All things Revis

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Mr. Green Pants

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Welcome to the tail wagging the dog, and the Bucs are a real dog this year.

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Some of those comments are great :smile:

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Just goes to show how meaningless a single CB is to a team. They don't win games and they don't lose games and they certainly don't deserve to be paid 16 million dollars. That will probably go down as one of the worst traded in history(for them).

6. stinkyB

No, the trade is potentially a good thing for them (a 1st and a 3rd for the BEST CB in the game)........ the contract they gave him on the other hand.......

7. Don

They got him thinking he would be the difference in getting them to the superbowl and instead they are 0-6 or 0-7 or whatever they are, they have cut their QB and are in the hunt for the number 1 pick in the draft. You don't give up a 1st and a 3rd to get to that spot AND pay them 16 million a year(of course they will probably cut him with the way this is going now, if not after this year after next for sure).

8. stinkyB

They got him because they had the WORST attendance in the league last year paired with the worst pass defense. Adding a star that fills a need seemed like good business.......

Their coaching staff sucks balls and is forcing a square peg into a round hole..... among other issues

but I agree that this is not working out for them, and I wouldn't be surprised if they cut bait before the draft..... keeping the 3rd rd pick in the process.

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Well, we will see if Revis is being misused tonight, wonder if the Bucs fans will Boo if they see Revis in Zone Coverage?

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

They're not allowed to do that. Its basically collusion. correct me if I'm wrong.

11. stinkyB

Why? If they realize that having 16m in cap space and a 3rd rd draft pick is more valuable than Revis, why wouldn't they cut him? He's a great player, but if a new GM comes in, I see him getting the boot, or some kind of contract renegotiation. They have no guaranteed $ tied to him.

Fairy Tale scenario:
    Bucs release him, agent shops him for the highest bidder, but no one comes close to their ridiculous contract demands so he settles for "fair market value" back with the team where he had the most success and notoriety, realizing dollars to dollars, he can make more off the field with his brand back in NYC, with Rex's Defense :drunk:

12. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

I would love Revis back with a smaller contract ofc, i miss them shutdowns on top receivers.

13. Don

Which top receiver burned us this year again?

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

No that is not collusion. Collusion is when two teams collude to effect the market. A team cutting a player isn't colluding with anyone else. A single team inherently cannot collude.

Now if they cut revis and then resigned him then the league could contend those two colluded to keep the jets from receiving the pick that was agreed to.

But why would revis agree to be cut and resign with them for less money? That option is a 99% guarantee not to happen.

15. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

You cant say our secondary looks better without him dude not to mention that steelers touchdown ( not mocking on cro tho)

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I feel so bad for him. he didn't want to leave this team, Woody wouldn't pay him. but it's hard to side with Revis when he kept holding out.

he goes to a team who doesn't know how to use him. I hope he's a Jet again in a year or two.

17. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

I bet he's watching our games and telling himself we would be that much better if he was around (although we wouldn't have got Sheldon unless we picked him over millner)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

18. stinkyB

Vincent Jackson? the only one they've faced

19. stinkyB

Phuck that...... he chased the dollars, reap what you sow.

GREAT player and I wish he was still on this team, but I don't feel BAD for a dude making 16mil to play for a shitty team.

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Revis, did this to himself and Holmes contract is to blame as well. I would have straight up given Holmes contract to Revis, including what ever Revis would have made for the year (Holmes has been instrumental in one game at least). Not sure how Revis can remain on "Hall of Fame path" if he doesn't make some big time plays, or play on teams that make post season runs?

Also, not sure if Hall of Fame matters to him?