Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

so you know where the receiver was supposed to be?

When did I ever say he wasn't inconsistent?

2. BookEndTackles 72&79

If only you did use your eyes to evaluate Sanchez instead of creating smoke and mirror comparisons. If you did use your eyes to evaluate you would notice plenty of Sanchez' flaws.

1. His inaccuracy.
    2. Can't execute a screen pass.
    3. Fails to identify the free rusher on the blitz and can't see it coming.
    4. Pump fakes that do nothing to create seperation or fool a defender.
    5. His constant fumbling and inability to secure the football.
    6. Panics under pressure or feels pressure that isn't there.
    7. Throwing into double, triple coverage.

You can go on and on with the list. Yes, even the "average" fans or the great unwashed masses who consist of "95% of this board who quote stats out of context" can CLEARLY SEE this with their own two eyes.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i like the term smoke and mirrors comparisons, thats exactly what it is. he creates these absurd comparisons which moves the conversation in a different direction instead of addressing hte points that are made that go against his.

4. BookEndTackles 72&79

Bravo. This is what the focus should be on.

5. nyjunc

I think some of that is valid, probably all of it is from last year but he fell into bad habits last year having no healthy talent around him. Most of those issues are 2012 issues.

It would mean something if we all knew what the QBs reads were, if the OL did their job, if the receivers ran the proper routes, etc... On its own it tells us very little.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

It's apart of the teams total rushing yards. Rush yards don't count for RB's/FB's only. If a team runs an end around those yards count towards the total rushing yards.

7. alleycat9

what were his rushing stats for the game in question? and how many yards did he lose on sacks?

8. nyjunc

Your point was they were calling more run plays than pass plays so how can a designed pass that turns into a run count as a called run? I didn't bring up the trick plays which I also do not consider part of the ground game. That is the deception game.

9. alleycat9

if he is saying you have to take the qb rushes out of the equation as runs because they started off as pass plays, he would be correct. you cant count a scramble run by the qb as a designed running play. you must count it as a pass play. similar to what i did last week with geno smith. counting his runs as designed pass plays.

granted i bet he didnt help the ypc much on his running plays. i believe sacks are included in rushing statistics.

10. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Those who degrade others by saying "you know nothing of the game" are most often the ones who have no actual understanding of the game beyond the fluff and the hype.
    I stand fully by what I've said in the past, Mark has lost more games for the Jets as a QB than he's won for the Jets as a QB. Wins are a team stat, each individual player contributes to a win or a loss. The QB contributes the most because they handle the ball the most of any player on the field. And I will stand fully by the fact that Mark has turned over the ball so much over his career and been such in unproductive passer that he has cost his team between 2 and 4 wins a season more than he's won for the team. It's also worth noting that every time they've moved towards letting him pass more he became worse. In close games his numbers are atrocious, in the 4th Quarter he's been downright bad overall.

Yes you can find an exception to that here and there, but that's just the point, it's the exception and not the rule. Mark has talent, there's no doubt about that. But Mark has never matured as a decision maker on the field. He doesn't have the Arm that Favre had so despite making many of the same types of mistakes Favre made over his career he doesn't have the arm to override those mistakes.

In the end Sanchez is just another typical Trojan QB, who like the Trojan's of Homer, manage to sneak in to the league in the guise of being the next big thing, and just like all the other USC QB's hasn't lived anywhere near up to the expectations.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

now you are talking about the team's result -- wins and loses. that doesn't provide the context of the QB's play in throwing for only 50 yards in regards to his impact on the game.

but you start with that win or loss statistic as validation of Mark's play, but that statistic is not context it is the result of the contexts of the game in question.

so, if that is the case, you aren't applying your own criteria to your own arguments.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yeah but that still doesn't make it a run play. Unless the QB running is a designed option for the play its not a run play. its a broken down play. The play is over and the QB is still on his feet so he runs. If a receiver cant get open it doesnt change it from a pass play to run.

13. nyjunc

Please list me all the games HE lost for us.

If you are winning consistently like we were the first few years then your QB is likely playing pretty well- at the very least good enough to win which is all I care about.

when the game is about 300 yd games or QB rating I will discuss those but this game is about wins and losses and outside of 2012 mark has been really good at helping us win games.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you are still ignoring context.

the context is what else occurred on the field that created wins with Mark only playing well enough. that doesn't mean that playing that well will be enough if that context changes.

problem is that a QB isn't judged just on his ability to play well enough if other pieces are available to him. QB's are judged on whether they are the difference making piece because their impact is so significant in the overall success of a team -- not just for one or two games but over large sample sizes of evidence -- in this case multiple seasons.

that is the context that you are ignoring.

so, you are saying you are content with a QB that can play well enough as long as the other parts of the team can make up for his deficiencies.

that is a ridiculous strategy to support in how a team or fans should evaluate a QB. in the long run a bad or average QB, who just happened to be on a good team that had some success in the short term, is going to become a liability, as we have seen with Mark.

you are correct, the parts around him were removed, and that caused a dip in his play. but by acknowledging that, as well as admitting you don't care how well he plays as long as the team wins, your own argument is admitting he is bad or average and needs those additional parts -- he himself is not that difference making part.

so it is completely ludicrous for you to attack posters who say the same thing -- that he is bad or average. your own argument is dependent on admitting he is not good enough on his own and is dependent on other players to be successful and win.

15. The 1985er

I posted the total rush yards in each game in 09, compared to how many times they threw.

16. alleycat9

junc, that is why i have brought up the things a qb can be judged upon at least 20 times in this thread. and you have ignored them every single time. then call me a bad poster. look here they are below one more time so you can make sure you see them. shit you replied directly to this post with some complete bs instead of realizing that its the truth.

17. nyjunc

It's hard to win in this league, it's near impossible w/ poor QB play. Are there games Mark stunk and we won? absolutely just as there are games our D blew or run game stunk that mark and the pass game pulled out.

AGAIN, when teams make the playoffs based on yards, TDs, comp %, rating, etc... I'll take those out of context posts seriously. This is a wins and losses business and mark helped us win a lot of games.

I think he was good for a rookie in 2009, top 10 type in 2010, mid of the pack in 2011 and awful/bottom 5 in 2012.

18. The 1985er

I'm not arguing that it was a designed run play. My argument is that when after each game the total rush yards are tallied and even the broken play scrambles are accounted for in the total rush yards.

19. nyjunc

W/o knowing the play, the read, the blocking scheme, the routes of the receivers how can you truly evaluate that? based on what YOU think is a bad pass? Do you think that is fair?

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You know...all the things Sanchez forgot between the huddle & the buttfumble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.