Sanchez value, IF ONLY...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think Houston would be the perfect fit for him, heavy Play Action Pass Offense with his skillset would be great. I think Kubiak will see him as a Jake Plummer.

2. skoobz2001

skoobz2001 Active Member

Arizona should get Matt Leinart to backup Carson Palmer, and Sanchez to back up Leinart. Complete the circle.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You know what, that's a good point. With Arian Foster and Andre Johnson, and I can't imagine what's gone on there that they aren't going to try to move Schaub in the offseason.

Too much hate.

_

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If Mark did not get hurt, the Jets may be getting some calls on Geno Smith, but they obviously would not trade their 2nd round QB they just drafted. Unless of course, Mark was playing so well, they felt Geno could be moved, but I doubt that would have happened.

5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

How the hell do people come up with this. How the hell do you know he's peaked and that he can't go any further? It's fortune cookie post like this that drive me crazy.

Sent from my LG Optimus F3

#25 mute, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  6. BookEndTackles 72&79

Sanchez could have a financial reason to stay with the Jets. Sanchez only real leverage would be the amount of dead money charged against the Jets cap next year which is 4.8MIL if cut. He isn't getting anywhere near 4.8MIL on a new deal anywhere else. Sanchez could even stay for less if he wanted to restructure. Idzik restructured Santonio and Goodson in similar manners so there is precedent.

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Any team trading for Mark would have to take his 2013 salary which as we know is ridiculous. He is still on a contract even though they can cut him next year with not that much of a cap hit and I think little guaranteed money still on the books. The guys being signed are going for small salaries only Freeman only got 3 mil (which is actually a lot). I really don't think they would have unloaded him.

8. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

Jeez, you kidding? Nobody is giving up dick for him to Butt Fumble for their team!

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Your team would love him, maybe you'd actually win a playoff game.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah...they better be real friendly.

Anybody who thinks that the Jets would be better off with Sanchez starting is delusional at this point.

The best coaching decision Rex made this season was sticking Sanchez in to "win" that pre-season game and thereby ending the "qb competition".

I don't know what games you guys have been watching lately, but there's an actual quarterback playing for the NY Jets for the 1st time in years.

Feels pretty good, don't it?

11. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

Matt Ryan just won his first playoff game last year after 4 or 5 tries, guess the Falcons probably want butt fumble too! Maybe if we give you a first rounder or two we can outbid them *fingers crossed*

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Sanchez has no financial reason to stay because of dead money.The 4.8 million in dead money is irrelevant as it has already been paid. Whatever Sanchez earns next year with the Jets or someone else will be what he earns next year. Dead money paid over the prior 5 years has no effect upon what he will earn in subsequent years.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

If we had a healthy Sanchez who wasn't starting, I don't think we could get much for him. That contract is too large to take a flyer on a QB for the rest of the season.

If Sanchez was cut from the team, then I see a couple teams taking a chance on him to finish out the rest of the season. But he wasn't cut and has that big salary so I don't see him having much value in a trade

14. nyjunc

Matt Ryan is a choker too but he gets his teams 1 seeds. You guys lost in the WC rd to the Texans :rofl::rofl:

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Very few decent offers would come in for him. These teams have scouting departments, they all watched Sanchez play over the course of 4 years in the NFL. He's marginal at best. Then throw in his contract on top of that. With that said the Jets could of definitely dealt him to a team this year with all the injuries, but not for any type of significant value in my opinion. Probably a 5th rounder at best.

The truth is Sanchez will get another shot in this league at some point, but he's going to have to sign with a team and be a backup first. Unless of course a team like SL, who he has connections with decides to make him their guy.

16. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

The higher seeded team playing at home with a dominant pass rush and running game against a rookie and then second year quarterback? Yeah, that's really shameful considering we weren't considered by many the worst team in the NFL or anything going into his rookie year.

17. nyjunc

Houston has never won a playoff game against any other team besides Cincy. They weren't even competitive in their other 2 playoff games just like Cincy wasn't competitive against Houston.

In 2 postseason games Dalton has 4 INTs and ZERO TDs leading his O to 8 PPG. In 6 playoff games Mark has 9 TDs and 3 INTs leading his O to 20 PPG w/ LESS talent around him.

18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

we would not be offered anything but sympathy if he was healthy.

19. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

Difference is Dalton doesn't butt fumble

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Get 'em, Junc!