2013 week 7 - N.E. Patriots @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 13, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it was last year and there may not have been as many but it was close. The NY area has a large Steeler bandwagon population.

2. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

All i know is, aside from the play of both teams, if there's as many Patriot fans this game as there were Steeler fans last Sunday, we have no chance. Rex is right. I was at the Steelers game and it was ridiculous to see how little noise we were making and how much noise they were making considering they were away.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

There will be a lot of Pats fans(there are a lot of opposing fans every week now- it's almost like we are Miami) but nowhere near as much as Steeler fans.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

and we should be 1-5 :rofl2: Call it like it is. Our only overall good team performance was against Atl.

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Jets | Joshua Cribbs works with returners
    Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:13:48 -0700

New York Jets WR Joshua Cribbs worked as a kick and punt returner during practice Wednesday, Oct. 16. He also participated in wide receiver drills.

6. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

With the amount of parity in the league you could almost go down every single teams W-L record and say they could've just as easily lost every single game that they won and vice versa.

And I'm sure that you weren't insinuating this, but I'm not throwing back any wins. Good, bad, ugly or pretty - all that matters is W's...

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The Steelers played well, no doubt. But before the game all everyone said was "if we take care of business" or something similar we would win. It's the same strategy every game with a rookie QB, don't turn it over, get TDs instead of FGS, don't let up big plays. THat's the recipe to success for our team.

8. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

Seriously last week wasn't even a home game

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I arrived home late to watch the 4th Q and had to double check to see where the game was. Sh!t was crazy as I thought the game was in Pit.

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Exactly. These game threads are almost pointless because it's gonna be the same every week.

11. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Buffalo?

filler

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, we could go through our games and argue 5-1. If Geno didn't throw a couple bad INTs against NE, if Gates caught a catchable TD pass in NE, if Geno hits Hill for a TD against PITT, if CRO doesn't get burnt, etc etc. We are what our record says though, a .500 team that shows flashes of brilliance and flashes of 0-6 type play

Well opposing teams strategies will differ, so will our defensive strategies against them. Offensively, there will be differences, btu the main point remains, don't turn it over, score TDs in the RZ because we might not get many chances. This is actually why I would like Rex to go for it if we get a 4th and 1 or something in the RZ. Points are good, 7 points is better plus, it's good field position if you don't get it.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

In what world should we have lost to the Bills. We outplayed them completely on both sides of the ball. A ton of penalties kept them in it but we were clearly the better team.

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

15. DanR

DanR Active Member

I have the Patriots winning this game. Because Jets games are usually close. And to win close games, having a great QB and coaching staff is vital.

Patriots injuries are irrelevant. A team's mental focus and resolve is what matters. And this is where Patriots outshine the Jets.

#175 DanR, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Jets win 24-21. Game winning field goal wins the game.

17. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

Despite the probability that Brady is going to kill us (as usual) and because how badly the team as a whole did last week, I'm oddly confident about this game. I think we look like a completely different team than the one we saw against the Steelers. We're gonna rattle Brady, and finally get some turnovers.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Crowd really shit the bed last week. Need a much better showing out of them to help rattle Brady.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Last week I said they lose to Pitt, then probably beat NE...... I'm sticking by it.
    Time to let the big dogs off the leash..... pressure up the middle, get to marsha early & Walls on the slot / quick slant WR.
    A good dose of Colin Powell up the middle where Wilfork normally plugs, to keep Brady off the field. Let Geno take a few deep shots to keep their safeties in check, but otherwise try to limit turnover chances.
    20-17 JETS

*if Powell is healthy / good-to-go, and Geno takes care of the ball otherwise this may get ugly

:jets:

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Everywhere has a large steeler bandwagon population. They fill opposing stadiums up every week.

Met Life was pretty embarrassing last week though even still. Combine the bandwagon steeler fan with an organization that routinely prices out the real fans and you get what we saw last week. I'm sure Woody didn't care though, his stadium was full whether they were waving green or piss yellow towels. He probably didn't even notice