Sanchez possibilities

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Sep 20, 2013.

1. section134

section134 Active Member

when sanchez comes back at midseason-----what to do with him is the question

if geno is playing ok, doesn't matter what the record is, then keep playing geno and go forward with him

if geno is playing awful, again it doesn't matter what the record is, start playing matt simms

if at the end of the season---geno or matt look decent----then let sanchez go

but if geno and matt just play awful sign mark for several years

if mark doesn't want to stay-----we in trouble big time

I would hope that geno or matt look decent-------in anyway jets need WRs and plenty

of them

jets remind me of the mets

NO OFFENSE

what do you think?????

2. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Barring injury, Matt Simms will not start this year.

Let me repeat that.

Matt Simms will not start this year.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Showcase Sanchez near the end of the season against the bottom feeders we play. At least one of them will be looking for a Qb and Sanchez, if he's smart, will be looking for a new start somewhere other than the NY/NJ/CT area. It would be a win/win for both sides and the fans. Sanchez gets to audition for his next job, the Jets come out of it with an additional DP should they pull the trigger on any trade, and the Fans are rid of Sanchez and the Legacy of the Buttfumble.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

There is absolutely no way we sign Sanchez to "several years". If Geno is awful, and then we put Simms in and he is awful, the obvious statement would be to draft a QB in round 1.

I dont really see any scenario where Sanchez is the starter on this team next year, especially with that salary.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

we don't need to sign Mark for several years, he is under contract already for several years after this one.

if he is worth keeping, he is worth the salary on the contract already rather than tearing it up and giving him a new one that would likely obligate the Jets to him for longer than the remaining two years.

6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

With our receivers, this is like showcasing a used car after filling the gas tank with oatmeal. Better to let the buyer see a pic and take his chances.

7. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

If Geno is playing well/ok when Sanchez is back then Geno will start.

If Geno is playing bad when Sanchez is back, and the record is bad, Geno will start.

If Geno is playing bad when Sanchez is back, and the Jets are winning in spite of Geno (like in 09 with Sanchez), then Sanchez will start.

8. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Whatever happens, I don't think you give Sanchez starter money in 2014 and just go forward with him as the QB. If Smith and Simms show they don't have what it takes, you'd draft a QB in 2014 and at best (from Mark's perspective), let Mark compete for the job in 2014 on a reduced salary.

9. Combustible Rextible

I think it is ridiculous that anyone would suggest extending Sanchez's contract.

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Trade Sanchez and a 5th round pick in 2014 to Cleveland for Joe Thomas. Make it happen, THE FIRE SALE WON'T LAST LONG!!!!!

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Exactly, it is nuts.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I think Sanchez is signed we either keep him, cut him or trade him. Personally if Geno and Simms aren't that good I would like to see a QB competition in training camp next year between Sanchez, Simms, Geno and a second round pick (we take a stud DL pass rusher with the 1st). Hopefully we will be installing a new O at the same time with a new OC.

#12 Biggs, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  13. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

thank the Lord you nor any of your family members are associated with the Jets GM position. Possibly the dumbest idea ever. 54% accuracy over 4 years-the guy just plain sucks, plain and simple. He is gone, gone, gone this winter regardless of whether Geno and Matt blow. You can't cure just being inaccurate, let alone a mental midget who throws balls into ridiculous areas that get picked off. When he is inaccurate, which is 46% of the time by the way, it's almost ALWAYS high thus tons of picks. Sanchez and his faggy headband will thankfully be gone this winter and he can start his modeling career then...

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Idzik will wrestle a 1st and 3rd from Oakland for Sanchez

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Too risky.

What makes us think that Sanchez can pull a "showcase" game out of his ass?

Here's the plan. On Dec. 8th, the Raiders come to MetLife for a game.
    At the half, Sanchez is chloroformed, gagged, bound and thrown into a Raiders road case for the flight back to California.

He wakes up in Oakland and if the Raiders don't want him, he can walk home from there.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

holy fuck, i think we just did this like a week ago.

sancho if cut costs us 4 million or something like that. if we keep him he costs us 13 million. he is not in any way shape or form a free agent.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I believe that people will summon a enormous amount of inner strength and fortitude when everything is on the line. Even Sanchez and his bitch like headband has a healthy amount of self-preservation in him. Perhaps when coupled with enough Testosterone, might make a man out of him long enough to impress one of the Qb needy teams we play in the second half.

We really need to salvage SOMETHING out of the wasted years we spent with Sanchez. I don't care if its a 7th round DP, it beats a blank all day long and humpday.

18. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Too bad he's hurt 'cause there's 1 team that can surely use him now is Jacksonville; who's O is way worst than ours.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You've heard the term "addition by subtraction" of course...

20. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I don't think we see Mark on the field this season unless Geno looks REALLY bad, or gets hurt. And if that happens, I think we see Simms.

And Sanchez would be a real dummy to even consider staying here. If I was him, I'd want to get the fuck out of this place ASAP.