2013 Week 3- Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Sep 13, 2013.

1. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Even after what Tannehill has done so far in 2 games?

2. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

The ball was picked...but Kuechly grabbing Stevie prevented Stevie from making a play on the ball, so the foul committed helped lead to the pick.

3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Right. The original poster made it seem like Manuel was sucking it up and throwing INTs, when in reality, the guy prevented Johnson from catching the ball and someone else grabbed it. Had the LB not grabbed him and stopped him, Manuel's pass would have hit him right in the numbers. Manuel had nothing to do with it. Ball was right on the money.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The ball was picked off . . . remember? Btw, it was a good call, because it prevented Johnson from making a play on it.

5. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Doesn't make sense to say Manuel almost had 3 turnovers and no touchdowns when that "interception" was clearly a result of defensive pass interference. I know you didn't say that but you agreed.

6. slimjasi

good point. My overall point was that it's not like Manuel has been leaps and bounds better than Smith. They have had very similar performances up until this point. OK, geno threw one more pick. He also endured some horrific drops (including a TD drop).

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I meant to say going to be. If I had to pick a QB to win a game tomorrow I'd pick Tannehill but if I had to pick one going forward I'd chose EJ. Ryan has played well to start the season for sure.

8. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Fair enough.

It would be nice over the next 10 years or so for everyone else in the division to have good QBs EXCEPT the Pats

9. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Geno has thrown 3 more picks than EJ, not one.

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

You know exactly what play I am talking about. Ej over threw stevie johnson. Keuchly's PI didnt impact that play from what I saw. I dont think Stevie Johnson would have been able to even get a hand on that ball. As I said, if not for that call, EJ has 3 turnovers, one at the end of the game, and 0 TDs- similar to Geno's night. One play made all the difference there. I also believe that EJ had an INT called back vs the Pats also (I could be wrong here though). As Ive said, EJ hasnt exactly played significantly better than Geno, although the stats may indicate so.

He's been asked to do less, with more around him. I think thats a good approach by the coaching staff though. I hate how MM asked Geno to drop back 42 times vs the Pats in horrible weather.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

I really dont see this as the case, but I could be wrong. It hit the safety in between the numbers who was 5 yards deeper than where Stevie would have been. It looked like it sailed to me... Well the what ifs dont really matter. We'll see what happens next week.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see if our WRs can beat press coverage for once in their fuckin existence, the Buffalo DL will be in Genos face all day. This will be a major test for the guy. Pettine will be mixing coverages like mad, we could use a special teams or defensive score. Not expecting more than one offensive touchdown.

I think our defense will make EJ look bad as well, if we can stop the run we will be in it.

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Rex has a proven track record of shitting on rookie QBs E J will be no diffrent

14. slimjasi

I was referring to the second game, but I don't think that 2 games in, it's particularly relevant either way. It's much too early to start talking about EJ Vs. Geno in any meaningful fashion. EJ hasn't even played on the road yet. I think Buffalo clearly has better overall offensive talent and the Jets clearly have better overall defensive talent. I think next Sunday will be very interesting.

15. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

I think MP is the best thing that has happened to the Bills D in recent memory.
    Mario had 4 1/2 sacks yesterday. This kid Alonso may well wind up getting DROY consideration.
    In a year or two Gilmore will prolly be a top 5 corner in this league. When he and Byrd return look out.
    I would not be at all surprised if by years end Bills D was the best in the Division.
    IMO Geno and EJ have been pretty equal so far. Sometimes good, sometimes bad - inconsistent and what you might expect from most rookie QBs (except for last years crop). They both have a shot at being good. Personally I think Sanchez is prolly out of a job.

16. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Next week should be a really good game, Looking forward to the two QB's playing each other. If we can stop the run and catch the ball and maybe have someone on ST run one for a change we may have a good shot. ST's needs a lot of help.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Not sure if the Jets will win - this offense is so weak you can't be confident in ANY game. One thing I'm confident about though, this defense will make EJ Manuel look like the rookie that he is.

He hasn't had his stinker rookie game yet and with the way the Jets will disguise coverages and bring pressure, this will be it. I also like the fact that this defense is stuffing the run this year. Could be a long day for Manuel if he can't lean on Spiller/Jackson.

I'm glad the Bills won. They have a tendency to be too high going into Jets games where we knock em down a notch. Rex has had their number. Lets keep it up. It will be a low-scoring struggle either way.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Playing at home also helps our chances. Crowd was hot in Buffalo yesterday, and EJ looked calm as could be on that final drive. Would not want to be a division rival going into Ralph Wilson coming off their win yesterday.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That win wasn't that impressive. I'll give credit to Manuel for his work on that final drive, but he never should've gotten that chance.

Rivera cost that team the game with his idiotic decision-making late in that game. 4th and 1, 1:30 left, Buffalo has no timeouts and you have it at their 20 - GO FOR THE WIN. Especially since they were ripping run after run off on that drive. They had buffalo's d on it's heels with the best running QB in the game and veteran RBs, they'd picked 1 stinkin yard and clinched that victory. Why would you kick a FG and give Buffalo a chance? Horrible decision. No wonder they have had so many late game collapses in the Rivera era, because he makes terrible decisions like that.

I see the 2 QBs as a wash right now. Both had some ups and downs, both had late game victories aided by terrible decisions from the other teams. Manuel has had less mistakes, but he also hasn't played a road game yet... they are even in my book. That's what makes sunday interesting!

20. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

He was held so he couldn't get there. The interference kept him from getting to the ball.