Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what throw has Geno made that Mark isn't capable of making?

Let's not go crazy over a bomb down the sideline needing to score a TD in the final seconds w/ no TOs w/ a perfect pass placed in btw 2 defenders. It's mindboggling the way you guys can never give any credit to Mark.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

to me a the throw that on its own merits beats the defense is always a better throw. both Geno's and the Braylon throw needed defensive mistakes to be completed. I don't think that minimizes the throw, it is just additional context to evaluate them.

but the Holmes throw beat the defense itself. that to me makes the throw the star of the play.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Apparently.

_

4. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not open, so he throws Holmes open on a dart across his body outside the numbers. Sanchez couldnt do this. Its nice to see some zip on intermediate throws outside the hashes.

[​IMG]

completed pass, first down.

5. nyjunc

You said throw not reads and when did Mark have that much time to make any reads last year? Geno has not made a single throw Mark hasn't completed in his career. I am happy w/ Geno(I'd still prefer mark but I am rooting for Geno which means if he plays well Mark never plays again). I hope he continues to improve and we continue to win.

By the way, show the clip not the stills so we can see the actual pass.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I did see the highlight of the Texans game...That is what I am talking about.

7. nyjunc

you may want to watch again if you think he was throwing to a wide open WR.

8. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

I dont have the video, I cant upload it. This is of the all 22. That throw Mark cant make anyways. Outside the hashes on a dart throwing a WR open on a comeback...nah...Sanchez never.

9. nyjunc

can't get a good idea w/o the video. The stills help us w/ the coverage but we need to see the throw.

10. JStokes

I'm the new guy here but don't you understand, if you make a declarative and definitive statment criticizing Sanchez, not matter how hyperbolic, it's automatically true?

Sanchez has NEVER looked off 3 reads then completed a pass for a first down in the over 1100 passes he has completed in NFL games that count.

NEVER.

Probably.

Because he's theworstQBinthehistoryofworldbuttfumblecoddlemopehotdogheadbandboogerpickersucksjustsucksherpderpblahblahblah.

_

11. nyjunc

:grin::rofl2::jets:

12. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

On a dart across his body with a CB on the back of the wideout?

Sanchez would never even attempt to make that throw. That's what's nice about Geno so far, he throws fearless.

13. JStokes

I know, he never has. Not ever once.

Probably.

_

14. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Hey if you'd prefer to be a wiseguy than talk football have at it hoss.

I'll engage people who enjoy talking the sport instead.

15. JStokes

I enjoy talking football and sports plenty, hoss.

Just not hyperbole.

Saying something has NEVER happened once in over 1100 tries is just not believable, but since you said it didn't, that should be good enough?

Don't tell me, Sanchez hater?

Got it.

_

16. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Using screen shots of all 22 is hyperbole? Someone said a few posts up that Sanchez's pass against the Texans was one of the top 20 passes he's ever seen. :rofl:

Geno's taking shots down the field. He's not afraid to sling it- over the course of Sanchez's 4 years rarely did I see him go through his progressions and throw a WR who wasnt open, open, on a comeback with a dart outside the numbers.

17. JStokes

Whoa whoa whoa I said nothing about the Geno pass OR the screen shots. I thought that was some damn fine work by you and I commend you for it.

Seriously.

I was talking about the "Sanchez has NEVER" hyperbole.

Just want to point out that in the last 5 minutes you went from NEVER to RARELY.

That was my point.

To be honest, I can't speak to a specific instance or instances--but it could have been once, a dozen, 50 times.

He completed over 1100 passes in NFL games that count--how do you say to a certitude that it NEVER happened.

I get that he's done and he sucks and folks hate him, but geez, can we stop with the hyperbole? The guy did throw a good pass every once in a while.

_

18. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

I apologize for the word never. The screenshots I borrowed btw from another site.

As nice as the Sanchez throw was against Houston- we have 4 years worth of Sanchez throws....and there's really only a handful you can pull out and say yeah...awesome pass. Our offense, specifically our passing offense has stunk.

19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Simply not true. In fact we even saw Sanchez make some great throws in preseason. That was (is) the problem with Sanchez he would make a great big time NFL throw then follow it up with a stinker. The inconsistency was Sanchez's problem.

20. JStokes

THAT'S it in a nutshell.

Sanchez has made really really good throws in virtually every game of his career.

He has also made really really REALLY putrid throws in virtually every game of his career.

What is it with folks here that have to resort to absolutes--Sanchez has NEVER thrown a pass like the one Geno did, Sanchez has NEVER looked off reads and thrown a dart for a first down, Sanchez has NEVER NEVER NEVER.

Yeah, he has.

He's also thrown the crap.

Trash Sanchez all you want--I'm not here to defend his time with the Jets.

He's done here, but let's not resort to revisionist history or hyperbole to deny he may have thrown a really good pass every now and then.

It's intellectually dishonest.

_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.