Vaporizing the Pot

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jonnyd, Sep 19, 2013.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

So I've been on the herb for 20 years or so but have NEVER used a vaporizer.

Im looking online and see a whole bunch to choose from but I have a couple questions for those who have used them.

Is the high the same? What temp do I heat the weed up to?

I have to grind my weed right?

Does the vapor smell like weed or is it odorless?

Any other info would be appreciated.

Umphpool likes this.
  2. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I have only dabbled. Too pricey for the equipment. I liked it.

Umphpool likes this.
  3. jonnyd

was the high the same? smell?

4. thatguylos

thatguylos New Member

Smell is more like nail polish remover...nothing like the smell from burning it...and from my experience it's a much better high...makes you not want to smoke, just vaporize cause it feels so much cleaner...i had the volcano when I was vaporizing...not sure of the exact temp needed to heat the product, but that's easily found online...I recommend high-ly...oh and usually they come with a grinder, but id buy a metal one with a kief catcher at the bottom

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#4 thatguylos, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

You potheads sure like to complicate things, with Bro Gear :wink:

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I hate to be that guy but didn't Richard Pryor running down the street with his hair on fire do anything for anybody else?

7. jonnyd

IM pretty sure he was free-basing coke dude :O

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If they don't decide to pour rum over their heads and light it on fire while they are using the vaporizer I think they will be OK.

9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He was freebasing at the time but admitted later it was a suicide attempt with the rum.

10. jonnyd

there ya go

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'm assuming this is for medicinal purposes only, correct?

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The high is the same. You are still getting the same amount of THC. The smell I believe isn't as strong.

Buddy of mine bought this one thing called a Volcano. It was freaking awesome but a lot of equipment and the THC gets populated in a balloon.

Hella expensive though. I can confirm the high is the same and the smell isn't as strong.

13. Br4d

Smells like nail polish remover and you're going to suck that stuff into your lungs?

Not 18 and stupid any more, right?

To put it another way, you don't really want to put your wife and kids through the pounding on your chest while they wait for EMS to arrive do you?

14. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Arrrrrr if you must go, go au naturale ye' scallywag.

15. Br4d

Alright, 15 minutes of research on the topic suggests that vaporization is indeed safer than combustion, delivering 10 parts of tar for every part of THC as opposed to the 13 to 1 ration for combustion.

The caveats are that you use non-butane heating element (nail polish remover smell?) and that the vaporizer is well made with a 3-prong UL approved plug and other components that suggest that not creating a fire hazard was more important to the producers than making every dollar they could off the thing.

Apologies jonnyd, go bake and have fun.

The one thing that bothers me is that the web is loaded with Medical Marijuana advocates right now and it is out of style to criticize or suggest that consuming marijuana might be bad for you. So there was little content out there that suggested that there might be issues.

This is kind of like the bass-ackwards situation from what society had with Reefer Madness when pot was demonized as being the worst danger out there. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Nail polish remover? What are you smoking? I've never smelled one like that. I'd hope that some kind of plastic or something else is not burning in there. Sometimes you get that really pure THC smell and it'll stank up your place, but it's totally worth it. I usually set mine around 420. Typically 400-420 should be decent. 420 can be overkill sometimes depending on the unit. The thing that makes vaporizers great is that you don't inhale the chemicals created by the the flame roasting the herb and the butane. It's healthy and efficient. My buddy has a really nice battery powered one and he smokes exclusively with it.

#16 Barcs, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Heat to 420. Lol. Nice.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i must be getting old. what happened to the good ole days of saturday morning cartoons a bowl of count chocula and a bong made from a 20oz bottle?

19. Br4d

Medical marijuana is what happened to them. It's hard for ethical doctors to prescribe something that they know is bad for the patient in defined ways. So everybody is looking for safer ways to get THC into the system.

Obviously half the people using medical marijuana are getting prescribed by hacks who are essentially their dealer's mustache but that's beside the point.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I had a Volcano years ago and the high was second to none. But if you use it a lot, you will find that passing a doob with your friends is nearly useless.

I quit the herb shortly afterward, so I can't really testify to the vapes they have now, but I would bet they are killer.

Royal Tee likes this.