Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

TNJet, check this out and tell me what you think:

Q: Why is Halloween a Tennessee hillbilly's favorite holiday?

A: Because they like to pump kin.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Or this one:

Q: How can a Tennessee Hillbilly tell his sister has her period?

A: Because his father's dick tastes like blood.

_

3. Mitch_Dumstein

Meanwhile back on topic

Three games complete for Smith as a rook QB

Many, many passes including a dozen or more screen passes, not a single one "Sanchezed" to a lineman for a pick six.

4. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Except for the one in his first game!

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Geno is on pace for 32 INTs and 37 TOs
    Mark had 33 INts combined his first 2 years and 37 TOs combined his first 2 years

6. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Lmao @ fans comparing a real DIME throw from Sanchez, vs a good pass by Geno.

The best part of Geno's Pass is Santonio Holmes not reacting to the ball and not letting the defender have a clue that the pass is coming his way. In actuality that Pass is easily defended or picked off if Holmes reacts to the pass.

Sanchez Pass is in a tighter window, obviously in between 2 defenders and the sidelines in a PRESSURE situation. Simply uncomparable...

On the Holmes CATCH there is single coverage on the opposite also, and if checkout a few Camera angles you will see options to throw. This coordinator and offense compared to what Sanchez had last year is much better.

It's 3 games and Geno's numbers are nothing to brag abt LOL. Maybe if we say we 13 more games to go before we get excited will make sense.

Ino I think Geno's is playing like a qb who needed to sit and learn, but let's see the season unfold.

7. BookEndTackles 72&79

Has Geno had a pass batted away at the line of scrimmage yet??? I can't recall. That was a common occurence with Sanchez due to his type of delivery.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^ Stokes, what's with the Keith Olberman shit?

:wink:

Ewww Counselor, a tad too heavy-handed imo.

Humor, particularly "refined" incestual humor is a nuanced art requiring the use of subtle devices such as--in this case--a cheeky 'jeu de mots' ("pump kin") in order to properly frame these tender and romantic type subjects.

You on the other hand--you brute!--obviously hail from "The Aristocrat Joke" school of delivery.

back on-topic:

So many things we haven't yet covered in this thread that I want to address.....where to begin?

#17408 joe, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That guy gets what he deserves. Most useless poster on the board and it only took me a few months to figure it out.

Actually have never seen The Aristocrats I am ashamed to say. I see more movies than anyone I know and my friends can't believe I haven't seen it. Given my penchant for off-color humor.

_

10. nyjunc

But you have seen the Aristocats

[​IMG]

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

It's not so much you haven't "seen" it but that you hadn't heard it instead:

[youtube]dnbHGmd8XNE[/youtube]

12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

3 game "paces" will always be skewed and irrelevant in debate. Peyton Manning is an all-time great quarterback, but he isn't going to throw for 64 TD, 0 INT and over 6,000 yards like he's "on pace" for. Another fun stat for you: last year Mark Sanchez threw 5 passes that gained 40+ yards. On Sunday alone, Geno completed 4.

13. nyjunc

Peyton has a career to look back on, Geno has only played 3 games. he's played well at times and not so well at other times as we expected.

Last year Chaz Schilens was starting and Tony Sparano was his OC w/ a mediocre OL and run game. Apples to oranges, I am fully confident we'd be 3-0 w/ Mark right now w/ the improved talent and coaching but Mark is hurt and Geno is learning on the job.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sorry 1968 but i have to agree with stokes on this one. i cant fathom that you guys talked for 3 pages about it since yesterday though.....

hey junc that doesnt lessen the suck that is mark sanchez, lets all get back on topic, this is the mark sanchez sucks.... just sucks thread

15. Big Cat

I would deny that. The only problem that Geno has exhibited so far is a bad tendency to turn the ball over. Mark Sanchez REPEATEDLY displayed that tendency. The only difference is that Geno has found a way to overcome those turnovers through huge plays both with his legs (repeated 3rd down conversions vs Bucs and drawn penalty at end) and his arm (69 yard TD pass to Holmes in a tie game, late). Mark Sanchez never displayed the ability to make those dynamic, game changing plays. Yea, he can be an above average quarterback in this league, but if you're going to turn the ball over you need to be able to make a big play to compensate for it. In only 3 games, with an immense amount of room to grow, Geno has shown that ability (again, 4 40 yard plays Sunday), while in 4 YEARS, Sanchez never showed that.

16. nyjunc

So Mark never overcame TOs to win?

The biggest difference btw the 2 is that it seems geno gets worse as the game progresses where sanchez would save his best for last.

Again, new OC w/ more talent. Sanchez had a ton of 40+ yd plays his first 2 years then as he lost his only reliable deep threat in 2011(Edwards) and then had no talent in 2012 w/ Tony Sparano those #s went down. if mark was healthy now he'd have a bunch of 40+ yd plays this year too. That is the way Marty works.

now he gets credit b/c TB made a boneheaded play to set up the FG? Running was actually a mistake, he should have thrown it away and got lucky he was hit late.

He basically threw the Holmes pass up for grabs, that was mostly Holmes and he was on his way to another terrible 4th qtr.

I don't want to bash Geno, I am happy w/ him so far but let's not pretend he has been the difference. The difference has been:

New OC
    better OL
    better run game
    better weapons in pass game

I am 100% confident we'd be 3-0 w/ Mark right now.

17. Big Cat

I completely understand your desire to vehemently defend the guy who was the quarterback when he took our organization from mediocrity to 2 straight conference champs. games, I was the same way until the Titans game last year. Since then, I've realized why everyone bashed him in the first place. Even in the 2 years that he "led" us deep into the playoffs, he was mediocre at best. Actually, he was never "mediocre", since he never posted a season QBR of 50.0 or better, which indicates the league average QB. He actually had 1 season above 40. That's awful. His passer rating was never above 80 in a season. He never completed more than 57% of his passes. Never broke the 7 yards per attempt mark. So what changed between the amazing 2009 and 10 seasons and the next 2 years? Not Mark Sanchez. In 2009, the defense was ranked 1st in points allowed, and was 3rd in 2010. The next 2 seasons, it ranked 20th in points allowed consecutive times. I'm not claiming Geno Smith to be anything special after a 2-1 start, but what I'm saying is that your blind passionate defense of Mark Sanchez is unwarranted by any statistical or physical evaluation of his play.

18. Big Cat

Also, the throw to Holmes was an absolute dime, nowhere else he could have put it. And from the left hash to the right sideline, that's a ridiculously long throw.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

1) Not really, The Jets were 0-5 when Sanchez threw 2 INTs or more in a game in his rookie year. 1-2 his 2nd year. 1-4 his 3rd year. 1-3 his 4th year. In fact in his rookie year Mark threw for 6 TDs and 17 INTs in the Jets losses.

2) Sanchez had 1 fourth quarter comeback and 1 game winning drive in 2009, Geno has 1 and 2 according to pro football reference. Not really sure what you mean by late in the game so I went with comebacks. In his first game, Sanchez threw a pick 6 up 17 points to start the 4th quarter. In his 1st game, he had 4 passing attempts, 2/4 for 61 yards and a pick 6 in the 4th. In his seocnd game, Sanchez had 6 passing attempts, 4/5 with a sack and 29 yards in the 4th. IN his 3rd game, Sanchez threw a 4th quarter pick with the Jets up 7. So in Sanchez's 3 4th quarters, he led the Jets to 0 TDs, not sure how that was saving his best for last...

3) We will never know, speculation.

4) Running was smart if he went out, which he was doing. I give credit for Sanchez for heaving a ball up to Tone against Denver in 2010 and the Den DB grabbing Tone's facemask to set up 1st and goal and our eventually win. Forced a defender to make a play and then in turn got a mistake out of it.

5) Junc how was he on his way to bad 4th quarter when he was 1/2 with 6 yards and his 3rd pass getting a PI on the defense and the 4th pass being a 69 yard TD. He was not on his way to a bad 4th quarter, he had two passes, he was on his way to nothing. OHH and that was a great throw, it was not up for grabs, the DB had no clue where it was. He dropped it in there, wasn't even the best pass of the day though. The flea flicker to Hill was oh so close, the DB made a great timing play on that one.

6) Geno is a part of it, unless you are going to be irrational like the Sanchez hater and not acknowledge Geno's good play at times. That would be a funny twist of events though :grin:

7) Good for your confidence, I have no idea how we would be with Sanchez. Early Rookie Sanchez, probably 2-1. Late rookie season Sanchez, 0-3. 2010 beginning of the year Sanchez, 3-0, 2010 NE/MIA Sanchez, 1-2. 2011 beginning of the year Sanchez, 2-1. 2011 end of year Sanchez, 0-3. 2012 beginning year Sanchez 2-1. 2012 end of year Sanchez, 0-3 with a new QB coming into the 3rd game. It really depends. Good for your confidence, because it's irrational. The limited play we saw from Sanchez under MM showed us a QB who was still inconsistent and turnover prone, so there is no way to predict which Sanchez you are getting for the 3 games.

#17419 displacedfan, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  20. Big Cat

I'm actually not too much of a "Sanchez hater". Do I acknowledge that at times he played efficiently enough to win football games at an impressive clip? Of course; you're not going to get to the AFC championship game with Blaine Gabbert as your QB. He had some great 4th quarter performances in his sophomore season, and he had a great connection with Braylon. However, I have to acknowledge that a significant number of QBs in the league would have been better for the team, and Sanchez is simply not the kind of guy you want to build around as the future of your franchise if you want to consistently be competitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.