Santonio Holmes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Sep 22, 2013.

1. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

I feel like any chance for this team to be decent got completely fucked after he got hurt last year, especially right after he pretty much won the game against Miami. If he plays like this that will help Geno a lot

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

People are still talking about cutting Holmes, WTF? If he keeps up this pace, we're in VERY good shape and he isn't going anywhere. Good players should get good money. I know everyone thinks he's overpaid, and based on his injury and 2011 production they are correct, but if he steps it up this year like he seemed to at the beginning of last year, Holmes will most certainly be on the roster, no matter how much it angers some of you. Holmes did restructure this year, did he not? He hasn't done anything wrong at all since 2011, peeps need to chill with the whole "cancer" talk. It's slander and nothing more.

3. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but if Santonio continues to produce anywhere near that level for the majority of the remaining season...we've got to pay him again, (that's a really wtf/never thought I'd be typing that sentence.) Yesterday was the first time seeing the Santonio that got us out of so many jams eventually leading to 2 AFCCG's and as has been mentioned you shouldn't take that away from a 2nd year QB if you don't absolutely have to.

Hill proved yesterday that he's the prototypical #1 for the future that we've been looking for. He might not turn into Megatron due to worse hands/less physicality/lower vertical or whatever knock you want to put on him but there's nothing wrong with having a poor man's version of that as your highlight receiver. That can still work out to being one of the better receivers in the league. The point is Hill and Kerley lock down 2 needed WR prototypes so there is no need to hurry to draft the 3rd when that major draft investment is needed elsewhere (te/olb/ol/s). If Holmes can produce consistently enough this year then we should overpay him yet again to hold down the fort for another year or two.

4. DanR

DanR Active Member

[​IMG]

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Disregard, he is the biggest homer on TGG.

6. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Lol off topic but I watched that fight live and made that exact same face when that judge scored it a draw.

7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Don't wanna jump to conclusions after 1 great game. If he keeps it up I say we keep him sure. But if he is up and down all year I def think we cut him, save the money and go WR in the draft.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It's week three, let's think about how he might be a key for us to have a successful season this season rather than whether he should stay for next year or not.

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Hill also looked like a num 1 Wr against the Bills last year then went on to do nothing, He cost us wins against the Pats 2 seasons in a row, Im not impressed in the smallest way by Stephen Hill we need to see that kind of play against the better teams. Hill has proven nothing just yet .Guy had 3 catches

10. PolygamyWinsChampionships

He probably would've had a 4th completion for another 50 yarder if he didn't draw that PI late. The only remotely negative thing he's done through 3 games is not secure the ball well enough and got unlucky to have it kicked out for a fumble against the Pats. Can't believe people are still shitting on him like this after he was so explosive yesterday.

I agree that he needs to continue showing up against better defenses, but the production has been there through three games, the measurables have always been there, and his hands are vastly improved from last year. Until he stops catching the football or creating production, people need to give it a rest on Hill. He's 2nd in catches from all WR's in his draft class this season, and 1st in yards (by 80). No respect at all, seriously?

11. PolygamyWinsChampionships

Maybe, maybe not. Definitely happy that I'm not delusional enough to think that an alien race from the 9th dimension controls every position of power in the world, though.

12. abyzmul

I must have a new fan. Don't make junc jealous. He wants the most fans.

He may force me out and I'll end up posting on some forum filled with brainless dipshits trying to build a new community by sabotaging other forums with cheap and dickless tactics.

#52 abyzmul, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  13. PolygamyWinsChampionships

Maybe the aliens have chosen you to lead a TGG supercult fraternity to make up the next generation of lizard shape shifting world leaders and the forum will serve as our Bilderburg group?

14. abyzmul

I just need a stringy little bitch that looks like Harry Potter as my first lieutenant to help my cause.

I wonder where I could find such a recruit...

15. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Holmes really can preform well when there's someone to get the ball to him.

16. PolygamyWinsChampionships

Wish I could help you out on that, haven't noticed anyone that looks like that recently. If you find someone though, I think your first order of business should be to tap into the Jet's organizations brainwaves to make them start Matt Simms so he can get started on putting Tom Brady to shame.

17. abyzmul

I think we both know that I have already won.

So back on topic, Holmes has had an excellent game against a less than stellar secondary.

The question is whether or not Holmes just became healthy or maybe just that he found some shitty corners to play against.

Is Holmes really as good as his performance this week? This was a career high against backups.

He might as well have been playing in the fourth game of the preseason.

18. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I have been hard on Holmes but maybe it was Dirty's fault. Now that we have someone who can actually throw the ball to him, I see no reason not to keep him.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That is soooo true.

20. PolygamyWinsChampionships

I think you're slightly less schizophrenic than your average nutcase, but yeah if the prize is an eventual straight jacket then you're the likely winner. Guess that trumps my appearance not matching your description.

Back on topic, Holmes will either continue to play well and be worth overpaying next year or this game will go down as an aberration against a weak secondary. The latter would appear to be the sucker's bet at the moment. Kind of like Simms becoming a champion QB.