The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Yes, it is your opinion. Fortunately you're not the only one who watches the game. By the way, if Sanchez was remotely an adequate player he'd have no problem finding a starting job like Freeman. The Jets is not an asylum for mediocre QBs who wants to collect $13mil a year.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

So far Simms has no turnovers. I think he has earned every bit as much of a right to start as Geno Smith.

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Oh, I was at the game, the stadium was electric, it was awesome :up:

Geno, gave the Jets his first win as a starting Qb, it was awesome :up:

The defense manhandled Freeman and made that TB offense look silly, it was awesome :up:

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

sanchez is hurt so please troll harder.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I have to ask this question. If Simms sucks so badly, why are some people so afraid to play him not even for a single series? Perhaps in a real game with the outcome still in doubt?

To hear some folks around here tell it, Geno could have a 6int game with 5 pick 6's with a torn ACL and they still wouldn't put Simms in. They would rather play Grandpa Garrard or even Quinn the Eskimo. That's not just biased, but it smells of fear.

6. Cman68

TB had the game won. That was not awesome. That dumbass TB defender pushed Geno OOB and drew a flag. That was lucky for once for the Jets. TB was a game that TB snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Geno played well, but it was a dumb TB penalty at a crucial juncture, not some HOF caliber performance by Geno, that won the game for us.

Lets try to keep things in perspective here.

7. JetsVilma28

That's why you got to make a choice. The choice our FO made is Geno. Now, you start Simms or let him run a series he throws a TD what do you do? He throws a pick 6 what do you do?

At some point you got to let these players go. At 3-3 do you really want to hand the offense off to a new quarterback/style of play? I think it's premature and too early man.

8. JetsVilma28

Win is a win. The kid kept it together until the very end. If anything it was a dumb blitz on 3rd down when we had the lead, but hey that's football.

I had a great time and thought the game was very awesome :up:

9. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

You know nothing about talent. You just talk about specific INT. Ever heard of the eye test. Like accuracy, arm strength, mobility, etc. This season was a wash for the Jets before it even started. The talent is not there for the team yet to worry much about specific INT. You acting like he is on a record pace of throwing pick 6 like Matt Schaub. Dude, get a grip. Geno is legit talent-wise, no question about it.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It is fear. It is absolutely fear. I'm afraid my team is going to put a guy in at QB who failed in college and was not drafted and who has not actually led a team and played well since high school.

I don't believe in fairy tales? Do you?

11. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

It's amazing how some people chose specific plays during a game to criticize a player as if games are supposed to be played mistake-free. Why do they think we have refs for.

12. Cman68

Hell JV, just being at the game is awesome although I still think MetLife stadium looks like a big, gray, roasting pan minus the top. One of these Sundays, perhaps even this season, I'll make the 3hr drive to MetLife to sit in the nosebleeds and watch a game.

For now, I'll just have to muddle my way thru with my 70" 3D Sharp Aquos. No drive home from my lounge.. :)

13. Cman68

It's amazing how homers will ignore any and everything that does not fit into their POV. If you want to believe that the TB penalty was not THE PLAY that turned the game, then you sir, have earned your Homer badge with dubious honors. Ignore whatever you want to. Some of us live in the real world. Especially after 44 years of Jets football.

14. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Heck, it's not even an option. Simms is a 3rd stringer for a reason. The coaching staffs see more of him than any one. If he was that good he'd be at least be a 2nd string.

15. JetsVilma28

It's the best. :metal:

16. Cman68

Not at all B'way. That's why you experiment in a season like this one. Low to no expectations in 2013 so what exactly do we have to lose by playing Simms one lousy series. Its not like there's gonna be any garbage time unless we're on the wrong end of it.

Geno is gonna lose a few games due to inexperience. Benching Geno may not as destructive to his ego as benching Hairband was. I'm not talking starting Simms, but let him see the field. That way, you have proof positive that he sucks. Right now, you don't know.

With this new OC staff, perhaps David Lee has worked wonders with Simms as well as Smith. Perhaps Lee could have helped Sanchez too. We don't know one way or the other but there is a way to find out exactly what we have on the Roster and what direction to go forward.

#4456 Cman68, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  17. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Games are won or lost by penalty every sunday. If Geno weren't mobile to be able to run to the sideline he'd not have been in position to generate a personal found. That's where the 4.5 speed come in to play. Again, another physical advantage he has over butt fumb-chez.

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Or an old window air conditioner unit from back in the 70s with the inside hollowed out.

_

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

oh shut up

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

20. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

I think they know simms suck the same way they knew Tebow sucked, during practice. The coaches are around him every day. If he were the savior they'd start him being that Geno wasn't a first rounder and not much financial or any other commitment is placed on him. In fact, Geno is still on a trial period with the coaching staff. Heck, he hasn't even been declared the official starter yet for the Jets' future. If simms is not on the field it's because he sucks will probably be released in the off-season.