Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I apologize but (i) I'm a lawyer and (ii) I can't stand revisionist hyperbole driven by an agenda.

The OP I was responding to said Sanchez had NEVER "dropped a dime" like Geno did--EVER. When it was pointed out that Sanchez had dropped plenty of pretty shiny new dimes just like Geno, the context of the conversation changed to beating the same old dead horse.

So I downgraded to nickels to point out the silliness of the hyperbole.

I could have gone euros, lire, punts, drachmas, francs, rubles, etc., but I thought nickels made the point.

WTF?!?

This hurts, man.

LOL.

_

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The true test for Geno will be to get rid of Holmes, Kerley and Winslow. Replace them with a few guys off the street. Don't resign D'brick and hire Dunbar as the OC.

Then ewe will see how good Geno really is.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Enjoy the fun! I will be swimming in your tears of anger all year!

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Sanchez sucked long before anyone replaced any of his receivers.

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

while Sanchez did have some great long passes to say he had a bunch of them would be as much of an overstatement as to say he had none like that would be an understatement of fact. Reality is in his career he had between 8 and 10 really good 20 yard plus throws..he had more plays that than over 20 yards by they were under throws that forced the receiver to stop or come back for the ball. There is a difference between a great throw and a great catch and just a long completion that if the ball was placed better would go for more yardage.

One thing I did notice in the clip was Sanchez was about 1 second slower getting rid of the ball than Smith was. That delay by sanchez allowed the Safety to swing over and prevent Braylon's touchdown....it was a very nice throw by Sanchez, but it was late.

6. 1968jetsfan

have to wait till his 4th season though :p

The problem is Mark never developed, he never took the next step and continued to make just dumb reads and bad plays. He had his bright spots to be sure, but the bad outweighed the good because he never progressed.

Geno has shown both promise and bad things 3 games in to his rookie year. He will probably end the season with more interceptions than TD's. The questions are does he progress during the season and if so does he continue to take the next steps and develop and improve in seasons 2, 3 and possibly 4. There's no way to predict whether the game will click for him or not.

he's got the tools, but then so did Sanchez and 100's of other's before him. The question is if he progresses and develops or flatlines quickly.

7. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Well said just cuz two parted from point A doesnt mean progress is equal one clearly didnt , another we will see

8. JStokes

So by watching a youtube clip you've determined that his release was "about" 1 second slower? Allowing the safety to swing over?

Sounds incredibly scientific and precise.

Thank you for your non-agenda driven analysis, you've totally convinced me.

_

9. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

10. 1968jetsfan

Ummm, yeah...you can clock it and you can watch it and visually see it. It's all there on the screen. I've already discussed the objective stuff to the point of nausea in this thread.

All I can say is watch the video and you will see it.

11. JStokes

LOL, so the fact that Sanchez looked down the middle of the field for an instant BEFORE throwing to Braylon and the fact that Geno looked only at Holmes didn't enter into your little science experiment?

That didn't account for "about" 1 second?

Yeah, I've watched the video, I saw it.

Both great throws, no reason on Gods green earth to criticize either one of them.

Unless you hate a player with every fiber of your being.

Like I said, I don't hate ANY Jet. I understand you do and take that into account when you discuss certain payers.

It's ok, it's the internet.

_

12. JStokes

And while we're on the subjective subject of hating Sanchez, who appointed YOU the arbiter of what a "bunch" constitutes.

Alleycat--you might want to skip over this post--it may frustrate you.

1968--if you are going to criticize my semantics, please be accurate and understand context when doing so.

A bunch is a very subjective term--a "bunch" of bananas could mean 6 or 7 whilst a "bunch" of grapes could mean 40 or 60.

When I said a "bunch" I did so for a very specific reason--I didn't say "dozens" which would have meant at least 24, I didn't say "exactly 30", I didn't use a declarative statement that could be pinned down then scientifically refuted.

I said a "bunch". Was it 5? 10? 30? Don't know the exact number but I recall 2009 and 2010 being pretty thrilled at--I'll say it again--a "bunch" of his throws. Not even including the woeful 2011 or the absolute pfailure that was 2012.

The OP that I was discussing this with suggested Geno's ONE throw was better than Sanchez had ever thrown.

Meaning Sanchez had thrown zero--if my math is correct.

You now say "Reality is in his career he had between 8 and 10 really good 20 yard plus throws"--and you prefaced it with the word "Reality".

That's "Reality" for someone who hates the player with every fiber in his being.

Let's be clear.

Mark Sanchez sucks and is done in New York. He has throw a multitude of awful passes, incredibly stupid passes, even many of his completions were awful, off line, behind, high, low, saved by receivers type passes.

But he completed over 1100 passes with over 75 TD passes.

To say that "Reality is in his career he had between 8 and 10 really good 20 yard plus throws" is agenda driven hyperbole of the very highest order.

Good day, Sir!

_

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i actually have no issue with that post, i thought it was a good one.

14. JStokes

Not even the "whilst"?

:grin:

_

15. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I think that crushing hit in Pitt in 2012 is what really did him in. That was definitely the beginning of the end cause he was hearing footsteps when there was none.

^hater

I'd prefer to not have to keep dictionary.com open in a separate tab while reading a football message board. I thought this was a bunch of dumb beer drinking guys talking about a sports team...

:drunk:

(j/k)

16. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're not "douching it up" anymore.

17. JStokes

When you say " a bunch", exactly how many are we talking about?

:rofl:

_

18. JStokes

Apologies, I was a bit bored at work.

Idle minds, as it were.

_

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...whilst throwing a bunch of interceptions, usually preceded by a bunch of useless pump fakes and ball slaps,

Now there's over 17,000 posts in this thread about a injured quarterback who hasn't played a good game in a long time.

Relatively, that's a shit load...

20. JStokes

Which part of my post did you fail to read? This one perhaps?

Oh I see, you needed another opportunity to dump on a Jet player.

Got it.

_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.