2013 week 6 - Pittsburgh Squeelers @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Me too...... I can totally see them blow this game and then beat the PATS next week. :gpc:

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

You bet!

Nothing quite stokes "big mo" better than eating assholes.

Rim jobs ftw. [​IMG]

3. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

If the offensive can move the ball and avoid turnovers we should win this. We have an advantage in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Mo needs to fire up this defense to get to Ben and bring him down. Geno has to stay cool and make accurate throws. This game we should try to expose their weak run defense especially since Goodson looks to be a great addition to the backfield. The secondary needs to hold up and Heath cannot be forgotten either.

Image if the Jets win and the Pats lose next week. The match up the following week would be like 2009 all over again with the stadium probably being sold out and the crowd roaring. The jets lack of consistency has been a problem this year. Hopefully, they can continue to improve and get a W.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

this is the type of game that has plagued the jets for many many years. coming off a good win heading into a game they "should" win, against a team in some turmoil (at least record wise). if they really want to silence the haters and darksiders u have to take this one. especially at home.

if they can win sunday man that october schedule isn't looking as bad as it first did.

5. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

2 things happen, we should win and maybe easily:

1) Rex gets these guys to come out firing, and with the home crowd, we get off to a solid start and can control the game.

2) Geno plays mostly mistake-free football again.

20-12, Jets.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I hope the crowd is loud. The Steelers stole something from us two years ago, this is the first time they are coming to met life since then. I hope Rex has this team beyond fired up.

7. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

Anyone saying this will be an easy win is ridiculous

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Just because the Steelers haven't won a game yet, doesn't mean they will magically be better to get that first win. That's a drama reason, not a football reason and it's barely a reason at all. If they win, it will be because they outplayed / outcoached us, or we went back into turnover hell. It won't be because they wanted their first win. No chance it will be an easy win either. It will be a slugfest, but one thing is for certain, our Dline will be a hellish matchup for them. If they can disrupt Big Ben enough and actually tackle him we will be in good shape.

9. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

soxx is right. we win that game if we had Demario Davis playing WILL instead of Bart Scott.

Fucking Bart Scott got abused

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

its about effin time that the jets hit the steelers where it hurts. we have had some brutal regular season losses and of course the 2 "same old jets like" post season losses.....

its really about time to stuff the terrible towel up their asses.

i need a convincing win sunday to get me going.

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Tough game coming off of a short week with them coming off of a bye. Typically teams lose the next week in this situation.

I don't think there is a conspiracy but WTF?

12. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

This is a classic letdown scenario. Coming off a huge, emotional win to play an underachieving team. The Steelers still have a ton of talent and are well coached. The weakness is Todd Haley's offense, and the weakness of the Steelers OL. If our front can get to Ben, then the Jets can control the game. It's really on that.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Have some faith fellas.

I am pretty sure players are aware of the importance of this game. Besides there is a reason Steelers are 0-4. Their OL is weak and their defense is not as good as it once was.

My only concern is Geno and potential turnovers. You are at home. Dominate their Offensive Line, hit Big Ben big time, use short passes to dissect their D and you have a W.

I am pumped.

14. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Let's make this a season to remember J.E.T.S and turn this franchise into a divisional favorite next year with the cap space and 12 draft picks.

15. Mitch_Dumstein

PAYBACK bigtime needed for the AFC Championship game in Sh1tsburgh in 2011...

I had to sit there surrounded by thousands of drunken one toothed trailer trash waving their disgusting towels

Jets 48

Terrible Towels 0

16. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

What's the deal with Cromartie's knee? Doesn't sound good.

17. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

It's been said already I'm sure but the key to this game is having our front 7 dominate their run game, and attacking Big Ben relentlessly with our pass-rush. Marty Mornhinweg will have to be careful this week, the Steelers' Defense is still much better than the Falcons' so a couple big negative plays could easily result in giving them the win. MM clearly knows how to design plays to get guys open, so the plays will be there to be made. It's just going to come down to Geno to keep focused and play mistake free football against a very intelligent defense led by Polamalu. I hope we start with the ball and score because this is the type of game where I want them to take the lead immediately and not look back. Make Ben be constantly wondering if his O-Line will will hold up long enough for him to catch up and take the lead. I feel like playing with a lead will make Ben more likely to play desperately and therefore sloppily.

18. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Talking about the playoff loss... some friends and I drove out 8 hours, froze our asses off (coldest I've ever been in my life) took shit from a ton of Steeler fans. drove right back oh and got a speeding ticket heading home. a win Sunday won't erase that day but hell it would ease the pain lol GO JETS !

19. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Nothing serious but he will miss Sundays game.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Look Cromarties injury sucks but its not going to break this game. It comes down if we can get to Ben or not. If we get to him hes going down hopefully. If we dont, we all know what he is capable of.

This game will really tell us if this team is a playoff contender or not. These are the games we have to win. Its also important to our confidence for the week 7 matchup against the Patriots where first place could be on the line. This steelers team has been nearly uncompetitive through four games. This a home games for us to and our Dline against there Oline is a complete mismatch. Jets better take this, or everything we did on the road monday night can be forgotten real quick.