Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha the wonderful unprovable subtle ways. and everyone else deals in fantasy... thats cute.

if you think that 95% dont understand the game why dont you go to a board where they do know football, i am sure they would love you there.

i mean seriously, its obvious none of the average fans are picking up what you are putting down. in fact many who once respected you now see you for the joke you are. so why would you continue to try to teach them?

i had mentioned in the past that i thought you might be a paid poster. one of hte guys that knows you from the dollfag board mentioned it the other day. i think it might be true. there is no other sensible reasoning for the way you handle yourself at this point.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's not obvious to those that watch the games through statsheets.

I try to help, some are willing to learn and some aren't. I want to keep learning too but my job here is mostly to help posters like yourself move away from boxscore evaluations and more into using your eyes to evaluate.

I take that as a compliment if you think I am a paid poster so thank you. There's no doubt my posts generate traffic which is why I am one of the most valuable posters on any board I post at regularly. You can continue to blend in w/ the majority, I'll continue to make those arguments look foolish.

3. alleycat9

you are such a tool that you dont even realize that i dont use statistics, i dont have the time or energy to go looking up stats. i watch the games and understand the position and what the guy in that position needs to be able to do.

YOU are the one with all the fantasy "debates"

my stance is, was and will continue to be that mark sanchez is inaccurate, both in and outside of the strike zone. he does not throw back shoulder when necessary and does not lead guys when he is supposed to.

he is a scared man at qb who would rather fall down most of hte past 2 years than step up into pressure and complete a pass.

he does a poor job reading defenses and making good throws. shit he can barely make throws at or behind the los.

these were and continue to be my points.

you want to talk about how the giants would have won with mark, the bucs would win with mark. we wouldnt have gotten as far without mark, joe namath is overrated, peyton manning isnt good and is not clutch, the defense blew the game

and a hundred other pieces of complete shit that make no difference to whether or not the qb can play the game and do HIS job.

you are a troll, you probably are paid and simply come here to stir up shit and get people frustrated. nothing that you post has anything to do with actual football and the skills it requires to play football.

so go ahead and fuck yourself.

and yes i will take whatever i get for telling you to go fuck yourself. without complaint.

4. nyjunc

when people get that upset over nonsense they know deep down that it is true. I feel bad for you.

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I find it funny that junc thinks that he's the only one that "understands the game" and everybody else either just looks at stats or watches but doesn't understand the game how delusional must one be?

6. nyjunc

I KNOW I am not the only one, I KNOW there are plenty on this board who know more than me(but not that many:grin:) and I also know the majority are average fans who allow others to tell them how to think and/or just use stats./rankings to evaluate and that's ok. There are much worse things people can say about you than that.

7. alleycat9

junc your continued refusal to talk about actual points and only debate "fantasy" bullshit is the reason i have put you on ignore. i will put you back on every once in awhile to make sure people arent actually buying your bullshit, but for now... this message is hidden because nyjunc is on your ignore list.

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What happens is herd mentality. Instead of looking at all the facts we follow the crowd the crowd must be right. The media and national media jumped on the Mark sucks band waggon and most just fans followed along.

It will happen to Geno soon enough so far not so good for Geno he already has his detractors like Alleycat that thinks he is smart because he "called" it. are going to cal Jetfan smart if Geno bombs even though he is a horrible poster?

This has really become a battle between a few most Jets fans recognize that Sanchez played well in 2010. Trying to diminish what he did to win an argument with Junc is stupid.

9. The 1985er

Stats and rankings are used to gauge where a player is at compared to his peers. Stats aren't useless and you seem to dismiss any stats that doesn't put Mark in a positive light. Had the stats looked good you'd be quoting them in your argument. I've seen you post stats to defend your side of the argument. It's the double standard that's the problem with you.

What if I tell you that Josh Freeman is actually good and it's the sheeple at espn that's saying he sucks so everybody is now following along? What if people were actually watching the games and seeing with their eyes that Sanchez sucks? He's never been a good QB. Plus I find it funny how Sanchez supporters overrate that '10 season. Like I said before he was average that year.

10. nyjunc

be a coward and put me on ignore, if you actually discussed football intelligently we wouldn't have any issues but you try to hop on the backs of others that are attacking me.

It's your loss not mine when you put me on ignore.

11. alleycat9

what did i call? that i didnt like geno coming out of college? i really didnt, but i cant blame the team for taking him in the 2nd round where it will cost them very very little if he doesnt work out.

sancho on the other hand i thought was going to be a problem because he was drafted so high and i didnt think he had the skills to be a great qb. i thought he would hamstring us salary cap wise because of his big rookie contract (that wouldnt be the case anymore, but it was). turns out i was wrong, he hamstrung us with his 2nd contract. and never turned into a franchise qb.

hey man i am not here to say i told you so, thats not what i want to do. i dont think he was terrible in 2010, i think he made progress in 2010. not top 10 but he was moving in the right direction. however 2011 happened and its been all down hill from there. he was a decent qb in 2010, i wont take that away from him. however i cant sit here and think about the way he played over that entire season and say he was "very good" or top 10. he still had many of the same problems he had his rookie year and he continues to have today.

the jets as an organization fucked up signing him to the deal they did. many thought it was a smart deal. he either shows he can play or we get rid of him after 2013, problem is that he showed he couldnt play before 2013 and we ended up stuck with him for the year.

next year he will go elsewhere and maybe have a decent career, i dont wish bad things upon him. i just dont think he is very good.

12. nyjunc

stats and rankings are useful but throwing out blind #s tells us very little. To say so and so had 3 TDs and 400 yds sounds great but when you add in multiple TOs and failures in big spots it's a terrible game.

I wouldn't be quoting stats if Mark's looked good, do I ever bring up his outstanding postseason #s w/o context? do I say "he's top 10 rated all time in postseason"? NO. I discuss how he played in those games.

Josh Freeman has better talent at his disposal now than Mark ever had and he has a big time D to go w/ it. Freeman has the talent to succeed in this league but has never won a meaningful game. Mark on TB and they are 2-0 and on their way to a big year.

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Wins and losses are stats, junc, and your perpetual defense of Sanchez is his playoff success which is just a statistic.

So if you were following your own criteria you would go beyond those stats and just use your eyes on a game by game basis regardless of wins and losses which are just outcomes like completed passes or interceptions.

So defend Sanchez without a reliance on playoff statistics. How did he play? Tell us about his play without using his completions or actual accomplishments. What exactly would you be talking about if you did so? How well he called the play in the huddle?

Nobody is discussing his stats without context, they do so as evidence to support their position.

#17133 JetBlue, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  14. The 1985er

For example I posted up the a Jets total rush yards in every game in 09. You say its "blind stats" yet you post the yards per carry. Wouldn't that qualify as "blind stats"? That is just one example of the kind of things you do. Then you like to debate hypothetical scenarios that can't be proven one way or the other. The point of the Freeman analogy is that no one on here questions if there is a herd mentality when it involves other QB's but act like Sanchez is being picked on.

15. The 1985er

The bold is 100% correct.

16. nyjunc

wins and losses are what this game is about. I'd rather win w/ my QB throwing for 50 yds than lose w/ him throwing for 350.

I don't just throw out his great playoff #s, I have often talked about the ratings of mark and Ben in the title game. ben was around 30, Mark around 100 but ben was the better QB that day b/c I don't just rely on blind stats. Ben made plays that don't show up, extending plays, extending drives, etc...

Just throwing out 12 Tds and 20 INts as a rookie and saying he was bad is discussing stats w/o context. To say we had a great run team b/c our yardage was high is throwing out stats w/o context. To pretend like we had the '85 Bears D b/c they were ranked #1 is w/o context.

17. nyjunc

You also posted incorrect #s and your premise was incorrect b/c of it.

Maybe I made a mistake, sometimes less than 4 YPC is ok assuming we are running out the clock w/ a lead but in most cases 2.5-3.5 is not a good day on the ground.

throwing out blind #s w/ no discussion of how those #s were accumulated. Those are stats w/o context.

18. The 1985er

What was incorrect about the numbers?

Maybe you can start using some context when you bash other QB's or is it that only Mark gets the benefit of "context "?

19. nyjunc

Again, you included QB scrambles in there. That is not evidence of a ground game, that is a move out of desperation by a QB.

I use context w/ all. perfect example, you guys tell me how great Peyton was vs. Baltimore b/c of almost 300 yds, 3 TDs, the D failing on the last play but Peyton was given 2 STs TDs and he committed 3 TOs that directly led to 17 pts AND he couldn't run out the clock late but he was great w/ that 88 rating!

20. alleycat9

go through the games, list for me the throw by throw and whether he put the ball where it needs to be. that doesnt mean completions or incompletions, we already have stats to back up that situation. go deeper, was the ball in front of the receiver out of hte backfield so that he could get yac, or did he have to stop or turn around to catch it.

was the ball thrown so the receiver would have to stop and sit down in the zone or did he lead the guy into a big hit? did he throw it entirely too far behind so they guy could barely catch it without becoming a contortionist?

was the ball thrown to the back shoulder on a downfield pass where his guy had the height but not speed advantage?

did he set his feet and get the ball out, or did he fold up when even the thought of pressure came on him?

did he move in the pocket to avoid pressure when he had to?

did he throw the screen into the ground rather than too the defender who was waiting there with the back?

you want context go ahead and go get it. i dont have the time, but i can tell you from watching the games that he was very inconsistent, almost consistent to the negative in each of these things that a qb must be able to do in order to be functional in the nfl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.