The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im sorry, but would you care to fill me in on this? "Shitting the bed"?...

I dont believe he "shit the bed" the first game. The second game he outplayed Brady in his own house for the first 3 quarters. With some of the worst WR play I've ever seen, poor weather, and no run game to be seen in the 2nd half... Geno was put in a pretty poor position. He made his fair share of poor throws and bad decisions. He definitely did.

But to say "if he keeps shitting the bed", like its a common occurrence, thats just ridiculous. Especially coming from someone who defended Sanchez endlessly, who DID in fact keep shitting the bed the last two seasons.

The guy has played 2 fucking games. Give him at least a sizable sample before you, shit on him.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yep. I'll take the hit and I don't give a shit.

Wait. Did we get too deep into Pulp Fiction?

I really don't care. I want to see this kid play. Geno's progress is like an ant farm. Maybe it's worth watching. But you will have to wait as long or longer than we did for Sanchez.

Homers can have whatever opinion they want. Especially the "I know football" types that only rip off internet content.

Worthless people.

The same people that guaranteed that Spicoli would never make the team.

Let's get real. Football happens when internet dorks aren't looking. It's upon those dorks to catch the minute sections that matter.

Some are too busy formatting ripped off draft profiles to actually understand the game, because they think they can steal money from eager fans.

I love the internet. Because information is open, but also because morons run happily through the streets, directly into walls. Complete idiots that think they are godlike.

More like hamsters. Fun to play with. But apparently there is some sort of broken toothed limey willing to categorize them as Rotties. LOL.

3. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I hope you are either right and Simms comes in and plays really well SOON, or wrong - Geno plays so well Simms doesn't see the field and all of this Simms QB controversy is put to rest. Either way, I want to see it sooner rather than later.

4. Gator

Gator Active Member

Geno's only problem is holding the ball a little too long. In every other facet of playing the QB position he looks pretty good so far. Good arm. Accurate. Nimble in the pocket when he see's pressure. Doesn't panic. Don't know what you're seeing but sounds like you are going in with preconceived notions and now hoping he fubars it so you're right. Be a fan and support him. If he fails, then we can root for Simms. He hasn't failed yet.

5. abyzmul

I haven't stopped rooting for Geno.

I also haven't stopped believing in what I saw against Philly pre-season week 4.

Both have decent arguments, but I am not rooting against Smith.

I want Geno to win.

I just don't have to continue wanting for three years. The FO ses to be interested in the same. They are looking ahead.

6. Gator

Gator Active Member

Is basing your assessment on a player on one preseason game kind of a rash judgement?

7. abyzmul

Rash judgments cant be difficult to
    gauge.

They can also be irrationably discarded by ignorant people. All evidence should be considered, not just that which you are told is true.

8. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

He's neither right or wrong. Until Simms steps onto the field, we won't know if Simms is twice the QB of what Geno is. I'm rooting for the starting QB every week. I want the team to win, not just Geno, Simms, or Sanchez.

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

Oh

Well personally I don't get caught up in media...or posts, tweets. I read stuff, but don't form opinions. I watch games. He looked pretty good last game. Shouldda won. Shouldda been winning at half if the receivers did the job.....and we shut them out second half. He wouldn't have been making those throws in the rain.

..but whatev. Insinuate that I'm ignorant if you like. Only words. I could call you cuntbag...but I won't. :)

10. abyzmul

That's a good poodle.

11. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I think the circus has gone away, but a few of the clowns are still hanging around.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Whoever puts Matt Simms in THIS early should be shown the door. We haven't seen nearly enough of Geno Smith yet. To think, our WRs don't drop maybe 2 passes at most and we wouldn't be having this convo right now.

13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Yes shitting the bed two offensive touchdowns I two games is shitting the bed. Tampa game he was asked to do little make the first read not their run.

Pats game starts raining he can't throw but worse bailed out the pocket so quick after one hit.

I thought he had strong arm and throws a good long ball what happened to that? It is not like the pats have a good secondary rt now he is the worse qb in the league on the worst offense in the league. He needs to play better and playing better means scoring points.

Talk about the gates drop on a tough catch what about the play before when he missed wide open receiver. Geno is very raw and we take at least three years to develop. Rex does not have three years.

14. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I don't know what's more laughable, making a mindless comment that Simms is better than Smith will ever be, or bolstering that comment by comparing Smith to Romo (the implication being that Simms is better than Romo ever was or will be). Are you Phil Simms posting on the Jets board? Because even he doesn't believe that stuff...

15. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Anyone who believes anything from preseason week #4 simply doesn't follow the sport, or only has a casual knowledge of it. Do you see how bad the Eagles starters on D are so far? Can you imagine how awful the guys were in week 4 of the preseason that didn't even make the team? That's who your hero put up a relatively modest 2013 QB statline against.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The easiest way for Rex/MM to try out Simms is for Geno to fail a 'concision test' after taking a sac, and to be out 2 weeks. I'm sure the team doctor would do Rex a solid if he asked.

17. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Sounds like that scene from "Any Given Sunday" with James Woods messing with the results of Lawrence Taylor and Dennis Quaid's characters at the urging of team owner Cameron Diaz.

probably happens alot more than many people think!

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Kudos to you young man, I thought you were busting my balls 3 months ago.

I now see you are a man of your convictions.

I commend thee.

_

19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

if you want to tell me geno smith is terrible and will be a monumental bust, i will listen to you.

but if you are going to sit there and tell me matt simms is anything but complete dog trash who has done nothing but suck giant balls since high school you need to STFU and GTFO.

simms is awful.

im fine giving simms a chance if geno proves to be terrible. but he needs to prove that first. at least 8 games. we have 0 chance to do anything this year anyhow, no need to make rash decisions

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ya blew it, Gator.

You shoulda called him a cuntbag.