Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Can we trade him for Richardson's dirty old jockstrap?

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

All I know is this thread has gone far too many pages without a corny Stevie Wonder joke

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

so you'd prefer like geno the other night, play well for 3 qtrs. then when it is winning time throw 3 picks than the other way around.

We were a D first team, the D was keeping us in most games.

500 yds 9 TDs is an extreme example. If a guy is playing great all game and botches one drive late that is one thing, I am referring to games like eli has had the first 2 weeks. excellent yardage and TD #s but too many TOs and failing too often to score pts.

So their D has been better than our D and supposedly Wilson is so much better than Sanchez. How come they couldn't make a title game?

I don't and I have always said anything w/o knowing all of that. We do the best we can w/ the info we have.

Yes, that reason is mark was owed a lot of money and they thought the Jets would have released him by now. he will get picked up quick after he is released.

Go and read your statsheets, I'll watch games. Every game is different, one game you may need 30 to win, another game you may need 7 to win. Each one is different but in your world of statsheets and rankings each game is exactly the same.

You can give me but you don't b/c you want to keep deflecting.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how in the world does my discussion about how players are judged have anything to do with whether I would prefer Geno to play like he did and we lose or the hypothetical QB playing poorly but pulling out a victory in the end.

obviously I always want us to win; that is a completely separate topic than how the QB is judged based on his performance.

c'mon, junc, was that a deliberate strawman on your part or do you honestly not grasp that they are two different discussions?

because maybe, just maybe, every other single dynamic that occurs within a single game or season was not identical between the two.

no, that couldn't be it.

5. nyjunc

You didn't like putting more weight on crunch time.

Mark had to be more consistent but he did come through for us a lot. We had a D good enough to keep us in games but not necessarily good enough to bury teams and our O would take advantage later in games. I would have preferred mark played well all game long and we win by 2 TDs but we still won a lot of games w/ him.

The circumstances were pretty similar to 2009- played at known choking QB in div rd except unlike Rivers Matt Ryan had never won a playoff game.

Wilson did what mark did in the title game w/ a bad start and coming back late. he gave them a lead which mark did not but his D allowed him to give them the lead before the D blew it. Our D blew it before the O had a chance to take the lead.

Either way he had a better team against a non great team in the div rd. Got to find a way to win.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Russel Wilson's yardage came in what "appeared to be" garbage time. It doesn't matter if they took the lead in the end because at the time that he was putting up fantasy numbers that time "appeared to be" garbage time.

7. nyjunc

[​IMG]

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I know right it's like beating my head against the wall trying to get them to understand the simplest of concepts.

9. nyjunc

nah, you bore me to sleep. Such a waste of a potential good poster

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that is, again, a different topic. a QB can play poorly and come up big at the end; but you would say he came up big at the end, not make the assertion that he played well that game.

the reason being is that if he consistently plays poorly through most of the game, there will be games where the team has no chance for a big finish since his poor play will put them in holes larger than just a single score. so although he has shown capable of coming up big, his weaknesses and inability to play well for large stretches of the game becomes a significant liability. it is not a good strategy to stick with an poorly performing QB who comes up big at the end and depend on winning games with comebacks. you prefer a QB who can race you out to a lead and keep you there.

#17190 JetBlue, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  11. nyjunc

where did I make any assertions that mark played well throughout games when discussing the comebacks?

Sometimes we may have been in a hole b/c he played poor, other times it may not have been his fault. I have never said he played great throughout just b/c he came up big late. My biggest problem w/ him was always consistency and focus.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Stick to your fantasy stats JetBlue. Only an average fan thinks that giving your QB 15 chances at a 4th quarter comeback isn't what a team led by the D is supposed to do. The D breaking even on the grading curve isn't something to crow about. If Mark Sanchez leads a GW drive then give him some damn credit. After all, this isn't the Great Peyton Manning we are talking about. The D needs to do their damn job!

13. nyjunc

seriously. If you can't engage in the discussion like an adult please leave. This act is getting old.

14. nyjunc

let me know when Mark Sanchez gets 14 D/STs pts in a playoff game and loses.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Preach brotha!

16. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

no, he didint come through for us a lot. in fact, it was rare, if ever that he came through. most of the time, anytime the game was close he would throw a redzone pick or have a back breaking turnover.

mark was horrible all 4 seasons. and statistically he is the worst qb of ALL TIME with at least 50 starts, which is tough to do considering the era he played in.

he is lucky he made it to year 5

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is so much more fun when i dont get to see what junc says other than when other people quote him.

you should try it. beastbeach has been quite humorous.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your vagina is bleeding.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

does it smell nice in your beard?

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Play nice boyz... Google doesn't like it when we act all grown up and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.