Sanchez value, IF ONLY...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LogeSection2RowJ, Oct 24, 2013.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I have to give Francesa credit for this, but it was a good point.

With all the QB's going down in the league, imagine what offers Idzik could be getting for Sanchez right now if he was healthy? Purely hypothetical, but what needy team to you think would have inquired, and what might the offer back have been?

The Rams make sense because of Schotty. In fact, it still might next season.

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I always thought Sanchez was better than Bradford

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We could get a 2nd round pick in an instant. There are GMs and coaches fighting for there lives right now and if a 2nd round pick could save em they will try it.

A lot of jobs around the league right now. Sanchez has a half decent resume' to. Some of these guys have never done anything. The Vikings would kill for Sanchez right now.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'd have to say if healthy, perhaps a third round DP AND us eating a significant part of Hairband's contract.

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk 2

#4 Cman68, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The problem is he'd be playing for us right now if he didn't get hurt so we wouldn't be trading him. if his injury was a 2-3 week injury then we'd be able to get something for him. SL will be a perfect spot for him, they have a really good D and obviously he is very comfortable in that offense and they have some weapons.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't think the Jets would be getting offers. The contract is just too much for the next couple of seasons. Sanchez may well get signed if he is released by the Jets but the deal will be $2M a year or so.

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Even with all the QBs that are going down, Sanchez has been one of the worst in the league for awhile. No team would want him as their starting QB since they have already seen him peak and know his ceiling. Im sure he may land as a backup somewhere but as a starter? Get real people!

8. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Bradford's stats have been a lot better, especially last year and this year before he got injured. I think Bradford is going to be the Rams' QB next year after he recovers from ACL surgery.

Sanchez is better than at least 75% of backup QBs, but so far in his career he has not been starter quality. Tim Tebow, on the other hand, is simply not good enough to be an NFL QB which is why he hasn't gotten a backup QB job.

What makes Sanchez so appealing as a backup QB is his 4 road playoff wins and his 4 years of starting experience, which the Matt Leinarts of the world do not. And he's had some good playoff performances. On the other hand, he throws a lot of picks and isn't very accurate, so you can't really expect him to win on a consistent basis unless the rest of the team is stacked.

With all the QB injuries, backups will probably become a more valuable commodity, and it will be interesting to see whether the Jets trade Sanchez, release him, or if he will take a pay cut and accept a backup role for 2014 (unlikely). I could see a team giving up a 5th or a 6th for Sanchez- I don't think anyone will say "okay, let's build our team around him" but they might want him for a QB competition or as added depth.

9. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

Does Sanchez even want to play? After last season he strikes me as the guy who doesn't like playing Nfl football

10. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

He definitely does want to play, but his confidence is gone. I think that's always been one of the things he's struggled with. And even if he stopped liking the game that much, at this point in his life he can earn $10 - $25 million over the next 5 - 10 years as a backup QB, and not get beat up- so even if he didn't love it he has strong financial incentives to stay with it as long as he can.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

what are you basing this on? mark may have average skill but i have never heard his desire or work ethic get called into question

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

LOL. The guy did everything he could to get on the field this year and pushed off surgery just on the chance that he could play.

But he doesn't like playing NFL football anymore.

Jet fans are the suck.

Mods, please change the title to "Sanchez sucks just sucks part 2".

_

13. JStokes

It's called "hate".

_

14. JStokes

It would still be a tough trade--all of his $$ would get accelerated immediately and the trading partner would need to have sufficient cap room.

Can't imagine getting a 2 for him but a 3 wouldn't be outlandish.

I also don't think he has any interest for playing for Schotty--not that it would be his choice but I think him seeing what a guy like MM can do for QBs, you have to figure once he gets waived this offseason I would think he'd look for a very QB friendly OC and QB coach.

_

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We would be lucky to get a 4th and then only from a team with a real shot to make the playoffs. They know he would be cut in a few weeks and then there is the contract. The whole point is moot because of the cap hit the Jets would take to trade him now. A hit they probably couldn't fit anyway.

16. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Ive been one of the most critic of Sanchez but only skillwise, his work ethic is on point along with his personality and big team guy to have around. His progress didnt show as a NFL player, but Sanchez is a great person, i can be wrong but he seems to be, and seems to me he worked hard in the years he spended here.
    Again just cuz i dont like the player doesnt mean i didnt like the person.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I think he will move on to find moderate success elsewhere. I bet Houston wishes they had him right now. lol

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He was never going to play for us again.

19. JStokes

If he didn't get hurt?

LOL.

_

20. JStokes

I could see him in Arizona.

Having said that, anyone that needs a QB will have a passel to choose from this year.

_