2012 Fatcesa thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

My issue is I want a NY centric sports talk show with discussions beyond just the Jets. For now, Francessa is the best I can do.

My biggest criticism of Kay and LaGrecca it is always gloom and doom, worst case scenario. "What if Mark Sanchez' shoulder never heals? How will Rex feel about playing him the 4th quarter of a meaningless preseason game then?" Ugh

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the local media always tries to get the fans riled up, one week you win and you are the greatest, the next week you lose and you are the worst.

3. Petey

Petey Active Member

Yup.

It's part of the problem with ESPN NY being a direct denomination of ESPN's national stature. They try to run ESPN NY using national radio principles but with local hosts. It just doesn't work. It might work on a national show where they tease a story/team that isn't from your region and you're unfamiliar with, but it doesn't fly here. Until the ESPN Mothership gives ESPN NY full autonomy on how to run the station, it's always going to come off as second rate and always finish second in the ratings.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Same here. Sirius NFL is great, especially if you want to avoid baseball talk. I think Adam Schein on from Noon-3pm on mad dog radio is great. My favorite listen.

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Oh my goodness. That 1776 skit is fucking hilarious.

"Dis idea that 'awl men ah created equal'... Says who?"

lol

6. Mitch_Dumstein

warning

do not listen to WFAN right now

Jody Mac (OK) teamed up with Gary "I'm a clueless muckraking 98 pound weakling who knows nothing about football" Myers...

Manish's girlfriend from the Daily News started by declaring that the Jets were the "most dysfunctional team in the NFL" ( not Jacksonville or Tampa Bay or any of the 0-4 teams")when I hit the button on my car radio and shut him off

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Even Don Imus loved it lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSbvFY59WC4

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

not being able to see him makes him sound even more like mike.

love the fact they didnt realize the guys name is mike zaun...

9. harkin

harkin Member

On his NFL show this morning, he said Phil Simms, who has been a weekly feature for years giving insight, would no longer be part of the show.

MF said Phil was too busy, had too many commitments etc......but after that he said something else that seemed kinda strange for someone who he has treated like a family member on his show (paraphrasing):

Phil will not be part of the show any more......he won't be on again.......he won't be back for as long as we do this show....

From program regular to never ever again......wow.

10. NYJFan10

Ouch what did he do, switch over to Boomer and Carton? Or Sirius/ESPN? Or just tell Mike to go **** off?

11. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Might the Carl Banks fiasco. M.F perfect initials for this turd.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

It will be telling if Francessa changes his stance on Matt Simms. Hes been campaigning for Matt Simms to start since the preseason, but if there is a rift between him and Phil I bet he will change his stance.

13. Mitch_Dumstein

the Fat Turd pretty much guaranteed that the Jets would win big today against a "dreadful Eagle defense" and that this win would get their season back on track. Afta Aul, the Giandz ore one of thuh murquey NFL franchizes....

oopz, I'm mooron... uf coorze I meand the Giantz...

#1193 Mitch_Dumstein, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Or the Giants.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he is only going to be able to piss off so many people before everyone stops bothering with him. he needs to be off the radio,he is nothing more than a douche at this point.

16. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

it would be nice if they moved him to the 10 to 1 spot and put Joe and Evan on in the afternoon. Then at least you would have a decent morning on the way to work drive and an after work drive on the way home.
    and we could still have the Fatcesa thread.

#1196 TheCleaner, Oct 6, 2013
  17. NYJFan10

He's probably contractually bound to the 1-6 slot, and if they moved anyone there it'd be Carton-Boomer who are Francesa's real in-station rivals.

18. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Francesa

I'm sure we will find out soon about Mike and Simms. Raisman will be all over it. I love when he refers to him as the Pontiff.
    This Giants poor start has really got him off his game. Remember the Giants are the model franchise great ownership, great coaching and front office. God forbid if the Jets win a few more.
    Actually, the Jets need another draft to add more quality players. Young teams really have trouble on the road so I'm not expecting much tomorrow. But they have a good young core and will improve with more experience. Be patient gang.

19. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

I have no idea what his contract is, but I was just thinking. Sometimes that's not a good thing.
    He lost the Jets, he lost Banks,he lost Simms and he lost listeners,
    If I owned the station I'd find a way to get him off air.
    Because if you don't you will be losing sponsors soon.
    Mad dog was right to leave.

#1199 TheCleaner, Oct 6, 2013
  20. Mitch_Dumstein

Good points

was in the car and listened to the fat pantload Sunday morning....During that 45 minutes, the pompous fat bore covered NO Sunday games...spent 11 minutes repeating his cryptic BS story NOT explaining why Phil Simms apparently told him to take his fat ass and jump off a bridge and then nearly a full 25 minutes rambling like the rainman and repeating himself EIGHT times (actually counted em this time) on the critical issue of 3 preseason games vs four and two additional playoff teams that 1) nobody gives a crap about and 2) only this fat turd thinks will "destroy the NFL"

At least B and C are often funny and even entertaining

#1200 Mitch_Dumstein, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.