Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Pardon him, he's not really good at discussing all this foosball

[​IMG]

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

You placed no context on the word many, you used it in a vague context the way a politician uses the words so that they appear to many a great many. and Yes 8 to 10 REALLY good passes.

And maybe to a degree it's hyperb, but at least it's an honest subjective opinion.

BTW the next time you use stats you might want to double check them. It's one thing to make a mistake on obscure or complex statistical information, it's quite another to misquote quick Google checks, especially since you claim to be bored at work anyways. Perhaps cleaning your desk might be better use of your time?

Mark Did not complete over 1100 passes, he completed 1028. He did not throw over 75 TD's, he threw 68.

Again attempting to overstate, this however you did quote actual numbers, I'll give you that. Unfortunately they were completely wrong.

Lastly I don't hate Sanchez with every fiber of my body, I hate the fact that some people call him a good to great QB when in reality he is demonstrably the worst QB ever to start 4 consecutive seasons, for 75% or more of a teams schedule, since 1950.

Sanchez the person I have no opinion on, never met him and probably never will. Do I believe he belongs in the NFL, sure...as a backup. Have I ever said Mark Sanchez can NEVER be a good QB? No, but I have said that it's unlikely as history has shown that players seldom have the lights come on for them after 4 years as a starter..it happens occasionally but not often, But I have said if it does happen it won't be in a Jets uniform.

For someone ragging about "hyperbole of the very highest order" you sure seem to use a lot of hyperbole of it yourself.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

So, you don't count completions in the playoffs...as completions?

Or TD passes in the playoffs...as TDs?

Before you call someone out for double checking their facts, you might want to consider doing the same before looking foolish.

LOL, oh the irony of that statement.

Do you not understand what the word "subjective" means?

I mean, as it relates to the concept of "honesty".

_

4. JStokes

BTW, although I was told that there would be no math on this test, if my calculator is correct (I was cleaning off my desk as you suggested and found it), if you add up Sanchez's completions in the regulars season AND the playoffs (you know, when it counsts) he had OVER 1100 completions. I don't want to be exact so let's say approximately 1123.

And if you add up Sanchez's TD passes in the regular season AND the playoffs (you know, when it counts) he had OVER 75 TD passes. I don't want to be exact so let's say approximately 77.

Just so you know, I do not overstate when I make declarative statements.

That's what hyperbole is for.

_

5. 1968jetsfan

no, and neither does the NFL. They're separate statistics.

6. 1968jetsfan

Post season statistics are never blanketed to included in player stats, not by the Hall of Fame, the NFL, or any other statistical organization, unless it's also attributed with a footnote indicating the inclusion of post season games.

Again, an attempt to overstate by phrasing it one way but meaning it in a way that is not normally applied. That's lawyer doublespeak.

Post season stats are ALWAYS separated from regular season stats by all statistical reporting organizations and all statistical analysis unless including the disclaimer that it includes post season stats.

Which is pretty funny coming from a guy accusing the other side of dishonesty or misleading information.

7. 1968jetsfan

Guess we'd better call the Hall of Fame and tell them that the 508 Touchdowns for a career is wrong and it should be 552 touchdowns.

8. JStokes

Hahahaaaa we're talking about whether he has ever throw a pass as good as Geno, or whether he's thrown more than 8-10 great passes in his ENTIRE career and because the NFL breaks out stats--you're suggesting he doesn't get credit for some great passes in the playoffs?

Hahahahaaaaa.

Forget it, you got me. He never completed those passes in the playoffs, you're right. The NFL doesn't REALLY count them so they never happened.

LOL.

Let it go, we get it, you hate the guy, but we all acknowledge he's a goner.

You don't even have to admit the goof. It's the internet, it happens. Probably more so if you are driven by a hate filled agenda.

_

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I cant go through every post recently, just too much...So I'll ask Junc, are you ready to let Sanchez go and accept Geno? Do you like Geno's game?

10. 1968jetsfan

I do include those in the 15- 20 great passes he's made over 20 yards. You are again mixing things to misrepresent two completely different things.

One is subjective, the number of great passes, the other is objective and demonstrable, the number of completions and TD's. Apples and oranges and one has no correlation to the other, as much as you'd like them to.

You stated stats outside of their normal and accepted context without disclaiming that you were applying the statistics in a non traditional format that no major sports uses...

Again, you go in to hyperbolic statements about hate. Everything I've said about Sanchez, other than the 15-20 really good passes over his career, is demonstrable statistically and even conceded by people like yourself. There is no hatred, just recognition that he's demonstrably the worst QB in the NFL over the past 63 years to have started 4 consecutive seasons...maybe, if he gets another starting gig somewhere, not likely but possible, he'll move up the rankings.

Admit it, you tried to use stats in a unorthodox manner to make your position look better...or admit you mis-phrased it. but at least be honest enough not to try to blame me for the fact that the NFL and other major sports for not including post season stats in career stats.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Get this.

I wasn't dumping on a Jet player, I was dumping on a douchebag Sanchez fanboy.

There's a bunch of them here.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

[​IMG]

13. JStokes

You are really stretching the bounds of credulity here.

If Mark Sanchez threw ONE great pass in the playoffs then the OP that I started this discussion with was wrong.

That YOU decided that you're not going to look at a great passes in the playoffs because the NFL doesn't count them (ahem, they actually DO count them--you can look it up under the heading "Post Season") is just silly.

I misstated nothing. You chose to misunderstand the context of the argument because you hate Sanchez.

That's fine, you have PLENTY of ammo, but in this case you're using your "honest subjective opinion" and that is, to say the least, slanted.

_

14. JStokes

Thanks for that, still trying to figure out who the dicks are here.

_

15. JStokes

I'm confused.

Has Sanchez thrown 7 to 10 really good passes since this morning?

Or is it 7 to 10 great passes since this morning?

What changed your mind, went back and looked at tape?

At what point does your number stop creeping up and at what point does it become a full-fledged "bunch"?

Who's mixing things to misrepresent things?

You're starting to sound a tad foolish, let it go.

We get it, you hate Sanchez.

_

16. 1968jetsfan

Clearly you can't read, I said I DID include the playoffs in the 15-20 great passes he's made in his career. And again your not reading I've said the NFL does track post season stats and keep records of post season stats, but they ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE CAREER TOTALS.

Again, you are trying to confuse issues. And you are practicing "political" misdirection trying to paint it as hate. You're the one that misapplied the stats, not me. You would have been correct if you had stated that you were including post season stats in his career totals, however the NFL and no major sport includes post season stats in a players total career stats. Post season stats are kept in an official, but separate, category and when talking about career stats the accepted norm and assumption is that you are talking regular season stats, unless otherwise stated.

Again, admit you were either trying to misrepresent stats or that you failed to add the disclaimer (which I would accept as I have forgotten to add disclaimers from time to time myself, but your arguing the point as you are leads me to believe you intended to mislead and didn't expect to be caught at it). But don't blame me for the standard stat references as established by the NFL, NBA, MLB, and all major stat reporting institutions.

I didn't misunderstand the context of your argument, you presented your facts out of context. And if you'll notice I also called out the original poster on the zero great passes...hardly the act of a hater lol.

Admit it, you got caught stretching the truth and your just pissed.

17. 1968jetsfan

Again the great passes are a subjective viewpoint and I went back and watched some clips and adjusted my subjective viewpoint upwards as there were a few passes I had forgotten about and I'm sure there are a few more that I had forgotten about so I gave him the benefit of a doubt later on.

Again this is subjective and the 7-10 was what I recalled at the time I made that post. The objective data however is hard cold fact and I won't be changing my viewpoint on those any time soon as they have been verified and re-verified.

Subjective data, unlike objective hard data, is subject to memory revision as Subjective data is subject to perspective and memory, and at 51 years of age my memory isn't what it used to be. So I admit I short changed Sanchez slightly on the initial number of great passes, and also loosened the criteria a little bit on what a great pass is.

That does not change the fact that you were caught trying to inflate career stats by including numbers that are not usually included in a players career stats as set by the NFL, NBA, MLB, all the hall of fames, etc. Those are hard numbers and not subjective numbers.

Again, simply admit one of two things...you either intentionally tried to manipulate the numbers or you just forgot to add a disclaimer. At this point though it's pretty clear you were trying to manipulate the data since I've given you the easy out several times of the excuse of just forgetting to add the disclaimers.

But at the end of the story there are only two options for your misstatement. Either you were intentionally inflating data by including stats that are not normally included in a players career stats or you just forgot to add a disclaimer that it included post season stats.

Judging by your temper tantrum over the matter I'm betting the former and not the latter.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'm not looking to fight with the Sanchize gang, I already know it's like banging your head against the wall. They will never ever give it up for Mark. There will always be an excuse or a reason why Mark sucks but it's never his fault. It's either the coaching (3 OCs but to his fans it's their fault not Mark's), the OL, bad skill position players, etc. But there is one thing very clear. The team plays better without him. How would you like to be on defense and playing great football (like last season) and then the Qb makes a goofy ridiculous throw and takes the team out of the game, out of the season. Even though Geno has a Sanchezesque 3 and 6 (3 TDs and 6 picks) he's a breath of fresh air compared to Mark.

#17318 pclfan, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Q: Why have scientists started using lawyers for experiments instead of rats?

A: They don't become so attached to the lawyers.

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Mark has given us a few good games and 4 playoff Ws. Nothing to sneeze at you have to give him credit but no big deal, either. It's what's expected of a "franchise Qb." But just look at his four year totals: worst QBR in the NFL for a starting Qb. 52 turnovers the past two seasons. No playoffs for two straight years. The success he had earlier in his career isn't good enough to carry him forever. Even though some Sanchez fans (I won't call them Jets fans because they care more about Mark than winning) still want him to be the Jets starter. Time to go in a different direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.