2013 week 6 - Pittsburgh Squeelers @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. NewYorkEveryThing

Defense was supposed to feast on PITTs Oline????

2. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

This OL is not good.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

The 2nd INT isn't on Geno though he got away with a shoulda been picked then again.

Reason I say mediocre and not terrible is because we got put in bad spots by poor play by the defense. Steelers controlled TOP and we could never establish the run outside of one drive.

4. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

And that's that.

5. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Geno could've been picked 5 times today, he's lucky it was only twice (both on the goal line), killed any chance of winning this game.

Geno's play was abysmal in every facet. There is no way you can call this simply mediocre, it was awful.

6. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

This team can't buy a turnover.

7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

We didn't establish any running game, our WRs did not get any separation for the most part, our defense had the Steelers control much of the clock when the game was close and we had awful playcalling which featured some puzzling calls like going to the well with a Geno spread run way too much.

He had a lousy game but terrible? He isn't the difference between us winning and losing, the Steelers just whooped our ass and outplayed us. It happens, we're just not playoff ready yet.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

Our whole team sucked. We couldnt get consistent pressure on what was supposed to be the worst offensive line in football. Cromartie got abused and looked like trash. We blew a number of assignments on defense and can not create any turnovers. Our special teams is non existent on any form of return. We couldnt run the ball effectively. Our offense has no playmakers, aside from maybe Jeff Cumberland who should be a focal point of the offense. The playcalling was extremely conservative, and Geno made some bad throws and decisions.

The Steelers team looked a lot better than their record indicated, and we conitnue to suck against them. Them coming off a bye doesnt help either.

One ugly fucking game. All phases.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

They bullied us today. You can always count on the Steelers to bring us back down to earth.

10. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

this is what i'm feeling. also should have had that safety on the first drive. but just a poor game all around.

i do think geno will learn from it. he seems to take two steps forward after every backwards one.

11. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Defense couldn't stop the pass, Offense cant pass. That pretty much sums it up.

12. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Defense was fine, Cromartie was hot garbage.

13. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Where are you? My alcohol infused rage makes me want to call you all sorts of names, but I will refrain. My only question is how long have you been watching the Jets? Serious question. And I bet you thought the Saints were going to smoke NE too.

Call me emotional but I had to sit in a stadium littered with inbred fucking Steelers fans all day. Im pissed.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Cromartie was injured and shouldnt of even been out there,Geno threw two interceptions that coulda been tds thats not Cros fault

15. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Can't cover anyone. Absolutely soft, and lost in the secondary. Geno looked terrible at times. I can't stand him dropping back about 15 extra yards to only not throw the ball away and get sacked. Those 2 INTs were extremely costly. Those can't happen. Rookie or not, they can't happen in those spots. That Pittsburgh team had ZERO takeaways coming into this game and Geno gave them 2. TRIPLE COVERAGE! Also our WR's are a complete joke. Gates just puts me into a bad mood. Our ST has absolutely noone who can halfway decently return a punt or kick.

16. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Shhhhh two INTs on the goal line, a full 14 point swing in a 19-6 game didn't have anything to do with the loss according to the brain trust here.

17. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to give some more props to Damon Harrison. What a find.

Also, we suck, etc.

18. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

To be honest I think you ran into a team desperate for a win. The Steelers are a hot mess this year. They were bound to put together a solid game sooner or later. Next week they'll get spanked by Baltimore.

Dick LeBeau's always done well against rookie QB's.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes, terrible. As bad as week 2 v. NE in those two games he has five int s in scoring zone. I dont care what your feeling about the other guys are, but he personally tossed 2 big games away,

But, I guess its ok, bc he isnt the other guy.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Where have you been?