No need for panic...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We got beat in all phases...Primarily with our play-calling. Biggest takeway was we just were not as aggressive as we should have been against a stingy Pittsburgh team.

Time to move on after this short week turnaround we had, and no Simms should not be starting.

2. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Geno has three more games IMO to put together some consistent outings. If he still stinks I would bring in Simms, see if you have anything there, if not you punt on both and go for another QB, wash, rinse, repeat until we find a franchise QB.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Piss poor game planning.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

it was just a bad performance all around and we don't have a top tier QB that can make up for that kind of performance.

I just wish it wasn't to the steelers who (after the Pats) are my most disliked team :( every time we play them we seem to give up big 3rd downs time and again - rex really needs to change his approach to this team as the one he hasn't does not work.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Steelers had a bye week, we played on MNF. This was there season, they executed better.

They win, but our seasons not over.

6. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

That's a great recipe for not developing a QB.

It baffles me sometimes how stupid fans can be.

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

We had no real receiver and a disadvantage scheduling wise, im not panicking. Nor is this loss on Geno. Defense allowed too many yards and the entire team was worn from the monday night game while the Steelers were fresh. That was huge

8. dr.velociraptor

Just call the Steelers our daddy and be done with it.

Classic trap game, we all knew the team we saw last week was not the team we would see this week.

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Your class trap game, for sure.

Offensive had no real rhythm other than the drive before the half. The playcalling sucked as well. And the D couldn't make plays when they absolutely needed to.

10. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Conservative play calling
    Terrible 3rd down defense
    Poor decision making
    Lack of weapons on offense

11. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

Our offensive line let a team that only had 4 sacks before this game run all over them

12. JustaJetFan

JustaJetFan Member

Please, if you think this game was on Geno, you're insane.

Jets D, WR's, and O-line put him in a tough spot, and unlike Monday night, he wasn't able to make the comeback. Yeah the INT was bad, but it was a rookie mistake, which is normal from rookie QBs.

Geno needs to have a serviceable supporting cast before you can even begin to decide whether he should be the franchise QB or not.

13. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

What are you babbling about? The guy has played 6 games in the NFL. Six. Games. And did you watch him last week? He's been up and down . . . this is simply par for the course for a rookie quarterback in the NFL.

14. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Growing pains do suck but I still have my hopes high with this kid. yes he overthrew Hill... a pass he usually completes. its crazy how momentum changes so quickly. we had a few good chances in the beginning to take over the game, and get the crowd behind us. we had the almost sack/safety in the endzone, and the ball on the 1 yard line if we convert we're up 9 - 0 we didn't and the game changed from there. we've had 5 long drives this year a few against the pats and a few today that ended up in picks. yet I feel over time those will turn into touchdowns. I'll keep our heads up and look forward to the future.

#14 Jetsfansince95, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  15. dr.velociraptor

Two INT's on the GOAL LINE!! in a defensive minded game, of course it's on him.

Geno was terrible today, his two HUGE INT's on the goal line were a complete momentum killer for this Jets team.

God I heard this crap defended for four years with Sanchez, it's terrible QB play that is sinking this team, simple as that, has been for decades.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Bad game all around. The conservative game planning got them to 9-6 at the half, but then offense complete shut down in the 2nd half. 0 2nd half points.

Geno overall played below average, but not terrible. You saw bad Geno tonight, but terrinle Geno. Dick LAbeau picks up another win vs a rookie QB.

Defense forced another fumble they couldn't recover unfortunately. Cromartie got toasted, but overall the defense held it together but couldn't create that big play. ST couldn't get a big play, and the offense could not get a big play. That's what happened, the Steelers also looked better than their first 4 games, they were making tackles which was new and the OL did a really good job. That Williams kid rookie LB made two huge plays I think to stop what should have been big plays

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Also, we really, really, really miss Santonio Holmes.

18. NFL

NFL Active Member

Play calling was terrible.

Played too safe on offense.

Played too aggressive on defense. I like the blitzing and all, but they have to realize that we have a backup corner, and an injured corner. Leaving them out on islands isn't the best thing to do. Even before this game, it's shown that you can't always leave the corners out one on one. If this DLine is as good as everyone thinks it is, then we need to lay off the LB blitzing so that the safety's can help out the corners back there.

Very good chance this team can be 3-6 by the bye week. I do expect us to win at least 1 of the next three though.

19. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Geno did not perform well, but the blame falls on everybody. The O-line and receivers were just flat out bad

20. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Why can't we lose a game because we lose. Why do we have to fault someone for every lost? The steelers were a rested and better team than us today. Period. Both team play well.