way to have our back Keyshawn!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 88toon, Oct 24, 2013.

1. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

last week Key was the only person on the ESPN list to have us beating the Pats. This week one of two.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

Means absolutely nothing just find it entertaining.

"Way to have our back Keyshawn!"
    -B. Scott

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Honestly, the Jets play better when they are picked to fail. When they are picked to win, they fold more often than not.

3. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I agree. Actually hate when we are expected to win. I also, for some odd reason, like that this game is on the road after the NE game. I like the us against the world mentality going to Cinci this weekend. I am more confident then if they were playing at home. Call me crazy but......

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I started to like Keyshawn after he chased Justin Beiber car with a Prius, way to have our back Keyshawn!

5. Capt. Ace Nick

I have to agree that the Bengals are going to win because we lose on even weeks and win on odd weeks. Maybe we are looking at an 8-8 season this year even though the last 5 weeks look sorta promising.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

oh yeah that makes sense guess we shouldn't even play its an even week.

7. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

We haven't got the majority of picks any week this far. The only guy that picks us on a consistent bases is Keyshawn. Thanks for having our back Key!! :metal:

8. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

We were picked against Pitt..
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks/_/week/6

I'd have more faith in us winning in weeks when all the ESPN "experts" pick the other team. Ever since Rex took over this team, this team plays better when pissed off. 2010 playoffs in NE is a prime example...

"Way to have our back Keyshawn!"

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You're not one of those guys are you? :grin:

There is nothing metaphysically that effects us winning or losing, not what fans think or what the experts think or any of that. It's the play on the field. not the narrative leading up to it.

Next you'll say we as fans can't look past this game because that's how the Jets will lose :rofl:

_

10. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Players have been known to post negative quotes and predictions of them losing in the team locker room. Even Rex admitted to using the #32 ESPN ranking as motivation for our team.

11. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

Anybody can be BEAT!

12. SecondHandJets

The vibe going into the Steelers game was awful. We were coming off a short week, they had a bye. They were desperate for a win, everyone was talking Jets playoffs. It just felt off. This week feels different. We were down 21-10 against the mighty Rats and won in style, but the only thing that everyone talks about is that penalty as if it's a foregone conclusion that had we let Brady back on the field we would've definitely lost. I think that is a slight against us, especially the defense.

On the flip side I think Cincy is incredibly over rated. They have Green, who is a monster but a bunch of question marks around him. Dalton is a statue in the pocket. Their running game is nothing spectacular. On the other side of the ball, their defense is getting a lot of love but their stats don't pass the eyeball test. Their run defense is above average, but then look who they faced: McGahee on his first week back in the NFL for the Browns. The Steelers without a RB in Week 2. They gave up over 100 yards to Jonathan Franklin (he's on GB, he's the other rookie RB). Their pass defense is going to take a hit without Hall... and it showed up last weekend when they gave up something like 12 of 19 on 3rd downs.

The game plan should be similar to the Pats. Bend but don't break on Green, put hands on Dalton and feed Ivory and when Ivory gets tired, feed Powell.

Edit: Way to have our back Keyshawn!

#12 SecondHandJets, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  13. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Every post in this thread needs to end in "Way to have our back Keyshawn!"

Just kidding. I agree with you. Short week for a rookie usually spells bad game. Plus Steelers coming off a BYE. I think we can really confuse Dalton and force some turnovers. I just hope we can score some points. I think 24 points wins this game.

Way to have our back Keyshwan!

14. SecondHandJets

Who the hell is Keyshwan?

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

so you actually think there is some cosmic force that when favored to win effects how the team performs?

and when the team is not favored in turn helps the team perform better?

or, more likely, you are simply being insecure?

16. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Yeah its called ego and pride

You think being called a lost cause or a long shot doesn't motivate players to play better dig deeper and give a little extra?

17. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

No, once the game kicks off and you take that first hit all that narrative underdog shit goes right out the window. Makes for nice media filler during the week though.

18. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Only 1 known person in this world named Keyshawn....

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Are you serious?

Of course it motivates players to do better.

Just ask Tom Jackson...and he's a super-duper professional type analyst and ex-player.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Tom-Jackson-insists-he-picked-Pats-because-it-d-?urn=nfl-309643

20. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Um, how the f would you know?

Most NFL players say it certainly makes a difference.