2013 Week 3- Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Sep 13, 2013.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Why are we playing at 4:25 and not 1:00 PM? 2 East coast teams playing on the East Coast at 4?

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Probably because the Giants play at 1

3. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

East coast teams do play a 4 if it's a big time game. It's more surprising that we play at 4 because this game is a bad one.

4. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

a bad one? Its a meeting of two new rookie Quarterbacks and two fearsome defenses!... that nobody cares much about, but still!

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I guess they're on the EC next week too.

Yeah we aren't really a big time matchup here. I just found it weird. I also like 1 PM games better since it fits my schedule better

6. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

By bad, I meant a matchup no one cares about.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Turnovers will decide the game. The rookie QB that plays better will win.

Before the draft I let it known I thought EJ was much better than Geno, time will tell.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Bingo!!!!!

Both NY teams rarely play at the same time.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The game plan remains the same. Run the ball, run the ball and run the ball. Pass only when necessary. The defense needs to put pressure on EJ and the DB's must contain Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods. O line must protect Geno and hopefully the receivers actually catch the damn ball.

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

So far it looks like EJ Manual is more ready to start than Geno. There was a rumor that he was Rex's choice to draft and the Jets could have picked him in the first round instead of Richardson but didn't. So this will be a very interesting game as most Jets Bills games are. Always one of my favorites. Our D is better than therir's but they have better skill position players on O than we do. Although it was great to see the running game perform better esp Chris Ivory who was terrible opening day. Give him and Bilal the ball a lot more than on Thursday. One guy who is probably more reliable as a Wr than Gates, etc. is Ben Obamanu. Use Gates as a return man on kickoffs and punts and use Ben O and Ryan Spadola instead of Gates as a Wr. Geno vs. Ej. Jets 24, Bills 17.

11. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

From what I saw from Manuel he looked OK. Made some good throws and made some bad throws. Largely the same as Geno. If you are going off of completions he did seem to make a lot of very short throws to the safety valves. He does have more weapons on offense though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

EJ is much better than Geno

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

Is that in terms of being a prospect, or right now?

EJ almost threw the game away in similar fashion to the way Geno did vs the Pats. If it wasnt for a timely penalty that negated an overthrown ball that was picked off penalty, EJ has 3 turnovers and no TDs. I think EJ has looked solid so far, but nothing more. He hasnt been asked to do much by his coaches. Even on the last drive where they needed a touchdown, he dinked and dunked it. The Bills actually commit themselves to the run game, which in turn opens up the passing game- something MM seems to not do.

In terms of prospects, I personally didnt see EJ as much better, but thats just me. It will be interesting to see the two develop side by side in the same division. Im sure they will be compared on a daily basis.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This is what makes 2013 so much fun. It's not 'NE and everyone else' like it's been for the last 200 years.

It seems like all 4 teams are hovering right around the same suck-level for their own reasons.

All four teams could finish 8-8.

15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Which play was that?

16. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

lol, did you watch the game, Bills fan? It was a few plays before the game-winning TD Pass.

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Exactly. It's hilarious how perceptions can be drastically altered from one or two key plays. Up until this point, the two quarterbacks have been very comparable to one another.

18. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

There was no "almost picked off" or "picked off but negated by a penalty" pass on the last drive, that's why I'm confused. I'm assuming he meant the Keuchly pass interference on Stevie? But that ball wasn't picked off or overthrown. Not really sure what he's referring to.

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

EJ has better weapons of course but I have to agree. I think EJ is already the second best QB in our division.

20. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

yeah it's weird. Fins/Falcons at 4 as well.

I am very interested in this game and wish it were the 1PM slot so I could actually watch it closely. From what I have seen already, EJ looks good but I want to see what Rex throws at him.