2013 Week 3- Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

His point is the pick would have probably happened anyway without the hold.
    I agree with him.

2. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

Last years crop was also inconsistent. There is some weird cult of belief that they all the rookies last year won Superbowls, but they didn't.

3. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I just watched it again, and Johnson would have made a play on the ball. He might not have caught it, but he would have been able to make a play on it. It doesn't matter either way because there was no pick.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jets fans keep talking about wanting to beat the Bills so Bills fans can't say Manuel is better than Geno, but shouldn't he be better? He was taken 16th overall, with Geno being taken 39th overall. I am sure Geno wants to prove to the Bills they made a mistake, but if Manuel turns out to be the better NFL QB, it would just mean the draft picks were right.

5. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself. I want the Jets to beat the bills because...get ready for it...I'm a Jets fan and for some strange reason I like it when they win. It has little to do with bills fans saying EJ is better than Geno.

At this point, I seriously doubt that Geno is thinking to himself, "I want to go up there and prove to them they should have picked me!" It just doesn't make sense. If that were the case, he would be going into every game. The guy wants to play well and win, not prove to other GM's they should have picked him.

I do agree with you, about the draft picks. EJ going early 1st, should be better than Geno going in the 2nd.

6. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Ok I only saw it the one time and thought otherwise but I will take your word for it.

7. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Luck, RG3 and Wilson all played at a significantly higher level than either Geno or EJ, so far at least. Mind you they all went to better teams than the Jets and the Bills.
    Knowing what we now do about Russell Wilson I think it's fair to say that if a draft were held today Luck, RG3 and Wilson would all be drafted ahead of Geno and EJ, and would likely go 1,2,3 in that order at the very top of the draft.

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Really RG 3 Game 1 stats

game 1 19-26 320 yds 2 td no picks Qb Rating 94.5

Game 2 20-29 206 yds 1 td 1 pick Qb Rating 70.0

EJ Manuel

18-27 150 yds 2 tds no picks QB rating 105.5

Game 2 27-39 296 yds 1 td 1 pick QB rating 89.3

EJ has gotten off to a better start or at least very similar to RGIII this post is non sense

Geno on the other hand

24-38 1 td no pick 256 yds QB rating 80.6

15-35 214 yds 3 picks QB rating of 27.6

I think EJ has gotten off to a much better start

Edit looking at Andrew Luck and Rusell Wilson EJ has gotten off to a better start than them also.

#148 cval, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  9. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

After 2 games:
    EJ 45 of 66 68.2% for 446 6.76 yap, 3tds, 1int rating 95.9
    RGIII 39 of 55 70.9% for 562, 9.56 yap, 3tds 1 int rating 111.63
    Oh and RG3 also rushed for 124 yards, EJ not so much (36).
    You're right about Luck tho. His rating was only 75.16 after two games. Boy does he ever suck!
    I can tell you know a lot about football.

10. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez after his 1st 2 pro Games

Game 1 W 24-7; 18 of 31 for 272 1TD 1 INT 84.3

Game 2 W 16-9; 14 of 22 for 163 1TD 0 INT 101.1

Point is WHO CARES! Mark looked like a world beater. Truth is its all about the weapons these QB's have. If they are a running threat it lessons the NEED for weapons.

Back on point. The Bills have a better Offense than the Jets do, so all things equal, EJ should be a better QB right now. Nice thing is both Kids seem to have poise and moxie

11. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Your right and my reference to Luck's rating after his first two pro games is to show how meaningless these stats are. They can offer some insight however, comparing EJs ypa with RG3s shows that he was checking down less and taking more risks throwing downfield. That also sheds some light on the compared INTs. RG3s int total is the same as EJs but it is more impressive.
    Sooner or later, probably next Sunday, the Bills coaches are going to have to open up their playbook and throw downfield. Then we will see what EJ is made of. So far Geno has been asked to do way more than EJ has.

12. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Luck and RGIII were getting first team reps from jump street and didn't miss any time due to injury, as both Manuel and Geno did. They were better prepared. That said, both the Bills and Jets would swap for either of those quarterbacks in a heart beat.

#152 BrucekilledBoomer, Sep 16, 2013
  13. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

And they would probably swap for Teddy Bridgewater and Taj Boyd. I would anyway.
    Not saying that Geno and EJ will fail. Actually I like them both, but I feel those other guys are prolly better prospects.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I like RGIII but to make assine comments like he was so much better than EJ Manuel then you question my football knowledge. EJ has played just as well as anybody in the 2012 class his first two games and better than Luck and Wilson. So far is the best QB in 2013 class by far.

How in the hell does a 70 and 94 QB Rating average out 111 I am not a math Genius and all but. My bad I looked at QBR for game one instead of QB rating ESPN 139 game one. Still does not taken away that EJ is right there and better than the other rookies at this stage.

Lets take a look at the game coming up Rex has a history of making rookie Qbs look foolish look what he did to Luck last year. In cae you are wondering a QB rating of 50 and two picks.

He will most likely do the same to Manuel the only thing that maight save him is that Pettine runs a Similar D but I think Rex has a few tricks for the Rookie.

#154 cval, Sep 16, 2013
  15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

RGIII also had the best running game in the NFL last season. Looking at stats tell you nothing watch the fucking game.

16. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I agree with this they still are inconsistent. Watch Luck yesterday. Made some great throws and made some bad throws.

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Let's also not forget that RG3 is not a pocket passer. This is being severely exposed this season. His biggest weapon was his feet. When teams faced him, they had to pull off knowing he could run with it downfield. Now that his knee is injured, he no longer has that presence. He has to strictly rely on his arm, which obviously isn't working out in his favor.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

18. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

My post was about rookie QBs. So what we are comparing, at least what I am comparing, is their first two games as rookies coming into the league. In RG3s case that happened last year, not this year.

19. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Who cares. Andrew Luck is a generational talent. Anybody who can't see that should start watching table tennis instead of football.

20. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Funny I think I should be giving you the same advice.