No need for panic...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 13, 2013.

1. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

No one can defend his first INT. That was awful.

The second one was not his fault, that was on the o-line.

2. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

Do you realize who he is throwing to?

Did you realize he was under pressure most of the day?

Not to mention he's a rookie QB. When all of this is going on, a mistake is bound to happen. Anyway, you can ignore me if you want. I just find it funny how easily you want to give up on Geno when any rookie QB would have the same problems in a game like this.

3. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

The most glaring thing about this game to me was the playcalling on offense. When you have three healthy RBs all playing well why the fuck are you airing it out in the redzone when the run is working perfectly well?? Yes, both INTs were very bad decisions on Geno, but why is he throwing in those spots when the last thing we could afford was a turnover? I'm still scratching my head...

4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

The Steelers were the Steelers lol and we NEVER beat the Steelers

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Clyde Gates should be cut now. How is he still here?

6. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

dafuq? He was awful, his second half was so bad he could've been pulled and no one would've blamed Rex.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to QB play, and we've had the leagues worst for years. Without consistent play at QB you can't compete in this league.

Two INTs on the goal line will kill any team in a 19-6 game.

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

We played scared like this was a 4-0 steelers team. They were 0-4!

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Stop making sense, just let these people point fingers at Geno Smith if it makes them happy.

The way people attack Geno, you'd think he and he alone is the reason we lose these games. The Patriot game he did make us lose(That and the WRs oh god....), the Titans game was awful by all accounts. Same as this one. Geno was just brutal that Titans game, this one was just mediocre.

9. Jetsfansince95

Good news is coming off this loss we probs win next week and end up 8 and 8 I'll take it

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

I do agree with this. Gotta let the kid play.

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Our playcalling was so freaking bad. We came out and ran it 6 or 7 times on our first drive, so pathetic. Our secondary is a pile of steaming turd, Cromartie got beat multiple times today should've given up 2 tds. Oh ya, and it seemed like we had no freaking pass rush after half.

12. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Says who? We're playing the Patriots who OWN Rex Ryan's Jets.

13. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

dude, this is a rebuilding franchise. And teams are allowed to lose games too. It doesn't always have to be one specific person's fault. give it a rest.

Just pay attention to the type of darts Geno is throwing. INTs don't matter right now. It's all about development. We will be a playoffs caliber team next year. And we don't have a losing record. So give it a rest. We need to be more positive in this forum.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Lack of weapons had nothing to do with this game....it's been a foregone conclusion for 3 years now.

Your first 3 takes are very very valid. I owe my TGG members an apology for ripping them when they doubted the Jets against the winless Pitt team within minutes of beating the Falcons on the road.

Pitt didn't beat the Jets....they beat Marty Morningwood.

His play calling against the Falcons was brilliant...but against the Steelers he was scared, non aggressive, and begging to be beat.

By the time Marty found the keys to Geo's handcuffs Geno was already in a pressure packed situation, playing at home in front of his minions. Give the kid 60 minutes to play. Not 1000% conservative for the first half, and not 1000% overly aggressive for the 2nd half. But 100% in the middle, Geno's game.

Geno's first int was on him, or was it? It was first down and Marty called his first deep strike into the redzone. We were driving the ball just fine in a close game, then wham, 40 yard pass for 7 that was easily intercepted (Geno's 2nd int was not on him, again, pressure to win late and getting clobbered as the pass was released)

edit: Defense played just fine with the exception of Rex not giving Cromartie ANY safety help ever on any play, even with Pitt attacking Cro with good to excellent success. At least drop a safety to Cro's side a few times to keep Pitt guessing, especially with Cro playing with injuries and obviously struggling. Other than that, it was nice to see Big Ben get crushed a few times and their running game stuffed.

#34 Footballgod214, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

A few of those sacks were coverage sacks, he just didn't have anyone to throw to. That's not an excuse but at least 2 of those sacks were because there just aren't enough players who can make a play on at the offensive skill positions. The one I recall in particular was when he stepped out of the pocket and the DL came from behind to make the play.

I'll give you the first as a momentum killer because it was 16-6 at that point but the 2nd was a desperate team trying to make a play. The momentum killer was up 3-0 and giving up a 1st down on 3rd and 15 in the 2nd quarter and then giving up a huge TD pass on 3rd down and another getting called for a 25 yard PI.

16. Jetsfansince95

Says our track record

17. Jetsfansince95

We just about never win games that we're "supposed" to win. games that make us a true contender etc... yet when the pressure is off and no one expects us to win... somehow we pull through. get everyone's hopes up. then lose again.

18. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

In other words, the steelers are better than the jets. That's all you have to say. You don't have to blame anyone when a less talented team loses.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Don't panic. The kid has a season to prove he belongs. It's but a one game.

If he can't - Jets should do well to draft a QB this off-season. I was told this draft is deep at that position.

But until the season is officially over, don't panic over Geno struggling - every rookie QB struggles in this league anyway.

20. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

No need to panic? This is the game the Jets had to win to make anything of this season and they got smoked. Which game of the next three are they supposed to win if they can't even score a TD against the Steelers at home?