The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Pretty remarkable what he has done the 1st 3 games in a pass 1st offense carrying the offense pretty much by himself. Today he was backed up all day by penalties. But he fights back. When he threw the 1st INT he fought back with a TD the next series. When the D gave up on tying TD on arguably the most disheartening defensive series I have ever seen he came right back with a TD.

The kid has heart and fights back. That is so impressive. He has accuracy and actually hits receivers in the hands. Even on his 1st INT he placed the ball perfect away from the corner but he never saw Leonard.

i am not going to crown him to soon but he has put together 3 very impressive games. He could be the guy we have been waiting for the last 40 years.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

That throw to Holmes was perfect execution.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Geno looks very good for it being only his third start. I'm impressed with how he attacks down the field and doesn't settle for the checkdown pass.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If Geno can eliminate being late with his throws, we may have something as he does not make many bad decisions. So far all of his INTs have been good reads with poor, specifically late, throws.

5. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last time a Jet receiver was hit IN STRIDE
    with a pass laid right in there

BTW, Holmes should've had another TD,
    He stumbled catching one
    earlier in the game

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Smith adds a big play element to this team that it has not had since Testaverde. And the offensive system is putting pressure on him to carry the offense. Today was a very encouraging day.

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He's getting better every week.

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

he threw some beauties, 1 duck and a couple head scratchers but he looked good

9. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

Besides the interceptions, today was an ideal showing from a rookie QB making his 3rd start. WR's played excellent today, as well.

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I know its just 3 games but I remember people vowing EJ Manuel would be the better QB than Geno Smith. Wut?

11. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Smith sure looked like an answer today and the Simms talk will likely end, thankfully, for a while now.

12. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

He made some gorgeous throws today other than the picks, which he'll learn (hopefully) to cut down on. The pass to Holmes was amazing. He looked confident, thanks to a perfect o-line and knew when to throw away and didn't tuck like Dumbass Sanchez

13. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Definitely impressed by his play today. I hope he continues to improve.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he played very well today. he stepped up into pressure and took some hits while delivering the ball to the receiver.

he threw a pass to hill i believe that was perfect, it was behind him but for a reason it was behind him because the guy broke on the ball and would ahve either been interecepted or blown up if it were in front of him. geno put it on the back shoulder and stopped him so he avoided the breaking defender. THOSE are the type of throws i love to see.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It was a slant to Hill if I remember correctly. It was in a zone and Jimmy was ahead of Hill looking for hit but he threw behind Hill and Hill didn't get hit and went to ground making the catch without getting popped.

I also like how Geno is aware enough to change his throws to his FB. He tosses soft passes to Tommy to make it easy on him

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Probably Geno's best pass of the night made me go like 'whoa' was the deep pass to Hill that was batted down. He has a arm if he lets it release in full strength

17. alleycat9

thats the play. it was so nice to see a qb put the ball where it is supposed to be.

18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

...then we look at Manuel and he is throwing wobblers down the field and then throwing fastballs to guys 5 yards away. Manuel reminds me of the next Vince Young...

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There was also the screen play that was going to get blown up where Geno grounded the ball and not only prevented a loss but also kept his receiver from getting creamed in the process.

That's the kind of situational awareness that Jets QB's have rarely flashed since Chad left town.

20. alleycat9

absolutely, and he threw a couple of passes away outside the pocket instead of forcing it.

he has quite a bit of work to do but i see things in him that make me really happy at times.