Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Were you paying attention during training camp and pre season?

Same old Sanchez

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I just can't believe the attention some of you guys give this guy. He might be better than we thought because of his offensive coordinators? Are you serious? He came out in 2013 and throws a pick six instantly. ON A SCREEN YET AGAIN!

I just don't get it. Let it go and move forward. Everyone in this organization is and half the fan base is. The rest of you are being left behind in your fantasy world where Mark Sanchez is a good quarterback and will win us a championship.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Hahaha I said "might" and I said "be better than YOU think". Since you guys think so poorly of him, I am most likely correct. I haven't been in this thread for awhile, but I too agree, it is pointless now. Mark is done in New York.

4. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

as bad as Marks #'s were in Pre season, they were much better than Geno's... What does that say abt Geno then???

When ppl say watching, its tricky word. Some ppl watch stats, some watch Qb's, some watch receiver routes, oline blocking etc.

During this past pre season Sanchez was doing a lot better than 2012 season, and out played Smith easily.

Here is MM statement AFTER the GIANTS game about Mark:
    "He’s done as much and more than I’ve asked him to do," Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said last week. "He’s done a nice job now. He’s had an excellent training camp. He’s played well, certainly in segments, during the preseason, so he’s had a good camp. You get better every day."

If our Offense Coordinator was pleased with Sanchez' play, then lets trim some of this uncalled for negativity such as Sanchez cant make MM 's WC throws, or did you watch the pre season.

The guy is on the sidelines helping Geno, cheering him on and YET our so called fans are still bashing him. What kind of fans do we have??? Get over it #6 is likely done here...

5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Why doesn't someone just close this forum??

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

17,509 posts... That's why its still open.

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Jets fans love bashing , especially our own.....warranted or not :wink:

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

In pass protection Ducasse is perilously close to turnstile status. He's a LG. That's going to bite the Jets in the ass at some point, hopefully not with Geno taken off the field on a stretcher.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Did I not just read somewhere that the Jets have had the most time in the pocket than any other QB in the NFL?

I will try to find it.

10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

image removed

#17510 Jay Bizniss, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
  11. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Hope the language doesn't offend anybody, but its pretty funny.. Mods don't ban me.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's funny?

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lol as a black man I approve.

But seriously Mark has been a good teammate. Kudos to him in this tough time.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Big plays are being generated because of it. We just need to score more TDs. Penalties, dropped passes have been killing us. Geno must also continue to work on his footwork.

But yeah find the link if you can.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

1) that was your point?

There are a million examples of him turning it over and us winning. Do we really need to waste that time posting it?

2) I wasn't talking about his first 3 games, I was talking about his career and in his first 3 games:

at Hou: running out clock w/ big lead
    vs. NE: led us to 13 2nd half pts for win
    vs. ten: after trailing 17-14 in 3rd led us to 10 straight pts for win.

4) It was a bad play that we got lucky w/. He wasted too much time deciding to run then running. We would have needed a quick sideline pass w/ TB guarding the sidelines. It worked out but it was not a good decision.

5)sorry, his terrible moments came in the 3rd but as the game was nearing the end he started struggling and had a big TO after looking really good through 2 + qtrs.

6) 2009, 2010 and 2011 Sanchez we could have won championships w/. can we win a championship w/ Geno? I hope so.
    I saw a different Mark this preseason, I tend not to take too much out of preseason but he looked different even though he still had some TOs learning a new system. We saw open receivers which we rarely saw a year ago and he looked confident.

we'll never know but I believe we'd be 3-0 w/ him.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't know how you can say Sanchez easily "outplayed" Smith. The simple fact that he even had to compete for the starting job he's held for 4 years says a lot...and if not for his two playoff runs and his healthy contract he may not have even been in camp. Throwing a pick6 to a DE on his first pass didn't exactly win over his critics...

Would it have been interesting to see if he could improve under Morningwheg? Before he got hurt, I talked to a qb who played in MM's system for years about just that. His opinion was that Sanchez can't make the throws that are a big part of the system that MM runs. In 2011 on passes over 21 yards he went 4 of 20 for 109 yards and a 1 TD/3 INT/26.9 rating in the 1st 7 games. What that rather successful qb said made me realize that McElroy wouldn't look any better under Marty's offense either. Fact is, they both lack the arm to drive the ball downfield effectively, especially on throws outside the numbers.

Geno has shown he can put the ball on receivers in stride and give them the opportunity to make yardage after. Holmes has said pretty much the same thing.

It doesn't matter at this point anyway. Sanchez got injured thanks to a dumb decision by Rex. Until he's healthy and gets to play we'll never know.

17. nyjunc

what the competition said was that we had a new GM who drafted a QB that he wanted to play- nothing more. Mark outplayed him w/o a doubt and would be starting if he was healthy.

Geno has played very well at times but our offensive success has much more to do w/ the new OC and the improved talent around the QB than the QB itself.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez played himself out of a job with the pick-6 against the Lions. He might well not have ever had a real opportunity to win the job, barring a great camp, but he lost what little chance he had by reminding the Jets of exactly why they wanted to replace him.

19. nyjunc

No he didn't, he was starting until he got hurt. If Geno doesn't get hurt in Detroit then maybe Geno could have beaten him out but w/ what they both did on the field it was obvious who won the competition.

Idzike wanted to replace Mark b/c he is a new GM and wanted to put his stamp on the team.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

If Sanchez was good Idzik doesn't draft Geno.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.