2013 week 8 - NY Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Our base defense is "3-4", but you are going to see alot of shit you have never seen before on Sunday.

2. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Listen Pal, don’t come on an opposing teams site and talk shit. You may get punched, even if you are a girl, Jets fans don’t care!

In all seriousness, the Bengals do have some real talent on both sides of the ball. What the Jets need to do is Stop AJ Green and let Sanu, Gresh, and Eifert beat them. Bottle up Geo (Demario Davis should be up to the challenge).

Atkins will be held in check by Colon and Thor, it Harrison and the backers I’m more concerned about. If Holmes plays it obviously a big plus for the Jets. Close Game, 24-21 Jets.

3. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

For what its worth, I'm only talking shit to the delusional fans expecting the Jets to blow us out :grin:

AJ will get his, he's finally gotten out of his funk and has been nothing short of great lately. The great thing about recent weeks is that our fastest receiver, Marvin Jones, has been playing out of his mind good. Obviously, you've gotta worry about the Tight Ends and Sanu doing his thing. Unfortunately Andrew Hawkins isn't back yet, but Sanz has been doing well in his absence. Gio will most likely be contained in the running game, but catching out of the backfield he's already one of the best in the league. Dude will exploit even the smallest of gaps. Ask Kiko about that.

If the Jets double Geno (more like when, as every team has done it so far), Dunlap and MJ will go off. Dunlap has been an animal this season, and MJ, even though he struggled last week coming off a concussion, has been stellar. We don't usually send any linebackers at the QB (outside of the occasional Harrison) because they get to the QB with 4 guys most of the time. Watch for Reggie on the safety blitz too, his hit on Stafford to force the punt back to us for the winning drive was huge.

It will be a good game, I'm excited. :metal:

#43 WHODEY, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Yep I'm sure it will be a good game, even better when the Jets take it :wink:

Early on in the season our O line was dire and progressively getting worse, but sine the introduction of LG Brian Winters are now playing with confidence and looking much much better.
    This team of ours is on the ascendency, like yours and there are some good match ups all over the field. I would add that if your front 4 are too aggressive in going after Geno, they could get burnt with his mobility, your LBs ain't covering too far away :wink:
    Close game and I hope we edge it

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

We play multiple fronts. When Wilkerson plays DE is usually in our 3-4 front. When we play a 4-3 front he plays mostly DT and on occasion DE. Most of his sacks are coming through the interior of the line just like Atkins. This year he is on pace for 14-16 sacks this season compared to Atkins 9-10. While the Harrison comparison is ridiculous, the Richardson comparison is not. Richardson is just a half a sack short of Atkins' rookie season total. The undisputed best DT is the league is JJ Watt followed by Big Mo, they are DEs in name only because they play the 3-4.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

7. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

I would agree with you on Geno scrambling, that's the big thing that worries me about your offense. The Bengals always struggle against mobile guys. Hence Thad Lewis last week. What they did at the end of the game with a revitalized Taylor Mays playing nickle backer and shadowing the QB will probably be used relatively often. The QB battle will be interesting. As much as the media loves to bash Dalton, the dude has done nothing but produce. He's got a QB rating of 94 which is top 10 I believe, and has looked much, much better throwing with pressure in his face the last couple of weeks. All he did yesterday is throw for almost 400 yards, 3 TDs and no picks, yet I see an NFL.com article saying they won in spite of him. Kinda getting ridiculous. In your guys case, I'm sure its nice just not having Butt Fumble taking snaps :grin: But from what I saw from Geno in the two Jets games I watched (ATL and PIT) its looked like a mixed bag. Still, he's good enough to get the job done if he plays to potential considering how well your D has played.

8. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

Almost nobody outside of the Jets fanbase thinks Wilkerson is better than Atkins. Atkins didn't start his rookie season, so that explains his lack of production then, though it hardly matters. Remember he was a 4th RD pick, he had to earn his chance. He played roughly 25 percent of snaps. But back to the point, right now Richardson has more sacks. Great, but watch a Bengals game before you make assumptions. Geno commands the double every down he's out there and still produces, plus he makes Dunlap and MJ's jobs easier. But I can understand homerism, everybody does it. :grin:

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Bengals play very well at home and shaky on the road. If Geno is mistake free and we contain AJ Green, we will win. But I doubt it. Bengals are very good at home.

10. legler82

I agree; 2 pretty good defenses but ours is better. We best them in all major defensive categories except for point per game which we all know includes points given when the defense is not even on the field.

Rushing Yards per Game
    Jets 77.7 (#2) > Bengals 97.9 (#8)

Rushing Yards per Attempts
    Jets 3.1 (#1) > Bengals 3.8 (#13)

Passing Yards per Game
    Jets 224.9 (#10) > Bengals 236.4 (#13)

Passing Yards per Attempts
    Jets 6.4 (#3) > Bengals 6.5 (#5)

Total Yards per Game
    Jets 302.6 (#4) > Bengals 334.3 (#9)

Total Yards per Attempts
    Jets 6.4 (#3) > Bengals 6.5 (#5)

Sacks
    Jets 24 (#3) > Bengals 18 (#16)

1st Downs per Game
    Jets 17 (#4) > Bengals 19 (#11)

3rd Down %
    Jets 34 (#4) > Bengals 42 (#26)

Points per Game
    Jets 23.1 (#19) < Bengals 19.3 (#7)

11. legler82

Like you are doing right now?

:grin:

12. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

I did say everybody, didn't I? Regardless, I'm not being a homer in this instance. Find one expert that ranks Wilkerson over Geno.

13. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

Luckily for the Bengals, PPG is the only stat that really matters.

14. kerley11

kerley11 Member

Bengals LBs have been terrible in coverage and their safeties are going to have new responsibility with Hall out. I expect Kerley to have another good game playing out of the slot, and I can see Cumberland causing them trouble as well. If Holmes plays, I think the jets will be able to be able to move the ball consistently. Pass to set up the run in this one.

15. lamont_jordan_rules

welcome to the board Whodey. i like hearing from opposing fans. what would you say are the best/worst parts of your offense & defense? what are you most concerned about & what are you most excited about regarding your team heading into Sunday? What Bengals board(s) do you belong to and recommend we come chime in on?

16. WHODEY

WHODEY Banned

That's just not true, and Hall was out during the Pats game and the Bengals held them to six points. Burfict and Mays (nickle LB) have been more than solid in coverage. TE's used to light the Bengals up, but they are much improved in that aspect this season. Hall is good, but he's replaceable. Dre Kirkpatrick looked good in his time out there yesterday, and Mays did a great job on Fauria who is way more dangerous than Cumberland. The Jets have a Megatron, so I'm not worried about the corners too much.

17. legler82

I don't need experts; I'm going by the eye test. IMO the best interior defensive linemen THIS YEAR have been Watt and Wilkerson. The beauty of this is that on Sunday we both will get a chance to see each other's point of view. I really like my odds.

18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

19. Soul Rebel 212

Looked good this week against one of the premier AFC teams....let's see if we can continue it against a young QB that is coming off a hot week.

20. impure

impure Well-Known Member

......Your Geno is not a Quarterback.......so that argument does nothing, because our Geno is 1000000000x better than your Geno at QB :drunk: