Sanchez value, IF ONLY...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Oct 24, 2013.

1. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I'm kinda surprised you remember exactly how the Jets were positioned in 09...playing a dominant pass rush and running game while we had a rookie starting for us is HIS first post season game.

"3 home teams advance, and Fucking Jets"

That was Rex's locker room speech after spanking the Bengals. Glad you brought that up.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

nobody would trade for a rookie QB mid season who hasn't played a game, because the purpose of trading for a QB mid season is to try and salvage the season, and you aren't salvaging anything with a rookie QB who hasn't started and now has to learn your system.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

ding! ding! ding!

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

A 3 or lower would be a complete robbery for us and I would take it and run.

5. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Sanchez is a dick.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

can someone please explain to me what kind of a team would trade valuable draft picks for a middle of the road at best qb who is owed like 13 million dollars for next year?

i mean honestly? they would give us a pick for a guy who would be terribly overpaid next year. that just doesnt make good football sense to me.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Any trade for Sanchez would most certainly involve a re-do of his 2014 contract with the new team.

If Mark were healthy and agreed to a trade with say the Texans, he could re-do his 2014 contract to make it a 3-yr contract worth anything the Texans are willing to pay.

Kind of like Revis going to Tampa.

8. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Take off your homer goggles. We all had 4 years to witness this guy. Theres a reason his numbers were bottom of the league...

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I don't have Homer glasses on. I just don't understand how anyone can continue to say that as if it's a fact.

Sanchez was poorly managed by the brain dead jets and has talent. Every other team in this league knows this and will most likely take a shot on him when he's healthy.

His evaluation f ups with the jets will count as little as any real organization will know how to improve him.

I will not continue any further as this has been discussed already in a once famous thread.

Sent from my LG Optimus F3

#49 mute, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  10. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

"I'm losing an argument...Uhmmm... Buttfumble!

Sure showed him!"

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think the number of teams looking for a guy who can come in and help them AND want to invest the next 3 years in him for what would probably be 15 to 18 million would be fairly few and far between.

fat man is correct that he will get picked up, after he gets cut so they can give him 6 million for 3 years and see if he is salvageable.

12. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Sanchez is dog shit. No team would trade anything for him even if he wasn't making insane money, which he is. If he is very lucky he will sign somewhere next year for the league minimum to ride the bench.

13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I can see a fifth found pick at best. If he had been decent in exhibition and was healthy that's one thing? But he still has a load of personal and professional issues, teams know that.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sanchez has just enough positives (most productive rookie QB in NFL history, 4 playoff wins, 2 AFCCGs, blah blah blah) that a lot of fan bases that have never tasted success, playoffs, etc will easily convince themselves that Sanchez can be their savior...kind of like a lot of TGG'ers did pre-Geno.

Heck, sports talk radio had Viking fans calling in last week thanking God they finally had their young franchise QB (of course that was before Freeman's stellar performance against the winless G-girls).

The same will happen with Sanchez....he has more 'accomplishments' for a GM to point to than any other scrub QB looking for a job, and that will be huge. Having a glowing resume (resumes don't mention buttfumbles) will go a long way propelling Mark into a new STARTING QB job.

If Sanchez had played for another team including his early success, and if the Jets hadn't won shit in the last 10 years (don't even mention playoffs) he would be an easy sell to TGG and the rest of the fan base.

15. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Sanchez would definitely catch on in St Louis. They're starting one of the few QBs in the league unquestionably worse than he is.

16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

It can be argued that MM was our best off-season acquisition and that Geno's success is directly attributable to MM and his scheme. I've posted before how Michael Vick's CMP% jumped nearly 10 points under MM. MM is gone and Vick's CMP% is back in the low 50s this year. I expected big things from Sanchez this season as I felt this offense suited him perfectly. I know he loves MM and the scheme; it's the offense he played in college. Imagine if you will MM is offered a HC as a result of his work with Geno (i.e., Minny) then brings in Mark as his QB after we cut him. Mark goes on to have a great year and Geno regresses w/o MM in the fold. This is a not so unlikely scenario that I haven't heard discussed much on this site. As much as I would love to read the postings from Sanchez haters if this was to happen, as a Jets fan I pray it does not.

17. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

He is and always will be a serviceable QB in this league. That being said when the going gets tough he will not be the 1 to step up and win games on his own. He will have a job somewhere next season but he will never have that "it" factor that all NFL teams hope for in a NFL QB.

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez will get a shot as a backup once we cut him. I don't see any team trading for him if he was healthy.

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

The Buttfumble says hi.

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Awesome post

Sent from my LG Optimus F3