Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The great Philip Rivers had more talent around him, a bye and home game and couldn't get his team as far as Mark helped his team get. You underrate how vital he was to both runs.

Favre had more talent and a bye and home game and got his team as far as mark got his.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Ill never not give Sanchez his credit. But I watched him play that year and he was awful. He got a pass because he was a rookie. What did Sanchez with his 13 TD's and 20 INT's that made him so "vital" in 09?

3. nyjunc

he wasn't awful at all, he had a few awful games as most rookies tend to have but overall he had a good year.

he made plays to win, he was near flawless in that Cincy game w/ 3 incompletions and 2 being drops including what would have been a long TD.

at SD he made huge plays to help us win.

He didn't make big mistakes either which was huge and the difference in the SD game. They had a QB most think was "great" but he made huge mistakes that cost his team the game and the rookie didn't make those mistakes.

you don't need to throw for 300-400 yds to have a good game, this is something most people fail to realize.

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He still sucks but even a broken compass can lead you in the right direction once or twice

5. The 1985er

I give him credit for playing well in the season finale at Giants Stadium. He played well in Cincy and wasn't asked to do much against SD except to just lean on the run game and pass when necessary. But Sanchez was terrible for the majority of the regular season. I don't like to pin one loss on a person but he single handily lost the Bills and Falcons games for us. Like I said Sanchez was bad, he wasn't decent, he wasn't good he was bad. If we had 2010 Sanchez we probably win the division. At least he was average that year.

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Sanchez has big swings that is was maybe will be his problem. But in 2010 he played better than average in the 12 wins.

7. nyjunc

In SD we didn't run well outside of the one big run by Greene, that was a situation where a young QB could have tried to do too much and killed us much like the vet Rivers did to his team.

Buf was 95% on him
    Atl was on the D for blowing yet another late game lead.
    NO was 70% on Mark
    at NE was 60%

those are the 3-4 bad games he had, he was good most of the season.

If we had 2010 Sanchez we win a few more games but we probably still end up 2nd and w/ the 5 seed like we had.

8. The 1985er

Sanchez was average. Compare him to other really good QB's from that season and he doesn't compare.

9. The 1985er

Rivers was asked to do more than the Jets asked Sanchez to do. That comparison is ridiculous. The Jets ran the ball 37 times and Sanchez threw it 23 times. They had Sanchez hand the ball off because he wasn't ready to be in a position to carry an offense.

Where did you get your stats on the % of whose fault it was for our losses that year?

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I compare him to how he played to help us win games. You do not win in spite of your QB in the league. He either makes plays or you lose.

Look at the last two games Geno needed to make a play for the Jets to win Game 1 he made the play Game 2 he did not. We did not win in spite of Geno in game 1 we won because of him. In game 2 we lost because he could not make a play with the game still in reach.

As Junc said it is not about stats but about winning. Sanchez 2010 was major contributor to the 12 wins including several comebacks. He was above average in 2010.

2011 he was average collapsed down the stretch. (I think he was hurt) in 2012 he sucked but we are finding from the likes of Brady and Big Ben that personnel matter. Which is why he deserved a shot in 2013 that is a mute now he is as good as gone unless Geno keeps getting worse.

Do not down play his role in 2010 that is disingenuous as a Jets fan. As I said before the Jets go to the superbowl if they get the ball back against the Steelers.

There is no way you can tell me watching that game that you did not think if we got the stop we would not score. Was that because you thought Sanchez sucked or was it because you had confidence Sanchez would deliver like he did all season.

2010 was one of the Jets best season and Sanchez was at the helm don't try to take that away from him.

11. nyjunc

compared to fantasy #s but he was really good in 2010 when you don't just look at fantasy #s.

of course he was, he was a vet but he also had MUCH more talent to help him. He tried to do too much, mark did not. That was the difference in that game.

We ran it most of the 4th qtr b/c we had a 10 pt lead most of it. This is where looking at boxscores doesn't help.

Rivers had 27 attempts and mark 22 at one point - not a huge difference. we then scored to go up 10 and didn't throw again, SD was trailing by 10 and had to throw thereby skewing the pass attempt #s.

I am using logic to determine %.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I HATE when people bring up the draft like it means something. Cruz is one of the best wrs in the game who cares that he was an UDFA. So was Arian Foster. Talent is talent.

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Wow, pretty fair post.

_

14. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Sanchez had one of the best Running Games, Offensive lines and Special teams in football his first two years. What more do you want him to have. Santonio Holmes caught the winning TD in a SB! He had everything to win the big one!

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Too easy....

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

How is this thread still rolling? Sanchez is on IR until November 17th against the Bills, at best. You'd think things would have quieted down here. Has any of this debating changed anyone's minds? Nope. Don't think so.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The 2010 Jets were absolutely stacked on O.

The 2 starting WR and TE were all 1st round picks. You had Cotchery and Smith as well. You had an all pro center one of the top 5 L Tackles in the game. The RT was a first round pick and Tomlinson was outright great at taking a pass in the flat.

That loaded O was 4th in the league in rushing yards 22nd in passing yards, 23rd in passing TD's. Sanchez had an under 55% completion percentage had 17TD's with 13 INT's and threw for 6.5 yards per attempt.

He was arguably the worst starter on that O. I give him credit for how he played in the Pats playoff game, he was very good. Overall he had some good moments but he was inconsistent at best and awful during long stretches of games.

It was acceptable because he was a second year player and he improved. He actually flashed some great moments, but mostly was a below average NFL QB. The problem is without all world talent around him he was completely lost. He turned into a turnover machine with bad judgment.

#17037 Biggs, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the point is that the giants didnt go out there and get him victor cruz coming out of massachusetts. they got lucky on a kid who fell through 7 rounds of the draft. he is spadola, only he succeeded.

he was by no stretch brought in by the team to solidify shit.

and juncers always talks about guys being out and injured, first smith and later nicks have had continuous injury problems.

it was sweet of junc to put in the effort to list all the guys that the giants have brought in. i only question whether he was talking about when they first brought in the highly touted brandon jacobs or this most recent time they grabbed him from the finger tips of another team who desperately wanted him.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i thought it was dead and buried this weekend. went a whole day without a new post. then junc came in and waved the white flag and reignited everything.

it appears as though people are just having fun poking at him. which makes it much more tolerable to read.

20. The 1985er

Who says anything about "fantasy numbers"? I'm saying that by WATCHING SANCHEZ PLAY and then WATCHING GOOD QB'S PLAY, Sanchez does not compare.

Rivers HAD to throw because the offense was built around him. The 09 Jets offense was built around the run game. That was the big difference. You think if SD had a terrible rookie QB like Sanchez that they'd have the same success? Especially when Rivers had more responsibility.

If you used your "logic" then I can say that 100% of the Bills loss was on Sanchez. As was the Falcons game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.