Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's just frustrating knowing his basically done for the year. I held a glimmer of hope he could come back by October.

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

It is a sad time for the rest of the AFC East :(

3. nyjunc

it must be considering Mark won more playoff games than the rest of the division combined 2009-2012.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

The man took the AFC East by storm. They will write books about him one day.

5. nyjunc

regardless what whiny fans want to say the man won, he has more playoff wins as a starter than your team 1995-2012 so I guarantee you'd be ok w/ him if you made 2 title games in 4 years.

6. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The is no scenario in which Mark Sanchez would have remained the starting quarterback for the Jets this year. He needs to have surgery and move on to a new team as a backup or start his modeling career.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It's pretty clear that Idzik and MM both felt strongly that Sanchez is not and will never be a top quality NFL starter. There is no scenario where professional coaches and GM's would have a QB competition if they felt they had a franchise caliber QB on the roster. If you account for the fact that we were installing a new O and they decided to limit snaps it's clear as day they didn't believe in Sanchez as an NFL franchise QB.

They may well be wrong but the argument that Sanchez doesn't suck (in terms of being a quality NFL starter) clearly goes against the judgment of the current Jets upper management.

That doesn't mean they are sold on Geno. It just confirms that they weren't sold on Sanchez who they have years of tape on.

8. nyjunc

That's interesting b/c had Philip Rivers not held out the great Drew Brees would have been in a competition for his job in 2004.

Mark was going to start week 1, we would be better if he had both short term(most likely being 2-0) and long term w/ geno learning on the bench.

People act like any player that is cut or traded is a sign they can't play. It's silly.

9. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

That's a fair point (although more of an exception than a rule)...but Drew Brees started 28 games to that point. Not quite a 68 game evaluation.

10. nyjunc

we had a new GM that saw terrible QB play a year ago, he didn't get to pick his HC so he was going to get his QB. I don't think there is any doubt we'd be better w/ mark right now and we are seeing the panic move using our IR to return designation on him.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I have Junc on ignore for obvious reasons. Since you quoted him I will respond to both of you. SD didn't have a QB competition. They weren't installing a new O and Rivers was essentially drafted because SD had him at the top of their draft board and got him and a boatload from the Giants for Eli.

He sat behind Breese and was developed. If Breese hadn't gotten hurt we don't know what would have happened.

Facts and speculation aren't the same thing.

12. nyjunc

the obvious reasons being I tear apart your foolish posts.

Rivers was drafted to start, the only reason Brees got that chance to break out was b/c Rivers held out.

Maybe you should be a man and take me off ignore so you can learn?

who the heck is this Breese guy? Do Giant fans not see him enough to spell his name correctly?

13. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

While it's true that the Jets might be better with Mark right now (and Geno learning), the IR designation doesn't seem to be a panic move so much as it is best utilizing a roster spot while keeping Sanchez happy. Could be wrong, but it's just my $0.02.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think we would be in a very similar spot. i dont think mark sanchez is far and away better at this point. i think there are things that geno does that mark has shown he cannot or will not do.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Phillip Rivers is and always has been better than Mark Sanchez.

16. nyjunc

why would they care about keeping Mark happy?

that is a different argument and Rivers has had elite talent around him most of his career and has made one title game- when his backup came in and led them to the GW TD.

17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I can't wait until Rex Ryan writes a chapter in his next book about why they put the guy with the most road playoff victories in NFL history and #6 in playoff QB rating in a QB competition with a 2nd round pick.

I must understand...

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Fan pressure and the way Sanchez played last season. Its not that hard to understand. I understand why you might disagree but its not difficult to understand the motive.

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Junc if all a bad QB needs is good weapons then why isn't Gabbert taking the Jags to the SB? He has Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, Mercedes Lewis and MJD. Why did Skelton struggle despite having Fitzgerald, Andre Roberts, Floyd etc? When Vick got hurt why couldn't the good talent elevate Foles with Jackson, Maclin, Celek, McCoy? How about Fitzpatrick with Stevie Johnson and Spiller and Jackson etc?

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Will this board be discussing Sanchez for the next 10 years even when he's gone? I seem to think so more and more each day LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.