2013 week 7 - N.E. Patriots @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 13, 2013.

1. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

It's pathetic how negative people are on here. I expect the Jets to win this game. The Patriots are way more banged up than we are and we should be able to get the running game going without Wilfork.

2. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

Agreed. I'm tired of the inferiority complex. There's a difference between realistic and negative. We're better at the line of scrimmage. Both teams have several injuries. We can certainly win the game. We're at home. If we take care of business it sets us up to be in the playoff hunt.

3. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I'm still not sure about the running game. The two things are that MM seems to not love it, and that you can single cover our WR without really struggling, so you can concentrate more on the running game. We also don't have a game breaking back with Goodson out.

That's why people are not on high hopes heading into the game. If we took care of business last week, we would have won. If we took care of business in all 3 of losses we would have won. That's life with a rookie QB and inconsistent offensive players with some of them hurt. The if we take care of business sounds great, but we are only batting .500 doing it.

EDIT: I still can't get over how bad we are in game 2s vs NE under Rex. I want to believe it's just bad timing/circumstance, but it's happened 4 straight years. Hopefully the Jets can shake the trend, but I would still favor the Pats going into the game over the Jets. Right now on Yahoo NE is 4 points favorites which I think is accurate representation of the teams heading into the game.

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Really? Nothing to do with the Steelers having a better game plan than us and playing better than us then?

Hey I know we played badly, but give the Steelers some credit

6. gustoonarmy

Better turn up and get behind the team then :jets:

:pats_suck:

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Mayo had surgery and is possibly done for the season

8. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Football is all about matchups...there are some teams we match up well against and others we don't...New England has small quick receivers..cromartie can cover big physical guys but he is horrible against smaller quicker wideouts as was the case vs Pittsburgh where he got abused...losing speed pass rushing like Barnes hurts because now Brady will have an extra second to throw the ball and that's all he needs. Pittsburgh was able to neutralize our front 7 by screens and quick passes and not only New England but other nfl teams will do the same against our defense because our secondary is weak....yes the patriots have a lot of injuries especially on the defensive side of the ball however offensive we do not have the playmakers at the wideout position to take advantage. Belicheck isn't dumb, he will make an effort to stop the run and force us to throw...and we simply don't have the talent on the outside to gain separation in pass coverage...even if we play turnover free the offense needs to put touchdowns and not field goals as shown against Pitt where really the game was decided on the td to Emmanuel sanders. So despite all of new England's injuries don't forget we are just as banged up and they have a better coach and a better qb and that's really all that matters...everyone is high if you think we are gonna win this game

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If Talib is out their 2ndary takes a HUGE hit. Talib single handily stopped Jimmy Graham. Other than him, it seems they have just a bunch of JAGs at the CB position.

10. gustoonarmy

See, even the Pats sign scrubs :gpc:

11. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I'm tired of seeing Gaydy and the Hoody coming in here and winning

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

There were too many Steelers fans in attendance on Sunday.

Crowd does need to be pro-Jet, Rex is right about that.

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

if pats wrs start catching balls the game will be over early.

time and time again brady has shown it really doesn't matter if key players go down.

give him the ball,let the wrs do their thing and they win.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we are great in game 3's though:grin:

On the reg season rematches, those games have always been late in the season when NE is clicking, they always get better in Nov/Dec.

2009 played in late Nov
    2010 in Dec
    2011 in mid Nov
    2012 late Nov

Hopefully the rematch in mid October will go better for us

15. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

These guys have NO fucking business being 5-1. NONE. They should be 2-3. They're NOT that good. AT ALL. I don't expect us to win, but we SHOULD win, because those fuckers OWE us. Yeah, I'm emphasizing words with caps. SUE me.

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

NO ? about it.....

i cant recall the last time the steelers ccame to NJ to play the giants but i BET the place wasn't nearly as diluted as we saw last sunday.

its BS.

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Not entirely true. Losing Gronk and Hernandez has affected them a lot. You cant make shit receivers make plays. You can put the ball in the right place but its obvious their offense hasnt been as good this year. They are winning because their defense is playing so much better and Talib and Mayo are a big part of that. Not to mention Wilfork. The injuries for NE are pretty damaging.

18. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

38-10 pats :pats_suck:

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I remember being in utter disbelief when I heard loud booing after a call went against the Steelers. I thought to myself is this game in Pittsburgh or NJ?

20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Yep, it was pathetic. But that's what you get when you have (unjustifiably) the highest ticket prices in the NFL. The true fans can't afford it and its all companies/ half-assed fans buying tickets.