Rex Ryan's Approval Rating After 4 Weeks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETS1116, Oct 7, 2013.

?

Do you approve Rex's coaching after 4 weeks?

1. Yes

90 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. I'm a Fence Sitter

19 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

The Jets are 2-2, with the #2 defense and #13 offense, and the consensus on this board is that we lack offensive talent and haven't played a powerhouse team.

I was amazed on how many posts I've seen in the last few months that are negative towards Rex. Obviously, I'm a Rex supporter.

I'm curious where the real Jets fans stand....Do you approve of Rex's first 4 weeks this season?

Thanks.

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I do, i've always been a Ryan supporter. From the good days to the bad. The guy is a good coach.

3. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Chose fence sitter, but fix the discipline issues and I'm a strong approve. Regardless of approval, Rex (and the rest of the CS) needs to stay as long as we have plans to develop Geno.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I dont want him fired, yet.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Since we've been patient now for the last 44 years, I don't see any reason why Rex shouldn't be here for the duration of his contract. That would give a 2 year body of work for Idzik to base his evaluation on. Seems fair to me especially since we already know Woody ain't gonna pay Rex to coach somewhere else while he's still on the payroll here.

We see the same lack of discipline, the same strange game management decisions, the same over emphasis on the defense over the other two units of the team, then I'm off the fence. I'm not a Rex supporter, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt over these next two seasons.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I generally agree with this, although whether he gets to come back after this season is not something that is yet clear to me.

In addition to what you mention, I am a fence sitter since Rex may deserve credit for the D playing so well. But I tend not to be all in on that one since the draft picks have been so heavy on D and the O roster is too weak. Add in that Rex himself would not give himself too high a grade given all the penalties.

7. franzman9

franzman9 Member

I'm a Rex fan. Great leader for the team once they get the pieces in place....only thing he needs to fix is letting his emotions get the best of him about challenging certain plays.

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well the guy can coach defense and if u can overlook his occasional delusional episodes, he's a keeper.

but if the turnovers and penalties do not materially improve i would think he will be fired after this season.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Rex needs to clean up the penalties, and get back to us being one of the least penalized teams in the league. Other than that, things have gone pretty decent for us. If we have a strong offensive draft next off-season with some pieces on defense we should be ready to fight for a division title.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he's top 10 NFL HC if not top 5.

11. Skeptable

Skeptable New Member

Most fans won't respond to this thread because its a trap... but I think this franchise needs stability somewhere... Give a coach 10 years and let him and the GM build something. And with the media the way it is, they don't even give the Giants the benefit of the doubt... Its sickening...

That said... I believe in what Idzik is doing, if he brings in a guy for 5 years after Rex, I would be ok with that. But I want a punch him in the mouth attitude out of this team.

12. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Top 5 =
    -Bill Belicheat
    -Jim Harbaugh
    -Jon Harbaugh
    -Andy Reid
    -Sean Payton

Just my opinion.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Hard to say. He might be the best defensive coach in the game, but his in-game decisions as a head coach are so bad. He is in Year 5 now, so there should be no excuses for that. Also, I can't believe this is his 5th season. Time really does fly.

14. nyjunc

Not a bad list but isn't it funny how everyone thought Reid sucked last year and how eager eagle fans were to get rid of him? he's always been a top HC in this league.

I think BB is a little overrated but I can't argue w/ him being on anyone's top 5 list same w/ the rest of your list.

15. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Why is it a trap?

16. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Rex

Really doesn't matter what we think. You have to be inside the building to know. Idzik was hired to rebuild the team and that includes the coaching staff. If he thinks that Rex and his staff can move this young club forward they will rehired. If not he will find someone who he trusts to mold the team.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

We have to keep Rex around. Like I've said before, nobody in this league, since he's been a head coach, has achieved as much or more with less QB talent.

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah!!

Sign this guy to long extension Idzik!! Without Rex this team is in shambles

19. Skeptable

Skeptable New Member

Because there is no right answer to that question... Rex is an Ok coach... but his mental errors have not gone away into his 5th season as a Head Coach... but then everyone will talk about how good his defense is and how he hasn't had a good OC... Which are very true...

But ultimately, the lost time because the delayed timeouts, or obviously bad challenges, etc., are not helping his cause. Don't get me wrong I love what this defense is, but he has not proved his worth as a Head Coach.

If he was worth it we would be talking about the Superbowl they played in, instead of an AFC Championship game. There is a lot of coaching errors...

You can chalk it up to his first two years as head coach. But they have to go away and they haven't after now 4 seasons. Its just sad because I wanted him to be the answer for this team...

20. nyjunc

every coach ahs these "mental errors", we just don't see them often b/c we are not watching as intently as we do w/ Jet games.