2013 week 7 - N.E. Patriots @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 13, 2013.

1. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

This game won't be a blowout.

We're hurting. As of right now, the following are all starters or account for major snaps:

RG Dan Connolly - left game early with head injury, did not return
    WR Danny Amendola - left game late with head injury, did not return
    CB Aqib Talib - left game with hip injury, tried to return, left agian, did not return
    LB Jerod Mayo - left game late with shoulder injury, did not return, left stadium in a sling
    WR Julian Edelman - Shaken up on final drive, returned, Amendola did the same in week 1 then missed a few games

DT Tommy Kelly - did not play, leg injury
    DT Vince Wilfork - IR
    RB Shane Vereen - short term IR
    TE Rob Gronkowski - not yet cleared to play, practicing for past 6 weeks though

Don't assume we're just going to walk over you. We're far from healthy and your defense gave us fits last game, that was in our house, this time we travel.

2. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

In NE Edleman had like 16 catches...the rookies have improved and are making plays...3 receivers the Jets can't cover. If the Jets pull a series of 3 and out, 3 and out, interception, 3 and out -- the game will be ugly and ugly early.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Why would ANY Jets fan think that? Because the Saints poorly handled the final 3 minutes of your game today?

Geno threw three 4th Quarter interceptions AT New England and the Jets lost 13-10. If any fan thinks they are going to get walked all over, they are ridiculous.

4. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Did you read any threads on this forum? There isn't a single Jets fan NOT predicting you guys being blown out. Hell, the guy who posted before you even thinks so.

5. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

I want the pats to lose more than the jets to win

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The Jets have also done very poorly against the Pats the 2nd time of the season under Rex. They are 2-3 in 1st games against the Pats under Rex with losses of 3,3, and 9 and wins of 14 and 7. The losses in game 2 of the series have been 17, 42, 21, and 30. For whatever reason, the Pats seem to get going the second time around seeing the Jets. Maybe they are more prepared/familiar with what Rex is going to throw at them, who knows.

The Jets as usual can't turn the ball over, they need to get pressure without blitzing, and as we saw yesterday the Pats receivers are still not consistent. We are going to get a couple breaks where their receivers are just going to drop them. On our side, we can't have any of those, we can't have self inflicted mistakes like drops, turnovers, blown ocverages.

Also, if Talib misses the game, that helps us a lot especially if Holmes is out. The Pats might play the same coverage as first game where it was mostly safety deep and forcing the Jets to go short plays down the field, instead of hitting a couple big plays. The Steelers played slightly similar. It works well because you don't really need to fear any of receivers. The Jets might need to break out a trick play or two to get that big play, and with Goodson getting an MRI and might be out, we don't have a big play RB.

7. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

??? Not his fault, NE went 70 yards without a T.O.

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

If I could pick one Pat to be out it would be Talib. The way hes been playing, our already limited offense might be totally shut down.

9. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

And Mayo with what looks to be a separated shoulder. That's big if the Pats want to stop the Jets running game.

There is no question that the Jets have a chance particularly with the D in the Meadowlands but the Pats are a pretty resilient team. I don't know if Gronk is going to be back but he might but both Tompkins and Dobson are getting better. The Patriot D is quite scrappy these days.

I suppose that the Pats could blow out the Jet but I think it will be closer and a Jets win is a possibility.

That was a huge win for the Patriots especially after NO threw a 3 and 20 hail mary for a TD but an amazing comeback after a failed 4th down AND an INT.

10. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

There's a chance they get blown out but there's also a chance they win. The life of having an inconsistent rookie QB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

11. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I don't know why anybody would be predicting a blowout. Some guys just seem to always think that the Jets will be blown out after a loss. The first half of our schedule is tough. We already knew this.

I do hope Holmes is back for the Pats game.

12. Not even bothering getting my hopes up.Deep down we know how this one will go.

Patriots will make all the plays, get all the calls & all the bounces. Brady will go completely untouched by our DL, his WR'S will be wide open..while the Jets offense will have multiple turnovers & generate 150 yds of offense at best.

It's a god damn broken record. Only a fool thinks anything will change.

Just about done w/ this team & this rivalry. Why keep torturing one's self?

Boston wins in every single god damn sport...not even worth watching anymore

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ The deal Brady made w/ the Devil expires soon.

He and Beli will retire and the organization will fade away. The fans born within the 13 year run will become apathetic and stop following. After all, they are the spawn of front runners.

14. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I was just going to post this exact observation. I can't help but feel that there is something to this. I'm not particularly confident heading into this game, however, I also think this year's patriot team is manifestly beatable.

The only one of those games that should have been closer than the final score was the 37-16 game in 2011 ( I STILL consider this the game that truly marked the beginning of the end of the Sanchez era and began our demise)

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Nothing against you Kurt and not aimed at you.

God I wish everyone with this mindset would either just post something constructive , f' off or say nothing.
    Yes, it is a broken record.

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

For me this game falls into the bracket of 'Any given Sunday'.
    I like the matchups and if we bring our A game think we have a good shot at home.

17. I know it's negative & I get that it's self defeating.

But every single year the same thing happens against the Patriots. It doesn't matter who is lined up for either team..who the coaches are or anything.

We play them close the first time around which leads every body to believe we have a shot the second time around. Then the Jets come out flat, make a ton of mistakes..not make a single big play & we're back on this board feeling sorry for ourselves wondering what went wrong.

It kills me to write all of this.It really does. I hate that franchise & many of their front running fan base w/ a passion. But eventually you can't ignore the tangible evidence.

I'm not falling into the trap again. The Patriots are just better than the Jets at playing football. One could argue the jets have had BETTER overall talent most of the last 5 years or so..but it hasn't mattered. The Patriots make plays..the Jets make mistakes. The patriots get calls...the jets waste timeouts on meaningless replays. The Patriots get bounces...the jets can't create a single turnover.

I don't think there's a single scapegoat. I don't think it's just Brady/BB..It's just the way things go. Don't bother getting your hopes up for this Sunday...the patriots could start their Practice squad against the Jets at full health & it still wouldn't matter.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets are less consistent than ever right now. They could blow out the Patriots, be blown out by the Patriots, win a close game, or lose a close game, and NONE of those results should shock Jets fans at this point.

19. BookEndTackles 72&79

It's hard to hold out hope when the last 25 games or so they've won 20. They kick our ass or we let them off the hook just like we did the last two games up in Foxboro.

20. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Edleman had 16 catches that game, but only had like 80-90 something yards. We gave him all the underneath routes that game.

I can actually see a Jets win. This past week against the Steelers I was scared cause they were coming off a bye week and we came off a short week. Not to mention they were winless, and Dick Lebeau's success against rookie QB's.