Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I lame the D for allowing TB to take the lead.

The D shut down NE in the 2nd half and didn't allow any late scores, same thing vs. Buf and all 3 weeks they were put in bad situations each week.

Bad things happen, it didn't mean he had to throw 3 4th qtr INTs including one in FG range.

each situation is different.

The Broncos game is no different? really? I must have missed the 95 yd drive in the final minute to lose the game for us on Sunday.

How meant TOs did Mark have in much worse conditions than that NE game in week 2? The weather wasn't why geno threw 3 picks b/c he was playing very well in the rain prior to the 4th qtr.

I am NOT anti-Geno, I am HAPPY w/ his play overall so far but w/ a vet who is a winner I think we would be 3-0. Maybe we'd be 0-3? we'll never know but I think we'd be 3-0.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Those interceptions may have helped us beat them by 20 instead of 4. The dropped TD cost us the game.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The defense still gave up a TD due to penalties, it maybe a different situation but it was the same result. The W/L column may of been different, but we were fortune to have a QB / WR make a play late.

Your previous post, all I see is Geno did this Geno did that, but you fail to bring up anything else, no other factors. You defend Sanchez and bring up all the other issues, but not with Geno?

You are contradicting yourself. We all know you know your shit but you have to bring up all the factors that played a role. You did so with Sanchez, you will need to do so with Geno.

Even Rex said, he blamed Geno on one of the interceptions in the Patriots game.

4. nyjunc

The dropped TD was early, we had plenty of time to overcome it.

5. nyjunc

after Marks INT for a TD to tie the game he led us on a FG drive to give us the lead back. The D then allowed a QB who can't throw a football(usually such a good combo!) to go 95 yds in the final minutes.

How in the world is that similar to what happened on Sunday?

I am not contradicting anything, I have said over and over I am happy w/ Geno so far but this notion that Geno is the reason we are 2-1 is silly. There are so many factors and Geno isn't near the top of those. I am happy but I think we'd be 3-0 w/ Mark.

rex tries to keep his players confident, he has a young QB who he wants to build up. Don't tust anything he says when evaluating players in public.

I am evaluating the same way. Week 1 I blamed the D for blowing the lead but since then the D has been great despite a million TOs putting them in bad spots.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Comparing Sanchez as a rookie to Geno as a rookie is absurd at this point. The sample size is way to small. What is absolutely clear is the Jets had the No. 1 rushing O in the league in both yards and attempts and averaged 5 yards per. We also had the 31st ranked passing O in yards and 32nd in attempts.

This year we are passing way more, our running game is a shadow of what Sanchez had as a rookie.

What is very obvious is the current OC believes Geno is way better than the Jets OC in 09 thought Sanchez was. Geno is throwing the ball way more and his running game isn't close to as good. When Sanchez was a rookie he ranked dead last in attempts and 31st in total yards.

Geno is being asked to do way more than Sanchez was asked to do as a rookie. That may be by design, it may be because of the talent? Regardless you simply can't compare Sanchez as a rookie to Geno at this point. Geno has way more responsibility and to few attempts to draw any real conclusions.

To answer the original thread. Sanchez like all shitty QB's who hang around has shown flashes but he has generally sucked.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Doesn't matter, those were the points we lost by and if he held it we win. Everything else that happened would have only been points to pad the score.

8. nyjunc

I love when people crack out the stats blindly. Our run game was NOT good during that 3-0 start in 2009 but b/c of some garbage time "big" runs it skewed #s so everyone thinks the run game carried us.

The current OC is very different than the old OC, the current OC would be doing the same thing w/ Mark '09.

Please give us more meaningless stats, maybe you should watch the Jets instead of your giants and you'd have little bit of a clue.

9. nyjunc

we have no idea if we holds on to it if we win or not. The game changes, situations are different, playcalls are different. That is such a silly thing to say.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Huh?

A million TOs? Are those stats accurate or meaningless?

Sanchez can't make the throws required in MM's system.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha on this edition of "as the junc turns"

holy fucking double standard batman

12. nyjunc

where? please explain. where is the double standard?

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

You fail to acknowledge the positives (that FAR outweigh the negatives) that Geno has showed so far. You defend Sanchez, who is was the most turnover prone QB during the time that he was a starter. Then when Geno throws 6 picks in his very first 3 games (in which the OC is clearly asking Geno to do much more), you make it out like he is killing this team with "a million" turnovers.

Fact is, Geno has been very good outside of 3-5 throws a game.

14. nyjunc

I did? I have said over and over and over again how happy I am w/ Geno so far so there goes that lie.

It's a fact his TOs have hurt us, the team was able to overcome in the 2 wins but not in the loss.

geno was very good in the 2nd half og the TB game
    He was very good through 3 qtrs. in NE
    he was very good the first half of Buf.

he's a rookie, he's going to look very good at times and very bad at times.

15. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

1) You said "So Mark never overcame TOs to win?" I showed not really, how we lost the games really has no meaning because we are questioning if we overcame his turnovers to win, which we did not a lot actually. If you want to talk how we lost, that's a different argument and point.

2) You said "sanchez would save his best for last." Second half INTs is a not a great way to show this. So I looked at all the throws he made in the 4th quarter of his first 3 games. It showed he did not save his best for last. If you want to argue 2nd half play in gerenal, that's a different argument and point.

4) He got positive yards on a run and got out. I know we got lucky, but it isn't a bad play. Get yards, get out. He did both. This is opinion on both our parts, so whatever chalk it up to disagreement.

5) You said "he was on his way to another terrible 4th qtr." He was not, he only threw 2 4th quater passes that come up in the statline before the Holmes TD. If you want to talk second half, that's a different argument.

6) I compared 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 Sanchez. The fact is there are too many Sanchez's to really know what we get. You also can't throw out 2012 because it impacted him mentally. You can throw out the stats you want, but you have no idea how it affected him mentally and his game. What we know from Sanchez is that bad things have generally rolled into worse things for him the last 2 years. So there really is no way to say how we would do with Sanchez because we have no idea what Sanchez we are getting. It's been a main problem with him, his inconsistency.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Our OL this year has graded out by SI as the 27th best in pass protection this year through 3 games. Giving up the 6th highest percentage of pressures in the league with a pressure on 31.5% of passing plays. Compare that to our worst pass protection year in the last 4 years of 2011 where we gave up 12 least pressures and 5th least QB hits. Part of that obviously is our change in focus in becoming a pass first team but still 27th is not a good pass protection anyway you look at it.

#17497 Noam, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  18. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

They will get better as will Genos numbers. Sanchez got progressively worse even in his rookie year. Geno clearly improves each game

19. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Is this thread really still going? Lol

The guy is on the IR right now and probably won't take another snap as a Jet quarterback. Why is he still a discussion? Lol ridiculous

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez has only had 2 offensive coordinators: Brian Schottenheimer and Tony Sparano.

Judging by tonight, Sanchez as a player, might be better than you guys think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.