24 hour rule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Going to observe it but I honestly didn't see anything we didn't already know today. The only people I came out down on were Ducasse and Ivory but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to sort it all out. Ivory didn't play and I'm down on him? Exactly.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Ivory didnt play. Its pretty simple, turnovers were the difference.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Mistakes mistakes mistakes mistakes.

Until the Jets start playing disciplined football they don't deserve to be considered a competitive team, no matter how good the defense is.

4. Br4d

I'll sign on this. 8-8 would be very nice though.

5. DanR

DanR Active Member

This 24 hour rule . . . is it new? I think its great idea and we all should follow it.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ivory is being true to his playing history. That is, injured. Goodson isn't here yet, Milliner is already injured again and Ducasse is Ducasse.

No surprises anywhere in that group so far. It is what it is regarding the 2013 Jets Roster.

7. VirAurum

VirAurum New Member

I went from thinking "Geno looks bad right now" to "Geno is a terrible QB with no hope."

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

He's a rookie. He's going to look bad at times. To expect any different is setting unrealistic expectations.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm down on Geno but I understand that he's a rookie and I felt like he stalled on the progress he was making the last 3 weeks. I hope by mid season that he starts to dramatically cut down on the turnovers.

10. Br4d

Geno is getting some yardage on his throws. Most of the numbers look bad but he's averaging 8.0 yards per pass attempt and that's probably the most important indicator right now of where he might wind up.

Yeah, he's got turnover numbers that look like the Manning brothers rookie years early on, but he's also picking up real chunk yardage which is something that most rookies cannot do until the game really slows down for them later on in the year.

Not going to bother posting the Manning brothers early stats but they were as confused or more as Geno is right now and they weren't getting the kind of yardage he's getting right off the bat.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Gino was garbage but the offensive line had more holes than a strainer.

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Who's Gino?

13. Mitch_Dumstein

Goodson returns this week

hopefully Holmes and Hill are OK to play too. Time for Winters to replace Ducasse at LG

I'm hoping the Falcons will be so worn out after they thrash the Patriots tonight and beat Brady to a pulp that they will have a let down next game against the Jets

14. Mitch_Dumstein

I'm going with the 72 hour rule

I'll let the "fire everybody" posters have their way until Wednesday

15. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

We all say what we really think after the Jets lose like this. We just don't have to guts at any other time.

16. Falco21

Yeah, this makes a ton of sense LMAO :rofl:

It's the complete opposite. Everyone makes comments in the spur of the moment because they are pissed and frustrated. The calm and collected comments come a couple days after the loss.

17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Geno Smith has played FOUR games in an NFL style offense - NONE in college. We need to be very patient. The good signs are that he has made some really big boy plays in every game so far.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Geno is on pace to throw 32 INTs this season.

And I should just shut the hell up on this? Wow?

19. Br4d

At this point in his career Peyton Manning was on pace to throw 44 INT's in his rookie year, he wound up at 28.

So yes, shut up about it for the time being. The Jets are force-feeding Geno Smith in a pass-oriented offense with a turnstile at LG and a bunch of receivers who all have one issue or another they are dealing with themselves.

20. Falco21

WTF is wrong with you people eating Geno alive for turnovers?! I get it, he has thrown a lot of interceptions, but he is in his 4th ever start in the NFL!! What do you expect? We all knew he was not another RGIII or Andrew Luck coming out of the draft and we all knew we were in a rebuilding year, so why is this such a surprise!? The kid has a short term memory and has been throwing a TON under Marty's offense. Cut him some slack man. He's a rookie playing on a rebuilding team with not much talent on the offensive side of the ball. Let him get his reps in and keep picking at it and let's see where we are later in the year!

You people would have thrown Manning out the window with the way he played his rookie year. Jesus