No need for panic...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 13, 2013.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Also, Geno overthrowing Hill was a big play. Had he hit Hill, Hill would have walked into the endzone.

However, I am not panicking at all.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This loss is on the guys wearing green. We played soft today. Offensive line struggled, Cro gave up a big play (credit Brown he's a good receiver) run game was okay but not spectacular. Defense couldn't create turnovers. Hopefully we play better next week.

3. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Bills lost, if patriots lose, next weeks game is still for 1st place, dolphins on a bye...no sense to panic just yet...let's go saints!

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

That's the problem. This team isn't deep enough to do this. We need to tinker things at WR/S/TE(Though I think Cumberland can be a good No.2 TE). We need playmakers badly.

We have the foundation set we just need to add pieces and really re-tool. We have a lot of picks next draft, it can be done.

5. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I don't know if they are more talented but they seemed more well rested and more prepared. They had a bye week and we had a short week. In the end, we were outplayed.

All I'm saying is Geno does not deserve all of the blame. He shouldn't be apologizing to his team like after the Titans game.

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

Josh Gordon with another 100+ yard game. They might not be shopping him right now, but another loss or two and Idzik better be the first in line offering something for him. I like Hill, but it isn't hard to focus on the one guy. With Gordon, Hill, Kerley, and Cumberland, that's a damn good supporting cast around Geno. Maybe even add another TE and your set on offense as far as receiving options go.

7. xoMYSTiCxo

xoMYSTiCxo Member

They just need to get it together for next game...today's game was just piss poor really smh.

8. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

EVERYBODY PANIC SEASON OVERRRRRR@@&*G#G*P

nah, its fine. it was bad day all around but whatever, i'll take 500.

this team can beat almost anybody they face from here on (Saints?) but nothings a gimmie either.

the one thing I have to say concerns me though is that the jets are 1-3 in the AFC.

9. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

That's just completely idiotic.

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This team is a dynamic receiver away from being good IMO, we need our Dez Bryant/AJ Green/Denaryus Thomas/Julio Jones etc . Having a guy that defenses have to account for will open things up for Hill/Holmes/Kerley. We can get by another year with Cumberland and Winslow. On defense we need our Von Miller. We need a playmaker at safety. Our foundation is set on both sides of the ball, we just need a few pieces to put us over the top.

11. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Well, the Jets were ranked 32nd in a league of 32 teams. You have expecttions now? Come on man. We still don't have a losing record and we could be playing the patriots next week for top team in the division. Relax!

12. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

him about 10 other GMs - do you want to give away (potentially) a first round pick for a guy that could well be suspended for a season?

13. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Yup, my thoughts as well. Was also hopin for the win cause our next 3 games are brutal.

14. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

on that note, let's go saints!

15. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Trap game period....

Let's move on people.

16. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

One of those was caused by him getting him during the release. Also, HE IS A ROOKIE. The one interception was his fault(Or maybe Reuland's? Wrong route?). Quit crucifying the kid whenever we lose. If you didn't expect the Steelers' D to be better than the Falcons' then you sir should not be posting on this board.

17. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Yup the same thing you say after ever loss and then is quiet after every win. The Steelers are mire talented.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yeah, that was a huge play.... I was actually pissed they didn't run it again as Hill just ran by both the CB and the safety.

19. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

THIS. And I don't see how anyone can put this on Geno. He wasn't terrible he was just bad. There IS a difference. Alright the first interception was his fault but the second one he got slammed.

20. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

I thought we blitzed too much on D. Steelers came out and tried to force a running game which was pretty much shut down by our stout run Defense. So they move to short passes and screens. After the steelers make that adjustment, play after play were sending multiple guys and they just bail out for a short slant or screen even on delayed handoffs. It was infuriating that we could not make the adjustment and they kept at it all game.

Cowher even said it at one point. Jets are blitzing, how do you beat the blitz short preplanned screens or short passes. They ate us up all game because of the overly aggressive blitz scheme.