Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

VIP idea was implemented in one of the Soccer forums that had 2500 active users.

No money was involved though. Board management picked members. I was one of the picked ones. We were allowed to write on a special section. Others could read but couldn't write.

We were also allowed to start threads after the games since there was probably 100 new threads starting after each loss.

That being said, it didn't work. As a VIP member I started to see personal attacks from posters who weren't VIP. It was same for other VIP's.

In the end, the whole VIP concept was removed.

Just an experience.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If you want better discussion make posts that stimulate discussion without trolling. You know management here loves trolls. You don't think you would have to put up with that in a VIP area? Think again.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well this sucks on 2 counts,,,one is I just typed a tremendously long reply to you Jay and when I went to post it i got booted !
    Secondly,,,,,,Jay screw these assclowns and their personal attacks and differences of opinions ! After all somebody has to be wrong in an argument and it might as well be THEM :wink: If they choose to be classless hopefully the mods take care of them and do some much needed in house cleaning,,,,,that said I refuse to say goodbye Jay, I hope you take a deep breath, rethink your stance and come in off the ledge as there are many people on this site and thread that look forward to your insight and weather views I am just one of em !
    I will still post my questions on here and hopefully you are still here to answer them,,,,I mean who is going to tell Cman to get the Ariens ready ? Cbgs s house of weather just doesn't sound rite and to be honest my predictions would be worse than the American model :rofl:
    Take care jay and I hope you have that change of heart and decide to stick around,,,,,,,CBG

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ok I gotta ask,,,,where is this big rain storm that happened today ? I expected to get out of work and get soaked buti saw some blue sky,,,,what gives :grin:

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

see, we miss him already, we will never make it through the winter

6. Brook!

Jay

All the meteo guys failed.

We need you man. we need you badly. Winter is upon us. :)

Let's talk to Petro so he makes you a mod. That way, people will think twice before attacking you.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Raining like the apocalypse here in York, PA.

8. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

I thought I'd make a rare appearance to wish Jay all the best in the future.

I love that guy. And my mate Abyz.

I was surprised by their recent announcements to leave the site. It is also not surprising that the main forum is the way it is. That is why I mainly hung out with the riff raff here in the BS section. I left a job that allowed me time to waste in here and now have a gig that doesn't. The other option to making a public announcement before departing is just to simply not come here much or stop posting in the main forum.

It would be nice if Jay could stick with this forum and this thread. It's one of my favorites yet none of the content ever effected me personally, living half a world away.

Jay is a gentleman, the sort that I'd want to contact if I was ever Stateside, to met in person and share a few beers.

9. Brook!

Not that easy to catch Jay. We live close. Roughly 30 minutes from each other. He became a celebrity at the bar in my town after I shared his warnings before the hurricanes. Some people beat the crowds and got their hurricane supplies from Home Depot(a chain store that sells those stuff).

After that a hot bartender asked me to invite Jay to the bar and said free drinks for him. Jay couldn't attend of course.

Also I know some personal stuff he is dealing with.

He was always kind enough to send me supporting PM's when I was down due to my health issues. All in all, we lost a great guy if he doesn't come back.

10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Im not sure if that makes it any better..the bottom line is Im having a discussion with BIGGS about the secondary sucking and BIGGS and I are not on the same page and guess what...big deal. Thats what this is all about.

I didnt even care about the name calling but when one person calls you an imbecile? I mean...the problem with a site like this is when you start letting guys call people names you are not making them have discussions. You would be surprised by making people have real discussions...the ____ (fill in the blank) would be forced to leave because many of them can not.

When another poster says "the only thing full of crap is this thread not the secondary" lol...I mean that was when I said enough.

Sydney Don said it best...the BS forum is where its at. Whats happended to the other side of the forum over the past year is ashame. Its really ashame to see some of the posts in there.

My only advise to management would be try it. Ban posters that call anyone...ANYONE a name. You would be surprised that eventually hundreds of posters lurking outside as GUESTS would come inside if there were real discussions going on...even disagreements.

Just check out the disagreement that Biggs and I had in that thread and you will see that people can disagree and be civil. I have checked in a couple times this week and noticed another poster started a thread about how the secondary sucks and of course...several posters who were calling names didnt respond this time. Because they were not there to argue their point..they were there for other reasons.

If this site is all about getting as many members as possible for financial reasons...I get that...totally. Banning 10 people by setting a new example that name calling will not be tolerated will open up other doors for success. You have to trust that.

Being called an asshoe...an imbecile....etc...who gives a crap. At the same time, why would anyone who wants to discuss the team they love want to come to a site and go down to that level....kind of defeats the purpose for most. Nobody leaves a site because they are crying in a corner being called names on an internet site. They leave because the experience now sucks.

SOOOOO....back to the weather...

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I thought that was already a rule? And I agree it should be. You should be able to share your thoughts,frustrations or anything else on how you personally see whats going on with the team on a related site without getting called names by someone who is unaware that all they are doing is the same. Glad to see you post again,I think the real TGG family has hid itself well in the BS forum over the years,every once in a while taking a plunge in the main area.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Being part of management, I'll relay your concerns on to the boss. Personally, I will make a greater effort to cut down on the name calling. I value our longtime posters as I'm sure Petro does. We'll get this fixed guys. Just hang in there or better yet, hang in here.. :)

13. Brook!

Cman55

Thanks for taking this up to Petro. I am so glad to see jay post again. I would suggest hiom to stick to BS forum but as a Jet fan, he is entitled to write on the main board without names being called.

Jay

Welcome back :) Please let us know how winter looks based on the trends you are seeing. I want snow. Lots of snow. Will I get what I wish for?

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Personally I enjoy name calling if it's funny and original. That pretty much eliminates 99% of the board. Sorry the entire board since byz left.

I always liked it when things got a bit uncivil as long as the football discussion was at a high level. Nothing wrong with people having a lively discussion and things getting a bit out of control. The problem from my side isn't the fact that we have what seems to be a high percentage of barbarians who post here. The problem is we don't seem to have enough barbarians that have a basic understanding of football. We seem to have a lot of guys who get a thrill in engaging in a bit of internet blood sport with no real chops. (Note post count doesn't equal football chops)

I don't care that the person I'm talking football with is an asshole. It pisses me off that I'm talking football with guys who don't know shit about football.

Why should I have a problem with you not being on the same page as me? It's only a matter of time before you come around.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well shut the garage door jay Wayne is back ! ,,,,,,,,,I am glad you had a change of heart and decided to stick around,,,,welcome back :grin:

Now where's the cold air and the moisture,,,,,,,,,will north jersey get hit hard ? Are we all getting buried?does the Arians have gas in it ?,,,,,ahhhhh life is good again !

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

welcome back jay, winter wouldn't have been the same without you.

now when is this warm weather going away? its hunting season and i would really like to see some frosty mornings

17. jaywayne12

Damn cman...I swear also when I get pissed...its not the swearing...listen..that was me that day. Do not bring up any concerns about anything. Thanks anyway.

Here is my problem...a guy calls me an imbecile...stupid. Where many of us are brought up is that we would usually solve the problem in one second.

Internet muscles really get on my nerves. I have had a problem here a few times with that stuff. A guy sitting behind a computer flexing his muscles? Drives me up a wall.

Perhaps its a learning experience for me too...lol. Anyway..no changes for me...im not the change kind of guy.

18. jaywayne12

Right around Halloween give or take a few days the temps should dive big time. I will keep an eye out for it FJF.

19. jaywayne12

HA biggs...good one...but come one..after this past week and the performance by A.C.....I would think you should be the one coming around...lol.

20. jaywayne12

lol...thanks Chris. Im not into the melodramatic crap but I realized after 2 days being gone I was either coming back here...or starting a thread somewhere else because Petro needs me much less then I need his site. The abyz thing threw me for a loop when he left.

You know...you come to a site for almost 10 years and people come and go but some kind of become family. Abyz..in my book...with all of his off the wall stuff...could never do any wrong. I really looked forward to seeing him on this site. It was one of the few constants in life outside of our normal lives. It just felt right when I would see him post.

Anyway...thats enough of the dramatics...weather wise is showing models seeing cold air a couple weeks out only to ease them up temp wise when they get here. Tonight is a perfect example. A few weeks back, the models had this cold front with near or below freezing temps and its modified to upper 30's and mid 40's for most.

Still showing just before Halloween for the colder temps but I just looked at it now and that modified a bit too. Will keep an eye out.

Right now...the chance of a decent snowstorm before Christmas was around 2 to 1 a few weeks ago but I would say its about 3 to 1 now....possible still.

Still think this will be a very normal to above average winter snowfall wise. Normal meaning mid January to mid February storms..with them coming 1 time a week at least. Could start earlier.

One thing is looking pretty certain right now...the streak of around Halloween storms will end...there does not seem to be anything on the horizon but that will not be confirmed until around the 20th.