No need for panic...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 13, 2013.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha national embarrassment? Are you kidding me? You are delusional if you still believe that. We aren't even the worse team in our own state.

After the Falcons game I was more optimistic heading into this steelers game than I was before the season, but I also understood this team has been inconsistent this season and we snuck out wins so it might not happen again. OVerall 3-3 at this point might actually be better or right where I expected heading into the second matchup vs the Pats before the season started

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I agree totally.
    People are spoiled by the successes of Luck Wilson and Griffin III, forgetting what the real growing pains of a rookie QB are.
    Geno is showing promise. It's nonsense to think it's not going to take some time.

#82 Jersey Joe 67, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This post is so dumb. That is why we lost? Give me a break....

4. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

We lost because our #1 receiver is Clyde gates

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im not worried. They had a bye, we had a short week. They executed better, we didnt.

At the end of the day we are 3-3 and they are still 1-4. Some games you win, some games you lose. They beat us TODAY, thats it, lets move on to New England.

6. skipper

skipper Member

Middle of the pack was the high end of what most of us expected before the season began. We are there. Even the mildly optimistic realists had us around 500. We're not winning the Superbowl in a rebuilding (or retooling) year.

The next three game are hard. We could lose ground in October, though I think we make it back up at the back end, If we can be realistic and expect to win one for every one we lose life will be easier for us fans, though the team shouldn't have the luxury of thinking that way.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We are in the middle of the pack for a playoff spot so to give up now would be crazy. A loss hurts but no one feels good after a loss, NO ONE. IDC if your 14-0 and lose, you dont feel good no matter what.

Look at the teams around us, who is feeling really good right now? Ravens? Texans? Titans? Browns? Bills? Dolphins? Those teams are our competition for a playoff spot. Thats it, I like our position. It could have been better, but it could have been worse. We have a great opportunity in front of us to take control.

8. smittyf350

smittyf350 Member

We do have a lot of concerns besides Geno. The fact that our OLB core just plain out sucks. Coples is not a OLB. Pace is old. McIntyre is a decent back up type. Might want to let one of Sapp or Davis get some more playing time. This is the position that we've just missed on entirely since Rex has been here. That and also Free safety.

Speaking of safety, Landry is awful. Our secondary is sad. Walls may be our best corner. Can Jarrett play FS? I hope Milliner can at least be serviceable if and when he gets healthy. Cromartie is just not playing well. I know he's injured, but damn. He's always had problems with smaller receivers, which makes me wonder why he doesn't cover an opposing TE in a game like todays.

Now our offense. Geno gets a good part of the blame today. The OL I believe will get better as the season progresses. Geno has to get better with his drops and footwork.

Our lack of a playmaking WR is so evident. Gates needs to go. Hill is improving. Kerley doesn't need to play on the outside. Holmes is a solid #2, but we clearly need him this year or until we find a stud. Cumberland is coming along nicely. Hopefully Sudfeld can live up to hype he was getting in the preseason.

RB might be our best position we have on offense, although Ivory should be starting, and Goodson should be the 3rd down back. Powell is solid but nothing special. Hate on that all you want. It's the truth.

I'll leave Mornhinweg out of this rant. He deserves his own topic. What makes things worse is watching the pats pull off a lucky ass win.

9. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

You can't have perfect players at every position. Pace has actually been pretty good this season.

This team as it was built last year should have been seen as a 2 year minimum rebuild. Idzik started and continued the previous trend to build with the trenches. Hopefully he got his QB. Next hell get skill players.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't think so. Thankfully I doubt that the pros in the Jets management team think so either.

11. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Schaub led the Texans to become essentially a juggernaut last year, and his coach after three terrible games said STARTING Schaub was the toughest decision he had to make. He was going to bench Schaub after four miserable games but Geno's beyond reproach? Geno was drafted around the same time Kellen Clemens was. Geno will not get the same leash Sanchez enjoyed, he has this season, and if he's just awful these next three he'll see the bench.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So 10 year veteran Schaub = rookie Geno in the how to make a coaching decision department? Really?

Secondly, nothing we've seen out of Geno this year suggests he'll be just awful in the next 3 games. He has an up-down pattern going at the moment that is accompanied by him getting better overall every couple of games.

First two games: 53.4% comp%, 6.44 YPA, 1 TD, 5 TO's.

Second two games: 61.9% comp%, 9.84 YPA, 4 TD, 6 TO's.

Third two games: 64.8% comp%, 7.41 YPA, 3 TD, 2 TO's.

Progress is being made, albeit at a rookie pace.

Thirdly, you said he had 3 games to put together consistent outings. He has already had several consistent outings this season. He'll have some more. He'll also have a few games that makes us wince. That's what rookies do for the most part, especially when they have injuries around them and are not being hidden in the game plan.

Joe Flacco had bad starts in game 10, 13 and 14 as a rookie. He had a horrible game in the AFC Championship Game that year.

Matt Ryan had bad starts in game 14 and 16 and in the playoffs as a rookie.

Andrew Luck had bad starts in game 10, 12 and 13 last year as a rookie.

This notion that Geno is going to put it all together and then zoom away he goes or else he's a failure is just ridiculous to contemplate. It isn't going to happen and if you take every down game that Geno has and see it as a reason to bench him you're not understanding what's going on this year around the Jets.

A week ago Geno was the toast of the NFL. Name a few QB's who have done what he did in Atlanta and not been good QB's when everything shook out in the end?

#92 Br4d, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  13. Drew

Drew Active Member

Injuries, weak secondary with our #1 corner (who's underperforming to begin with) injured, stingy defense, and a team that's clearly better than their 0-4 record.

No need to panic. What's their to panic about? This is a rebuild year. Move on to next week.

14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Keep expectations same as you did in August

We pretty much figured a team between 6 an 9 wins

That's probably where we will be, and that is the pace

If you take this approach, you will have a low stress season

We need another few good drafts, good player development, and organizational consistency.

15. NFL

NFL Active Member

No I wouldn't give a first, but I would damn sure send a 2nd their way.

16. BIGREX

BIGREX Member

at what point did the jets play well ?

17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Not so much panic but that little sliver of hope that we would play meaningful games after the bye seem to be slipping away. Pats, Cinci, and Saints left before the bye...three teams that can throw the ball -- Jets secondary doesn't match up well with any of those teams. 3-6 at the bye week?6-10 if things go right?

18. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Geno is the QB. This BS about Simms playing if Geno has a bad next three games is such BS. You don't change the QB, whose your future for some guy who wasn't even drafted, after how Geno has played. He has tremendous potential and for a rookie, has played well. Teams that show that type of lack of confidence in the QB position and who switch like that, are teams that in the long run, don't win.

19. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

No, we're not. The Steelers have a Hall of Fame QB, the Jets have a rookie. Just cause the Steelers had a bad start doesn't mean the Jets were better. No one predicted the Jets to have a better record then the Steelers this year. No one.

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Sanchez had tremendous potential for a rookie...had 32 TDs in his 3rd year....has Sporano/Tebow in his 4th and implodes. Geno is not a franchise QB.