That's better than you posting these comments then waiting for someone to take the bait.

It's the defense fault that we lost that game /junc

14. Hobbes3259

If Sanchez starts, here's the way it plays out.

We smoke Tampon Bay, and we win week two easily, instead of losing a 3 pt game.

And..given Sanchez's propensity for pulling a bad club, out of the bag, we probably split the Pitt/Tenn games. But its just as possible we dont, and take both.

Under this OC, and that is the salient point....we are 4/3 and needed help to get two of thos witha rookie QB, not a vet, returning to his college offense.

You really think Geno gets us where we are under Schotty?

Give Smith credit, he gets a little better each week...but don't pretend on the other hand that Sanchez can't leg it out. Go back and re read how they stopped him from doing it.

We have, for the first time in a long time, two very good QB's.

#94 Hobbes3259, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  15. nyjunc

There's no bait, you guys actually baited me but I will always post what I believe in. To pretend like the difference btw 2012 and 2013 is the QB couldn't be more laughable.

and I am fully supporting Geno and happy with him.

16. Hobbes3259

No, the OC should have played for three after the first INT. it was Smiths second game.

Now Last week OTOH, they couldn't get a stop in regulation.

When are you guys going to admit that there is something about this defense that plays big for 58 minutes, and wilts late? They did it again last week!

17. Hobbes3259

Thats the difference junc. Some of us are JETS fans.

Some are Smith fans.

Some hate Sanchez.

Yeah, MM isn't the difference, really!

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Hobbes some of us are making shit up. Take a look at your last two posts. Even fantasy football is based on something that actually happened.

19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

So your basically saying that a QB who turns the ball over often would be better than the Current QB turning the ball over...yeah, ok.

20. nyjunc

Mark at his worst never turned it over at the rate Geno has and I would expect a vet w/ a good OC and much better talent than last year to not turn it over as much.

I don't blame Geno, he wasn't ready and now he is starting to look like an NFL QB but we would have been better w/ Mark at least short term. Long term this may be the best thing for us as Mark wasn't in the plans.