2013 Week 3- Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Sep 13, 2013.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Look you're a twat so I'll keep this short for you

Total Yards Per Game Allowed
    Bills 369.5
    Jets 241.0

Passing Yards Per Game Allowed
    Bills 228.0
    Jets 181.5

Rush Yards Per Game Allowed
    Bills 141.5
    Jets 59.5

Points Per Game Allowed
    Bills 23.0
    Jets 15.0

Third Down Conversion % Allowed
    Bills 50.0
    Jets 29.4

The Bills are not and will not be an elite Defensive team ever.
    You're not in our league, now please fuck off

2. tcw722

tcw722 Member

Trolls aren't interested in facts.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It's only been 2 weeks, not sure how much stock can be put into stats right now. I think Pettine will make that defense very solid. I think our D will be better, but theirs is nothing to scoff at imo. I'm expecting a 9-6 ballgame tmrw, both Pettine and RR eat rookie QBs alive. Their offense is slightly more talented than ours, and our defense is slightly more talented than theirs. We'll see what happens, could be ugly tomorrow if you need offense to be entertained.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Yeah it has been pretty horrible having bad qb's and still being better than the Bills.

I won't say anything so stupid as claiming the Bills have drafted bust QB's. It is plainly obvious they are just so shitty an organization that the Bills have simply ruined good prospects.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Okay. Your "mother" was raped by a mad cow and somehow it's offspring grew fingers and learned how to almost post about football.

That's the only reason for your existence here, which embarrasses even Bills fans.

6. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

7. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I'm done here, see you all after the game.

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

EJ threw a pick on the winning drive last week that was called back because of a stupid and needless PI penalty by Kueckly. That mistake was as bad or worse as the PF by Tampa on Smith is the first game that led to the Jets win. Without that needless penalty, Manuel throws 0 TDs and 2 picks and nobody is genuflecting to him. But because the Bills are not the Jets, the media ignored this incredibly lucky break. Throw in the blown coverage on the winning TD pass, which was a joke, and I'm not sure I'm getting the EJ love thing right now.

9. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

We drafted JP Losman and Trent Edwards high since Kelly and Edwards was a 3rd rounder so he wasn't really looked at as a franchise QB. Exactly what prospects did we "ruin"?

10. gustoonarmy

Deluded much?

The Bills mean so little to us we don't even have an emoticon for them
    :jets:

11. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

In all fairness without that penalty Stevie's momentum isn't stopped and that is likely a completion. So saying that throw was intercepted is a far reach. The throw was money. But thank God it worked out the way it did because we probably wouldn't have had enough time to run up, get set and stop the clock in time.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Talk about people in glass houses throwing stones!! The Bills rarely even bothered to draft QBs until this year and when they have its been a disaster- Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Todd Collins.

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

That PI penalty was the entire game and without it, the Bills lose. Period. Plus that was a desperation pass thrown into quadruple coverage. The call was the break of the year for the Bills and much bigger than the penalty against Smith. The Jets still had to kick a long FG. Manuel threw a TD to Johnson that I could have completed. Two huge mistakes in the last 25 seconds gave the Bills that win. It was not earned, it was gifted - twice.

I don't give QBs credit for comebacks that were completely based on defensive penalties.

#373 Joe Willie White Shoes, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  14. gustoonarmy

Thought you were going? Face it you love it here.

15. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I agree completely. But to say that pass would have been picked if not for the penalty (which stopped Stevie in his tracks) is way off. It was on point but he would have been tackled around the 10 and we likely wouldn't have got another play off with no timeouts.

16. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

I'm out! Enjoy 1-2!

17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Nah, they'll come back in mid November. And Bills-over-Jets will come back on Monday to congratulate with the win before disappearing for 2 months.

18. timekills

timekills Member

You can't define defense solely by YPG. Or even PPG. I'm sure you're aware of this. When the offense moves so quickly (and often has three and outs) the defense will have more snaps and more yards regardless of how good they are.

A better (not great, but better) definition is yards per PLAY. The Bills are number seven overall and number five against the pass in this stat. Which shows that, just as in the past few years, the Jets just have to commit to running the ball to win.

One person mentioned the 50% third down rate vs Jets 27%. Both those numbers are wrong, but they are at least a viable comparison of defenses that are not dependent upon how the offense performs.

PS BuffaloPhysco: I shouldn't be surprised that someone who is incapable of spelling "psycho" correctly does not know what "indefensible" means. It means quit embarrassing the Bills fans and use some logic when you debate rather than outlandish claims.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

#378 timekills, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  19. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

I notice you didn't mention the Jets' yards per play rankings? I imagine moving into that metric would only help the Jets as well considering their offensive turnovers and production.

Either way, debating the most accurate way to determine defensive standings right now is just silly anyway. All (but 2) teams have only played twice. We'll see how each defense grades out over the long haul when favorable match-ups and other outlying factors start to get washed out.

20. timekills

timekills Member

You are correct on both points. The Jets are better and this discussion is somewhat foolish. The point was people throwing YPG as a stat to define defense as good or bad is even more of a waste of time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4