Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

So elite defenses never give up leads?

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

they do but not the way our D did, it's a rare occurrence against a true elite D. We put up great #s but we weren't great.

3. OverloadBlitz

As far as the title game we were up 17-6 at the half if I remember correctly and couldn't score another touchdown the rest of the game against that "vaunted" Colts defense? 17 points is not going to beat Peyton Manning very often.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Oh, allow me to enlighten you:

If a statistic tends to convey Mark Sanchez in a positive light, it is intrinsically relevant. Otherwise, it means nothing. The overriding factor in all cases is junc's determination of what constitutes a critical situation and what does not. Furthermore, anytime the defense gave up a lead or made a mistake in 2009-2011, the blunder was of critical significance. However, generally speaking, Mark's mistakes were far less consequential than any defensive blunders (These include virtually all of his interceptions, fumbles and errant passes).

If one accepts these guidelines as incontrovertible, one arrives at the dual conclusions that Mark Sanchez was a really "good" quarterback in his first two seasons in the NFL and that he "lead" the Jets to back to back AFC Championship games.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The question is not anymore if Sanchez sucks but is Geno better? That really is the only question not if your Qb sucks or not but if you have somebody else better to play.

So far Geno has struggled putting up two touchdowns. Is he showing enough that he can be a long time starter in the NFL?

Pros

1. Calm Under pressure does not seemed to get rattled
    2. Has a good arm
    3. Can run when gets flushed out of the pocket

Cons

1. Pocket Presence- Does not feel the backside rush coming and does not step-up in the pocket. He backs out then runs.

2. Holds the ball does not anticipate the route waits for the receiver to "Get open" (Typical rookie)

3. Inaccuracy on the run he threw some horrible balls on the run.

Conclusion- To early to tell but I want to see more flashes

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

That's what I said. We had a good team. Mark came into a situation with an elite oline, a good run game, solid receiving corp and a stout defense. Most teams can't say that for themselves. Plus Mark was asked to simply manage the game and lean on the run game. Based on how he played that year I think any average QB could've had the same success.

7. slimjasi

Not only average quaterbacks, but probably many below average ones, as well. (Considering that Mark was irrefutably below average that season)

8. OverloadBlitz

During the regular season, he did step it up big time in the post season though to be fair.

9. slimjasi

Because "the guy" you write of is terrible starting NFL quarterback. (BTW, he does NOT have the most road playoff victories in NFL history)

10. OverloadBlitz

That's priceless lol.

11. slimjasi

Well, yes. But again, we are looking at the big picture here. Game in and game out, the guy was very mediocre. The whole point is that winning consistently with a guy like Mark simply isn't sustainable or tenable in the long term.

12. nyjunc

You are incorrect, immediately after scoring to make it 17-6 our "elite" D allowed Indy to go 80 yds in less than a min to cut our lead to 17-13 heading into the half.

Yes the O didn't score in the 2nd half(more a product of losing the only reliable back we had on the first possession of the 2nd half) but the D got torches and Indy took their foot off the gas pedal or it could have been much worse.

I deal in reality, I am sorry that bothers you. I criticize mark when he deserves it and he has deserved plenty through the years but I also criticize the D when they deserve and they have also deserved it plenty through the years. You guys act like if the D plays well in the first 3 qtrs. it gives them a pass to give up late leads. The best Ds come through when it matters most, they don't just shit down the Bills if the world to make their rankings look better.

we had a future HOF QB w/ similar talent, a weaker sched and no Brady and he couldn't even get us to the playoffs. Mark didn't carry us obviously but he was vital to both runs.

13. nyjunc

w/ Mark we had 1 losing season in 4 years. 25%

previous 49 years? 23, 47%

14. slimjasi

Nothing you write regarding Mark Sanchez's past accomplishments "bothers" me. Instead, you tend to amuse me and I rather enjoy playfully ridiculing the utter absurdity of your Pro-Sanchez arguments.

15. OverloadBlitz

I agree, he's proved to be too turnover prone in the regular season to win with. If only Geno or Simms can provide some turnover free football this season we can have a chance to win every game we play this season courtesy of our non elite defense.

16. nyjunc

I am trying to help you understand the game. Did you know Eli Manning has over 800s yds and 5 TDs so far this season? on pace for over 6,000 yds and 40 TDs. Pretty damn impressive, right? Stop being a fantasy fan and become a real fan.

17. OverloadBlitz

Again this was Peyton Manning were talking about and Garcon had a field day on the corner he played against(forgot his name I think it was Lito). Which was why we went after a #2 corner to play opposite Revis.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^^^
    It would've been fitting to have had this end the thread.

19. nyjunc

The same Peyton manning that is a legendary postseason choker. Don't confuse reg season Peyton w/ postseason Peyton.

we had some injuries in the secondary that day.

20. OverloadBlitz

He's had some good postseason games and some bad ones. He's still Peyton and he has a ring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.